• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cleaning Comics
2 2

237 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Kav, you are NOT a bad person and neither is Joey. If he gave any advice at all, it would generate more questions and requests for info. He is smart for not responding. BTW, I liked your 'see what you started' comment to the OP, funny  !

Bob the Bomber U crack me up frequently also!!  lol 

3 hours ago, kav said:
4 hours ago, joeypost said:

Never assume. 

Well you have to assume things-a lot of things every day just to exist-you have to assume your car will start, no one has stolen all the food from your fridge while you were out so might as well pick stuff up on the way home, that every bite of food you eat hasnt been poisoned, the sun will rise, you will wake up with the same number of fingers you went to bed with etc.

Actually, I always assume that you will never shut up.  But I'm not judging...., lol

Just now, lizards2 said:

Actually, I always assume that you will never shut up.  But I'm not judging...., lol

Never assume that!!!  I once shutted up for 3 months!!!

Just now, kav said:
1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

Never assume that!!!  I once shutted up for 3 months!!!

I don't believe that for second, even in your make believe world.

1 minute ago, kav said:
4 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I don't believe that for second, even in your make believe world.

No it's true-I had sworn to never post again.  Then RMA wouldnt stop posting things about me.  The last straw was him saying I did free drawings for people just to get credit and make people like me so I returned.  So thank him for that.  Plenty of people remember that.  Ask 1950s-he begged me to come back the entire time

Sometimes I just say chit to say chit...., much like you. :D :martini:

The moral of the story folks is if you get your dearest wish and someone you dont like disappears, do not start talking about them constantly!  Beetlejuice!  Beetlejuice!  Beetlejuice!!

6 hours ago, kav said:

No it's true-I had sworn to never post again.  Then RMA wouldnt stop posting things about me.  The last straw was him saying I did free drawings for people just to get credit and make people like me so I returned.  So thank him for that.  Plenty of people remember that.  Ask @1950's war comics-he begged me to come back the entire time.

Yep its true .... these chat boards need kav

Would be an interesting competition.  Set a time frame for people to find the slabbed book they think will clean up / press up the best and then resub all of them and see who gets the biggest grade bump.  Battle of the clean and pressers.

2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Would be an interesting competition.  Set a time frame for people to find the slabbed book they think will clean up / press up the best and then resub all of them and see who gets the biggest grade bump.  Battle of the clean and pressers.

Do it. Take the ball and run with it.

8 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
2 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I think he just wanted to run it up the flagpole to see if anybody saluted.

8 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

It wouldn't take much to put it together but do you really think I would get much of a response from the big guns in the industry?  It may be a good selling point for the small guys looking to make a name for themselves but when you are doing it for big bucks I'd think the negatives would outweigh the positives by competing.  And after thinking it over the big guys would have an unfair advantage since they would have a ton of books come thru their doors and the small guys would have to go by e-bay scans to try to pick some good contenders.  Let me think how I could make it a somewhat fair contest.

48 minutes ago, Pontoon said:
57 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Throw it against the wall and see what sticks kind of situation? 

1 hour ago, Pontoon said:
1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:
3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Maybe he should post it as a thread in CG to see how much snark is generated.