• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shang-Chi coming to a theater near you
5 5

895 posts in this topic

#ShangChiDisney_ShangChi_2021.png earned a glowing A grade from CinemaScore from opening night audiences and still rocks a sky high 98% RT aud score. Movie fans are having a blast. Full opening day soared to near $30M.

2c $70MM+ 4 day seems to be in the cards
Edited by paperheart

On 9/4/2021 at 10:30 AM, paperheart said:
#ShangChiDisney_ShangChi_2021.png earned a glowing A grade from CinemaScore from opening night audiences and still rocks a sky high 98% RT aud score. Movie fans are having a blast. Full opening day soared to near $30M.

CinemaScore, really? Do I need to break down a list of their “A” movies? And I’ll take Metacritic over RT. I’m not saying I’m not excited to see this movie but those sites don’t hold much influence for me.

On 9/4/2021 at 12:37 PM, paperheart said:

‘Shang-Chi’: First Asian American Marvel Superhero Movie Resurrecting Box Office & Breaking Labor Day Records With $75M-$85M

given nearly no competition until Bond & no Disney+, looks like it should pass BW.  first $200MM domestic of the pandemic?

That’s crazy that this could pass up BW. I guess Disney really did mess up with its release. 

On 9/4/2021 at 1:01 PM, paperheart said:

if you overlook the $125 million in Disney+ revenue, then sure

I guess its overlooked as its just part of the home media release. Along with all the digital copies of BW sold on iTunes and amazon.

On 9/4/2021 at 9:37 AM, paperheart said:

‘Shang-Chi’: First Asian American Marvel Superhero Movie Resurrecting Box Office & Breaking Labor Day Records With $75M-$85M

given nearly no competition until Bond & no Disney+, looks like it should pass BW.  first $200MM domestic of the pandemic?

Holy cr p I can't believe how much this thing is looking to make.

If this holds up that is waaaay more than I ever would have suspected.  

Maybe eternals will do better after all too.

I would imagine spider-man/Bond will blow the doors off the box office at this point. 

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

On 9/4/2021 at 4:20 PM, Jaydogrules said:

Holy cr p I can't believe how much this thing is looking to make.

If this holds up that is waaaay more than I ever would have suspected.  

Maybe eternals will do better after all too.

I would imagine spider-man/Bond will blow the doors off the box office at this point. 

-J.

what about Venom? Oct 15 is too crowded: Bond 2nd, Halloween, Venom, Last Duel

In this day and age of social media, you just have to make a good movie because word of mouth is everything (haters aside). Besides other factors like the MCU fan base and a theater only premiere, Shang-Chi owes a lot of this opening weekend success to good word of mouth. And that’s because it’s a good movie.

Edited by @therealsilvermane