• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shang-Chi coming to a theater near you
5 5

895 posts in this topic

On 8/17/2021 at 1:40 AM, Larryw7 said:

Isn't that what they said about Black Widow and Suicide Squad?

The surprises this year have been productions that didn't seem to get much attention that came out on streaming or TV channels.

• Resident Alien
  • Mare of Easttown
  • Invincible
  • Shadow and Bone
  • Sweet Tooth
  • Dave (Season 2)
  • The White Lotus)
  • The Handmaid's Tale (Season 4) - WHAT A SEASON!

It was a given MCU and DC shows were going to get attention, along with movies. But those were the surprises that jumped out. No matter what studio blinders someone is wearing.

Lastly, here's those Reel Rejects guys and somebody from Cosmic Wonder giving their extended thoughts of Shang Chi including what they didn't like. In comparison, the Reel Rejects guys were disappointed in Black Widow.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 8/17/2021 at 10:49 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Lastly, here's those Reel Rejects guys and somebody from Cosmic Wonder giving their extended thoughts of Shang Chi including what they didn't like. In comparison, the Reel Rejects guys were disappointed in Black Widow.

Wow. So there's another pronunciation I had wrong in my head for years? Shong Chi...link wong chi... not Shang Chi.. like gang chi

Prediction: I'm not saying Shang-Chi is going to singlehandedly save the movie theater industry, but with so many people now doubting the viability of movie theaters in the wake of Black Widow, Disney+/HBO Max day and date streaming etc, etc., I predict Shang-Chi will renew widespread faith in the viability of movie theaters as the primary place for audiences to watch cinema.

If filmmakers making these larger more cinematic films (and small daring independent films, too) are going to be forced to premiere their work on TV, the desire and passion to produce such work will diminish. Movies need movie theaters.

On 8/18/2021 at 9:08 AM, TupennyConan said:

Prediction: movie theaters will go the way of the dodo. Folks need movies on their phones. Movies will move to phones. Occasionally, laptops or ipads. 

can i get an imax screen on phone?

also 3d if possible.

thank you!