• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,482 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Yes,  it collects every he man comic ever.... there is also a beautiful cover underneath. 

This is how huge it is compared to my huge invincible compendium vol3

20201001_101009.jpg

20201001_101346.jpg

Wow, that looks very cool! Man, that's a big book, better wear wrist guards while you read it!

Just now, Wolverinex said:

Oh I am just leaving it on my table while I read it... Way to heavy to carry in my hands.  I do love that it has every comic!  The 1980s series in the very back. 

Hmm, now I'm tempted...

The X-Men Children of the Atom box set was an instant sellout back in the spring. Asking prices for the $500 msrp set were in the $600-$800 range. I was so bummed that I missed it.

Happily, it appears to have quietly come back in stock at IST for $290. I alerted Santa, so I'm pretty sure I'll find it under the tree. If you missed it then, I wouldn't wait around for long, as no one else appears to have received new stock so far.

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/X-MEN-CHILDREN-OF-ATOM-HC-BOX-SET-SLIPCASE/SEP190974

Otherwise, nothing new for me. According the IST's schedule, the new printing of Absolute Swamp Thing was supposed to hit today, but is nowhere to be found. Tales of Wonder and Amazon show 10/28, so I'm assuming we'll see it then, the week after vol 2 is supposed to hit,

Edited by F For Fake

8 hours ago, F For Fake said:

The X-Men Children of the Atom box set was an instant sellout back in the spring. Asking prices for the $500 msrp set were in the $600-$800 range. I wasn't so bummed that I missed it.

Happily, it appears to have quietly come back in stock at IST for $290. I alerted Santa, so I'm pretty sure I'll find it under the tree. If you missed it then, I wouldn't wait around for long, as no one else appears to have received new stock so far.

https://www.instocktrades.com/TP/Marvel/X-MEN-CHILDREN-OF-ATOM-HC-BOX-SET-SLIPCASE/SEP190974

Otherwise, nothing new for me. According the IST's schedule, the new printing of Absolute Swamp Thing was supposed to hit today, but is nowhere to be found. Tales of Wonder and Amazon show 10/28, so I'm assuming we'll see it then, the week after vol 2 is supposed to hit,

The DC dates seem to be pushing to the right. Books of Magic is now a December release.

46 minutes ago, piper said:

The DC dates seem to be pushing to the right. Books of Magic is now a December release.

My bank account wouldn't mind if some of them pushed right into 2021! November is going to be a big month for me, JLA by Morrison Omni, Excalibur Omni, UXM v 2 omni, Blackest Night/Brightest Day Omni, JLI v 2 omni...man, that's a packed month. 

3 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

My bank account wouldn't mind if some of them pushed right into 2021! November is going to be a big month for me, JLA by Morrison Omni, Excalibur Omni, UXM v 2 omni, Blackest Night/Brightest Day Omni, JLI v 2 omni...man, that's a packed month. 

You using omnibuses, in place of bricks, to bury people in the ocean or something...?

6 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You using omnibuses, in place of bricks, to bury people in the ocean or something...?

:ph34r:

:he knows too much!:

3 hours ago, miraclemet said:

oooo.....

Yes, I'm looking forward to this one. I missed out on the four volume oversize hc's all those years back, was holding out hope we'd get this one day. The day is nearly here!

15 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Yes, I'm looking forward to this one. I missed out on the four volume oversize hc's all those years back, was holding out hope we'd get this one day. The day is nearly here!

Yeah i just passed on a few OOP lots of those OHCs on ebay.... glad I did.

I'm getting ready to sell some Marvel Omni, but am not sure how to tell the priniting when they are still wrapped. MCS isn't very clear on how to tell the different printings.

Any help would be appreciated.

27 minutes ago, shadroch said:

I'm getting ready to sell some Marvel Omni, but am not sure how to tell the priniting when they are still wrapped. MCS isn't very clear on how to tell the different printings.

Keep us posted on what you have for sale.

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Do you have a list of what you have? Some volumes only received one printing, so they're easy to tell. Others, like ASM 1 and UXM 1 have had several, so that's trickier. With ASM 1 you can tell a lot by the width of the book, as they changed paper stock between printings, but I'd have to do some research to recall which printing was which. If we can't help you (and I'm sure we'll try!) the forums at marvelmasterworks.com are one of the best resources for info on collected volumes, someone there can most likely help if we can't.

2 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

Do you have a list of what you have? Some volumes only received one printing, so they're easy to tell. Others, like ASM 1 and UXM 1 have had several, so that's trickier. With ASM 1 you can tell a lot by the width of the book, as they changed paper stock between printings, but I'd have to do some research to recall which printing was which. If we can't help you (and I'm sure we'll try!) the forums at marvelmasterworks.com are one of the best resources for info on collected volumes, someone there can most likely help if we can't.

Am I right that first print for Omni’s is less important than whether or not it’s out of print?

I’ve been looking for ASM V1 and amazed at the prices on eBay.

At least Annihilation Conquest is being reprinted...

21 hours ago, F For Fake said:

The X-Men Children of the Atom box set was an instant sellout back in the spring. Asking prices for the $500 msrp set were in the $600-$800 range. I was so bummed that I missed it.

Sweet set.  I was going to pick this up but I don't know if I can  stand all the silver age X-men stories.. the last time I read them they were so outdated...

I read there were 4 omnibuses that contain all the Claremont runs.. does anyone know which ones those are?  Those are the stories I am most interested in collecting...

43 minutes ago, piper said:

Am I right that first print for Omni’s is less important than whether or not it’s out of print?

I’ve been looking for ASM V1 and amazed at the prices on eBay.

At least Annihilation Conquest is being reprinted...

Yes...mostly.

There are some cases (just a few) where hard core collectors know that some printings are better/worse than others in the way they are made.

For example the 1st print of the Spidey omnibus was done with nice sewn binding, but the second printing was done with glued binding. So those "in the know" look for the 1st edition omnibus over the 2nd.

But you are right the most important factor in pricing and valuation is if the book is out of print and if it is not likely to go back into print.