• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,515 posts in this topic

On 8/3/2022 at 6:33 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

Atomic Age collected editions - I have most of the PSArt horror and sci fi titles on four shelves, but hard to get the camera at them. The Craig Yoe anthologies are fun - and the repo is superior to the PSArt books. The Brenda Starr book is quite scarce.

IMG_20220803_105906.jpg

IMG_20220803_105920.jpg

I have all of the Harvey Horrors slipcases and I'm still jealous. lol

On 8/2/2022 at 12:46 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

As you can see from this rather awkward pic, I'm not terribly bothered about my bookcases - the big challenges are finding the right size shelves, and somehow getting all the jigsaw pieces in more or less the right place. Despite having a three room apartment, I barely have enough space. [But then about half my hardbacks are not remotely related to comics.]

This rather Dickensian shot is of the opposite wall of my bedroom. See what you can spot. I'll finesse some details later!

IMG_20220802_083844.jpg

Very nice collection. One thing I'm surprised you don't have is the BOOM Planet of the Apes archives. I remember the day they were supposed to come out they were already sold out! After that they were expensive as heck.

The good news is I noticed POTA is getting a marvel omnibus soon!

On 8/3/2022 at 8:06 PM, bronze_rules said:

Very nice collection. One thing I'm surprised you don't have is the BOOM Planet of the Apes archives. I remember the day they were supposed to come out they were already sold out! After that they were expensive as heck.

The good news is I noticed POTA is getting a marvel omnibus soon!

Thanks for the kind words. I never collected POTA, and there really are too many collected editions these days! 

I don't have the Vampirella Archives either - but that's more because of frustration with Gonzalez artwork -great splashes that sharply contrasted with the mannerisms of the more prosaic style he used in the panels.

I'm about at the limits in terms of shelf space now - but I think I've just about reached a point of equilibrium. The only material I see myself collecting long term would be new DC Gold and Silver omnibi.

Once Marvel publish the Miracleman omnibus, I should be done with them.

(Famous last words!)

But there will always be the odd thing -like the forthcoming Aztec Ace Collected Edition that is due after years of waiting.

So, a few things less familiar, perhaps, let's see..

Perhaps the scarcest collected edition I own is the Flesk Hardcover edition of Xenozoic Tales. [I kept the tpb as a reader] They recently produced a more recent edition though I believe in a slightly smaller format. Of course, if Mark Schultz ever does complete the remainder of the stories, this volume, valuable though it is right now, will become instantly redundant! Them's the breaks!

See the set of slim black volumes to the left? That's the complete edition of Don Lawrence's Storm in English -not sure if the original editions were in French or Dutch.

Not getting my copies out, but here are some illos of the covers from the site where I purchased them.

IMG_20220804_103750.jpg

Storm01cover-L.jpg

I've never heard of that, but it sure looks interesting. 

On 8/5/2022 at 12:14 AM, Flex Mentallo said:

Lots of great stuff published in Europe - a very different feel to most of it. The art is often of very high quality.

I can post more examples if of interest.

Well I'd love to see more, that's for sure.