• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very Sad News regarding Stormsurge (Rich)
4 4

47 posts in this topic

HarveySwick sent this to me this morning. I've been putting off posting it because the raffle was going on and I didn't want to spoil the fun for people, but a lot of you helped Rich in the past. 

It's amazing that he had more than 3 good years, but terribly sad that he didn't survive. The last time we heard from him, he was very positive, so at least we know a really nice guy had some happy years.

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to share this very sad info I just saw on Facebook. Very sad news.  Hope all is well with everyone. 

Rich Rockwood went to be with Jesus on Dec. 21, 2018, at the age of 47. He lived his life as a giving, positive, funny, faithful, courageous, caring man till the end. Rich was born in Rumford, ME where he grew up skiing, going on many wild adventures with friends, and frequent trips to the library. He was raised by his Dad, with help from his Grandmother and Grandfather. Rich joined the air force right after high school where he served 8 years, 4 years in Biloxi, Mississippi and 4 years in Germany where he traveled throughout Europe. Rich then went to college at Indiana University where he graduated from the Kelley School of Business, fell in love with I.U. basketball and met his future wife Julie. Rich and Julie married in May 2000 and were married for 18.5 years. They welcomed a daughter in September 2003, where they have been a trio ever since. Rich landed his dream job in 2004 at Aldebaran Capital, where he has happily worked ever since as a Financial Analyst. Rich enjoyed family vacations, movies, seeing and buying art and pottery, baseball card and comic collecting, anything Warren Buffett, reading and chocolate. Rich also wrote two books, one on Geico and the other on Investing. He is survived by his girls, wife Julie and 15-year-old daughter Kathryn. Also, his dad Rick Rockwood and his wife Cheryl, and his sister Mary Suranofsky. Services will be held at Fishers United Methodist Church, 9691 E 116th St, Fishers, IN 46037, visitation from 12-2 p.m., and service at 2 p.m., Sat. Dec. 29, 2018. In lieu of flowers you can donate to the American Cancer Society, Save the Redwoods League, Heifer International or the Wild Animal Sanctuary in Colorado.