• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,483 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I feel the same.  2021 is the year of the purge as far as I am concerned.   I had an awakening and looked around and said, "What is the purpose of all of this?"  So far I am down 4x 25gallon rubbermaids, 3 short boxes of comics and various other drawers of stuff.  I am going through clothes and everything.   After this year, I will very likely take a complete year off from buying AND selling anything.

Refresh and reevaluate and all that. 

It sounds like your ready for Naked and Afraid!!!  :banana:

1 minute ago, PickleRick1216 said:

There were some true blue ribbon record breaking sales on Heritage tonight.

I don't understand why someone would want to pay in excess of FMV plus the buyer's premium when they could buy a copy below FMV on eBay.

media0.giphy.com/media/60XrL3RctndLi/200.gif

Hah.  I got a few texts this evening about mind blowing sales.   Someone paid over $20k for an AF15 in 1.5.  That's all fine and dandy unless this is just a hint of inflation.  I don't need comics.  I do need gas and milk so hopefully what we are seeing with comics is not a foreshadowing of things to come in all other areas. 

Just now, Buzzetta said:

Hah.  I got a few texts this evening about mind blowing sales.   Someone paid over $20k for an AF15 in 1.5.  That's all fine and dandy unless this is just a hint of inflation.  I don't need comics.  I do need gas and milk so hopefully what we are seeing with comics is not a foreshadowing of things to come in all other areas. 

I think eBay sales are generally more realistic. I follow eBay, comic link, heritage, comic connect and mycomic shop pretty closely. Heritage seems to be an outlier for blasting past FMV. (shrug)

I would be curious what the behind the scenes refusal to pay rates are for all those sites.

Just now, Buzzetta said:
1 minute ago, lizards2 said:

It sounds like your ready for Naked and Afraid!!!  :banana:

I have never understood camping.  Why would anyone want to practice being homeless? 

I was a wildland firefighter for 12 years. Now I am on a Type 2 fire team. It has totally ruined camping for me.

Now I go to hunting camps only, and have a canvas wall tent with wood stove, one to cook in, and one to sleep in, with a cot and dog to keep me warm.

No more sleeping on the ground and/or curled around a burning stump in an attempt to keep warm for me.

Just now, PickleRick1216 said:

I think eBay sales are generally more realistic. I follow eBay, comic link, heritage, comic connect and mycomic shop pretty closely. Heritage seems to be an outlier for blasting past FMV. (shrug)

I would be curious what the behind the scenes refusal to pay rates are for all those sites.

I dunno.  The book I sold on eBay for $325 today I purchased for $40 on Comiclink last August. 

Also there was a recent post about why Captain America Comics go for a premium on eBay.  I stand by the belief that there is an eBay audience that does not see certain types of books and do not shop anywhere else. I mean it's crazy.  Look on GPA and you will see that a sale for a Batman 52 in a 2.5 with Slightly Brittle Pages that sold for $1200 two years ago.  That was my sale.   I would never get away with that price on Comiclink or any other comic site.   Higher grade copies, even in this market have recently sold for less.   There are certain crowds that visit certain venues and on those venues some are willing to pay more than others. 

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

I was a wildland firefighter for 12 years. Now I am on a Type 2 fire team. It has totally ruined camping for me.

Now I go to hunting camps only, and have a canvas wall tent with wood stove, one to cook in, and one to sleep in, with a cot and dog to keep me warm.

No more sleeping on the ground and/or curled around a burning stump in an attempt to keep warm for me.

Girl at work invited us all to go camping around ten years ago but she warned everyone that the could not go if they sleepwalk or roll around too much in their sleep.  You see, you would be camping on elevated platforms because the place at night was littered with alligators or crocodiles or whatever else it was. A few people went.  Not for me. 

My version of camping is when I fall asleep on the train.

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

Girl at work invited us all to go camping around ten years ago but she warned everyone that the could not go if they sleepwalk or roll around too much in their sleep.  You see, you would be camping on elevated platforms because the place at night was littered with alligators or crocodiles or whatever else it was. A few people went.  Not for me. 

OK - this sounds like fun - sign me up.

15 minutes ago, PickleRick1216 said:

There were some true blue ribbon record breaking sales on Heritage tonight.

I don't understand why someone would want to pay in excess of FMV plus the buyer's premium when they could buy a copy below FMV on eBay.

media0.giphy.com/media/60XrL3RctndLi/200.gif

eBay is full of scam artists. One must be super careful with large purchases on that platform. 2c

7 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

You want the prime fishing spot, then you camp. The Nehalem is great as you can practically fish from your tent.

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I dunno.  The book I sold on eBay for $325 today I purchased for $40 on Comiclink last August. 

Also there was a recent post about why Captain America Comics go for a premium on eBay.  I stand by the belief that there is an eBay audience that does not see certain types of books and do not shop anywhere else. I mean it's crazy.  Look on GPA and you will see that a sale for a Batman 52 in a 2.5 with Slightly Brittle Pages that sold for $1200 two years ago.  That was my sale.   I would never get away with that price on Comiclink or any other comic site.   Higher grade copies, even in this market have recently sold for less.   There are certain crowds that visit certain venues and on those venues some are willing to pay more than others. 

So many people with so much money will only buy from Heritage. I'm not sure why, for the most part, there's always another book...eventually.

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Sounds like you were camping in my neck of the woods (swamp).

https://www.insider.com/florida-man-brought-alligator-to-convenience-store-2018-7

Just now, innocuous said:

You want the prime fishing spot, then you camp. The Nehalem is great as you can practically fish from your tent.

Are you offering your guide services?

2 minutes ago, innocuous said:
15 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Are you offering your guide services?

I am a poor fisherman. If I'm lucky, a good year is 3 nooks to bring home. But always happy to join others and learn.

I've never had much luck at all fishing, so pretty much given it up. You would prob be a superstar compared to me. :sorry: 

We do slam the razor clams at Agate Beach though. I love that. The clams you have to hunt!!! 

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Reminds me of when we were dissecting ascaris worms in zoology.  The worm that digs up spine to brain and begins eating.  Lab manual said be careful as the egss can still be viable in formalin preserved worms.  Packed up my stuff and left.  I'll take a zero for that particular lab-

Had a couple of books listed in the just finished Clink auction.

Nothing big, just some left overs from the liquidation that I wanted to move.

A mid run "Georgie", and a "Jeanie" and ASM 35 Cent variants #170, #171, #172 and #173.

Very happy with the results. Again,nothing great just 'clean-up.

Clink does seem like the best place to move the odd ball low census books.

This was my first time purchasing from comiclink and there’s a hair in the slab that wasn’t disclosed. There was no scan of the back for the auction which makes me think this was done on purpose. Any suggestions?

7865BD68-1F58-46E0-BCB1-EEAA351E807D.jpeg

7 minutes ago, ectocooler said:

This was my first time purchasing from comiclink and there’s a hair in the slab that wasn’t disclosed. There was no scan of the back for the auction which makes me think this was done on purpose. Any suggestions?

It looks like a gray hair so you should tell people it's Stan Lee's. You can probably sell the slab for triple the price.

1 hour ago, ectocooler said:

Do you buy things on eBay and if so may I have your screen name to add to my special list.