• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
10 10

1,685 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, BishopT said:

A couple of convenient dollar box digs today:

A5224214-C88F-4D2A-85E6-1E88D17CB77C.jpeg

Batman #28 hot, huh?  Who the heck is Bluebird?  I think I snagged a few of those from a BAM when it came out and I believe they were 9.8 contenders.

15 minutes ago, WeR138 said:

Spent the day digging through $1 boxes at various places.  Picked up these: 

The Space Usagi was a fun find.

Some really good stuff.. sad to see Old Man Logan relegated to dollar boxes.. nice stuff

4 hours ago, WeR138 said:

DSCN6069.thumb.JPG.9cd0dba602797d5d616c3483200c9a27.JPG

I recognized every # of every issue you have posted, with only a portion of the cover showing..... it's time to reevaluate my life...:tonofbricks:

22 minutes ago, maidenmate91 said:

I recognized every # of every issue you have posted, with only a portion of the cover showing..... it's time to reevaluate my life...:tonofbricks:

When I go through boxes sometimes I only need to look at the issue #s of comics, not the full cover 

On 7/25/2020 at 8:59 PM, WeR138 said:

On 7/26/2020 at 12:31 AM, srezvan said:

I had no idea that Space Usagi blew up like this! I got these from the Half Price Books warehouse sale a year ago last week. They were $1 each.

20190719_201809.jpg

Are you guys going to sell your Space Usagi's on ebay?  Easy 100 bucks if not more... book hasn't made an appearance in a couple of days... 

2 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

Are you guys going to sell your Space Usagi's on ebay?  Easy 100 bucks if not more... book hasn't made an appearance in a couple of days... 

I will probably hold for now. Could be a fun series, and regret is a person_without_enough_empathy.

Edited by WeR138

1 hour ago, WeR138 said:

I will probably hold for now. Could be a fun series, and regret is a person_without_enough_empathy.

Yeah, another sold for 40 within minutes this morning. Probably the right move... I don't think the seller realized it's worth because he took the best offer immediately. 

On 7/25/2020 at 8:59 PM, WeR138 said:

I see there are still numerous listings online for Alpha Flight 17 as first Big Hero Six, even though it came out months after Sunfire & Big Hero Six 1.

12 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I see there are still numerous listings online for Alpha Flight 17 as first Big Hero Six, even though it came out months after Sunfire & Big Hero Six 1.

So would that entire mini predate AF 17?

17 hours ago, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I won't. I pinky swear.

On 7/28/2020 at 3:31 AM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I still see people claiming Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8 is the first black costume, even though it came out 7 months after Amazing Spider-Man #252, more than 35 years ago.  People never let facts get in the way of hyping a book for sale.

3 hours ago, valiantman said:

I still see people claiming Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8 is the first black costume, even though it came out 7 months after Amazing Spider-Man #252, more than 35 years ago.  People never let facts get in the way of hyping a book for sale.

classic/iconic cover?