• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning Comics
2 2

237 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Would be an interesting competition.  Set a time frame for people to find the slabbed book they think will clean up / press up the best and then resub all of them and see who gets the biggest grade bump.  Battle of the clean and pressers.

In this scenario, the winner would be the one that found the best candidate, not who did the best job. (shrug)

3 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:
3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Would be an interesting competition.  Set a time frame for people to find the slabbed book they think will clean up / press up the best and then resub all of them and see who gets the biggest grade bump.  Battle of the clean and pressers.

In this scenario, the winner would be the one that found the best candidate, not who did the best job. (shrug)

I almost posted the following earlier but meh but I agree, it would have to be the same book, since odd's are on the pressor, let the eraser do it and get it graded, then see if the pressor can make any improvements, but that's kind of meh too because pressors do more than just "clean" :foryou: anyhoo....

3 hours ago, kav said:

So now I'm trying to figure out how to unclean that book I ruined.  Maybe a quick drag across road.

You've committed an unforgivable comic sin. Maybe if you totally scrape off all the color in the affected area with a razor blade you can remove all evidence of self cleaning.

19 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

You've committed an unforgivable comic sin. Maybe if you totally scrape off all the color in the affected area with a razor blade you can remove all evidence of self cleaning.

good advice.  I just need to remove what I removed and get back to square one.

3 minutes ago, Hudson said:

Kav,

I think the simplest solution is for you to simply tear off the back cover. 

Problem solved.  

Bingo.  Instant rare amateur cleaning removal variant.  I can also sell removed cover as something Stan Lee might have signed.  More money.

:flipbait:

Edited by kav

3 hours ago, kav said:
3 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

450_messy1_080516.jpg.38a308991f3c94237e74ea7e3635485c.jpg

Oh dear god!
(voice from george costanza's briefcase tape recorder)

Earthquake? Or new episode of Hoarders?

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

New series-Earthquake Hoarders.

2 minutes ago, kav said:
6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

New series-Earthquake Hoarders.

I could be a star!  lol

On 12/19/2018 at 12:07 PM, kav said:

No one was giving this guy straight answers-I show up and try to do my best since he's getting nowhere and suddenly its MISINFORMATION EVERYWHERE!!  lol 

ya gotta love the boards

I think you should stop erasing , and buy yourself a nicer book.(shrug)

5 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

Sure I'll just BUY a nicer book.  With BEE money.  

7 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

or maybe I could sell some KNIVES-