• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, buttock said:

Fortunately the new website "upgrade" didn't save anything I was watching, so I didn't have to spend any money or bid on anything.  

I was having the same problem. It was only yesterday when I realized that if you click “watch list” on the item in an individual window, it doesn’t save it. It only saves it (for me anyway) when I add to the watchlist from a search page or the main auction list.

On 5/15/2020 at 9:40 PM, szav said:

Speaking of comicconnect/metropolis... they're back on my s$%t list.  Not only have they skimped on their website, they're now using cheaper shipping materials on raw books despite charging the same shipping prices.  Bought a couple raw books, and it looks like someone drove a truck over the flimsy cardboard packaging they now use.  The books which were in F/VF range look like someone punched them in the face.

I swear these guys are trying to ruin their business.  There must be some comical Major League type scheme where they're trying to devalue the company for some reason.

Some guy named Rob from Metro called me once before to ask me about consigning books; I told him in no uncertain terms that I buy my books to keep and that he was not to call me again. Then, a couple of weeks ago, he called me again about consigning books—interrupted me during a conference call for work. I guess they're trying to see just how fast they can lose customers.

1 hour ago, IngelsFan said:

I was having the same problem. It was only yesterday when I realized that if you click “watch list” on the item in an individual window, it doesn’t save it. It only saves it (for me anyway) when I add to the watchlist from a search page or the main auction list.

Terrible functionality. 

1 hour ago, jimbo_7071 said:

Some guy named Rob from Metro called me once before to ask me about consigning books; I told him in no uncertain terms that I buy my books to keep and that he was not to call me again. Then, a couple of weeks ago, he called me again about consigning books—interrupted me during a conference call for work. I guess they're trying to see just how fast they can lose customers.

The part I don't understand is that they should have tons of books ready for consignment for their next Event Auction after all this time.  ???

Especially in light of the fact that virtually all of the books in this current Event Auction were supposedly for their own non-consigned books only, as a test of their website in action.

So, they should in theory have been building up their auction consignment inventory for the past 6 months or thereabouts.  (shrug)

Then again, it seems that Heritage is also in the process of agressively chasing down books for their ever increasing number of auctions, so I guess there's lots of competition for quality books. hm

6 hours ago, ThothAmon said:

With all the separate extended bidding windows open it was like a zoom meeting from hades. Very confusing. 

Since I didn't have time to watch any of the live auctions from yesterday, is it anymore confusing than what they had in the ast with respect to their extended auction bidding windows?  ???

7 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

It’s not his first leap. That’s page 3, I think. But your comment made me realize Superman has resorted to running across the telephone wires because he doesn’t fly yet!

Which other pages do you have?

Group shot?

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

I think a copy with that eye appeal.  White pages. Is a steal at 11k.  That’s at least a 15k -17k page imo. 

Yes. I concur

The Action comics 1 Page 5 sold for 27.5k in november. Off white pages

So 15k-17k

Great steal at 11k!

I think the covid and new format helped you to snag it

25 minutes ago, zen514 said:

Yes. I concur

So 15k-17k

P

Great steal at 11k!

Truthfully, page 5 is the better page since it has the Action 1 cover image.  Page 6 only has the Action 7 cover image.

But I appreciate the enthusiasm!

22 minutes ago, zen514 said:
4 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

I think a copy with that eye appeal.  White pages. Is a steal at 11k.  That’s at least a 15k -17k page imo. 

Yes. I concur

So 15k-17k

Great steal at 11k!

Yes, this is definitely going to look an even bigger steal in a few short years from now when the economy is fully back up on its feet. :banana:

Maybe there is a bit of truth with respect to Mitch's doom and gloom forecast for the short term.  (shrug)

I guess it's a matter of simply being willing to MANNUP at just the right time when these opportunities present themselves.  (thumbsu

36 minutes ago, zen514 said:

Its a beauty for the grade. Love it.. Its like the TEC 31 for The Joker😂

63FD9618-6E40-4F93-8ABC-FAF18080592F.jpeg

Well, unless there's a lot of additional bidding prior to the end of this aauction or during the extended bidding sessions, it appears you just might be able to pick it up for a steal as compared to recent sales of this book over the past few years.  :gossip:  :wishluck:

12 minutes ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Truthfully, page 5 is the better page since it has the Action 1 cover image.  Page 6 only has the Action 7 cover image.

But I appreciate the enthusiasm!

Of course Page 5 is the best tied with Page 1. But page 6  is no slouch and those both sold over 25.5k one of them brittle. I even think the off white page 5 should have sold for 30k easy.

So good timing. They dont grow on trees and will keep rising in value with Complet action comics 1. 300k for an unerestored or heavily restored is the entry point

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, unless there's a lot of additional bidding prior to the end of this aauction or during the extended bidding sessions, it appears you just might be able to pick it up for a steal as compared to recent sales of this book over the past few years.  :gossip:  :wishluck:

Thanks🤞 

Its looking good so far

7 hours ago, buttock said:

Fortunately the new website "upgrade" didn't save anything I was watching, so I didn't have to spend any money or bid on anything.  

There were a bunch of problems last night: Books ending from a few hours to as much as a day too early. :whatthe: Countdown clocks acting screwy. 

Supposedly things have been fixed and it's all systems go for tonight. We're about to find out.

The new site has been a train wreck. The old site, while dated looking, at least did the job and I think most people had gotten used to its quirks.