• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning Comics
2 2

237 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, jsilverjanet said:

you posted the back cover pic of a book but isn't the Superman 210 also your work?

http://www.championcitycomics.com/2012/03/kavs-quick-tips-for-comic-book.html

Never said it wasnt-that was done 6 years ago when I virtually knew nothing about comics.  Didnt even know what a slab was.  Your point is?

1 minute ago, kav said:

Never said it wasnt-that was done 6 years ago when I virtually knew nothing about comics.  Didnt even know what a slab was.  Your point is?

it's funny that the book is posted and you don't take the "credit" for it but you're happy to provide advice here like you did "6 years ago". a professional just noted that he thought "your great job" was poor. Maybe you need to stop offering advice on things you know nothing about. But that won't stop you, because you have a pocket full of pennies that you need to offer your 2 cents on everything that's posted

2 minutes ago, kav said:

Now how long ago did you screw up your pressing?

you'd probably know better than me since you brought it up. I don't think I've ever gone into a pressing advice thread and said "GO FOR IT". I am not a professional and will be the first to admit it, therefore I keep any "tips or tricks" to myself.

Just now, jsilverjanet said:

it's funny that the book is posted and you don't take the "credit" for it but you're happy to provide advice here like you did "6 years ago". a professional just noted that he thought "your great job" was poor. Maybe you need to stop offering advice on things you know nothing about. But that won't stop you, because you have a pocket full of pennies that you need to offer your 2 cents on everything that's posted

Its funny how you criticised me about amateur work but didnt mention oh yeah-you screwed up pressing yourself many times-and that was after you had been on the boards and knew a lot about comics, not a novice like I was!  lol 

you'd probably know better than me since you brought it up. I don't think I've ever gone into a pressing advice thread and said "GO FOR IT". I am not a professional and will be the first to admit it, therefore I keep any "tips or tricks" to myself.

I know a lot of things better than you for sure.   You do things your way, and I'll do things my way how bout that?

1 minute ago, kav said:

Its funny how you criticised me about amateur work but didnt mention oh yeah-you screwed up pressing yourself many times-and that was after you had been on the boards and knew a lot about comics, not a novice like I was!  lol 

I never have offered advice about pressing, cleaning, restoration etc to do it yourself. I've always suggested that you go to a professional. I take responsibility with the information that I say when it comes to someone seeking advice. But spin the facts they way you'd prefer. If someone posted a book that was mine, I'd acknowledge it, just like I did with your post. In fact the only reason you know that is because I publicly posted that here on the boards. So how am I hiding that information again?

7 hours ago, moemaya said:

I have several raw comics from an estate sale that have mild dirt build up and just plain dirty - otherwise decent books.

Any recommendations on how to clean them?

It's funny that threads of this nature, always go off track and end badly.  With no intent on your part, you have become a Troublemaker !!! LOL.

I never have offered advice about pressing, cleaning, restoration etc to do it yourself. I've always suggested that you go to a professional. I take responsibility with the information that I say when it comes to someone seeking advice. But spin the facts they way you'd prefer. If someone posted a book that was mine, I'd acknowledge it, just like I did with your post. In fact the only reason you know that is because I publicly posted that here on the boards. So how am I hiding that information again?

As I said, you do things your way, and I'll do things my way.  You seem to keep thinking you're my moral mentor or something.  Nope.

You're hiding that information by not stating in your criticism that 'I suggest you leave things to professionals-I myself screwed up several books by trying to press them'.  

2 minutes ago, kav said:

I know a lot of things better than you for sure.   You do things your way, and I'll do things my way how bout that?

I'd be interested to know what those "things" are. Maybe you can teach me and the rest of us here a thing or two but clearly "cleaning a comic" isn't one of them, you've demonstrated that already.

1 minute ago, kav said:

As I said, you do things your way, and I'll do things my way.  You seem to keep thinking you're my moral mentor or something.  Nope.

You're hiding that information by not stating in your criticism that 'I suggest you leave things to professionals-I myself screwed up several books by trying to press them'.  

good advice. I'll do that here and moving forward. Will you do the same?

I've screwed up several books by trying to press them. I understand my limitations and I'm willing to admit them.

Hector aka JsilverJanet 12/19/2018

3 minutes ago, kav said:

I'd acknowledge it, just like I did with your post. 

um you did exactly what I did-fessed up after it was pointed out-not volunteering the info.  

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

good advice. I'll do that here and moving forward. Will you do the same?

I've screwed up several books by trying to press them. I understand my limitations and I'm willing to admit them.

Hector aka JsilverJanet 12/19/2018

No I will not do things the same way as you-no way.