• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,483 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, bluehorseshoe said:

8ish year search over. Only 7 sales for 9.8 copies since 2007 listed on GPA. 20 total 9.8s in census, 18 blue. Pry it from my cold, dead hand.

Nick Fury 4 4544 May 26, 2021.jpg

That's awesome 🤩

I own (not 9.8) #1&#5 but always been captivated by the steranko covers early in this series, but so captivated that I'm only now realizing that says origin issue 😂

I really should pay more attention doh!

Congrats!

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's awesome 🤩

I own (not 9.8) #1&#5 but always been captivated by the steranko covers early in this series, but so captivated that I'm only now realizing that says origin issue 😂

I really should pay more attention doh!

Congrats!

Thank you.  I was looking for 1 and 4, and the 1 went for 4300 or so, but there are 50+ 9.8s I think of 1, so I just shot the longest arrow in my quiver at the 4. Couldnt be more pleased.  Thank you again for the comment!

Prices on GA seem strong this auction. Not even close on all books I bid on, including this Fantastic Comics 5. Strong price but looks to be really nice for a 6.0. Really beginning to regret selling this title over last couple years. 

fantastic comics5 on clink auction.jpg

Edited by whomerjay

2 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

8ish year search over. Only 7 sales for 9.8 copies since 2007 listed on GPA. 20 total 9.8s in census, 18 blue. Pry it from my cold, dead hand.

Nick Fury 4 4544 May 26, 2021.jpg

Is that a huge shard of debris on Nick's face?  Another example for the QA thread.  Otherwise, a fantastic pickup.

12 hours ago, innocuous said:

I wanted it too. But, saving for something else. at least I got a tracking bid in. ComicLink, why no watch list???

here’s the final price  

image.png.e4d504da5b4210916506866161b99e73.png

That's exactly why I think.  Everyone puts in tracking bids.  lol  The Showcase run is a great run overall as there are so many good books. 

2 hours ago, bluehorseshoe said:

Great, great book, I was out of it yesterday.

I almost bid too low. But then, I figured I was going to be bidding against someone crazy like me, and added some stank at the end.

It worked for the CM 26, but not for the IM 55 :cry:

On 6/1/2021 at 5:03 PM, bluehorseshoe said:

CLink contacted me about it before I could get to them. They noticed a piece of something in the bottom of the bag the encapsulated book was in while processing it for mailing, and went back to look at the scan, and whatever it was, it made the scan, but fell off.  They apologized and are sending a new scan, chalking it up to one of those things that usually they catch, which I agree with that statement, as if the case has issues, they always state that information, or just not accept the book for sale. Good people at Clink.

EDIT: Just got the new scan:

nick fury 4 98 fr.jpg

That book is just too awesome for words, so ............:sick:

On 5/26/2021 at 11:52 PM, innocuous said:

I wanted it too. But, saving for something else. at least I got a tracking bid in. ComicLink, why no watch list???

here’s the final price  

image.png.e4d504da5b4210916506866161b99e73.png

Found this ultimate variant cover? oddball? at Clink and was doing some searches here to learn anything and thought I'd share since you were eyeballing SC17 and may now something. The search continues...

20 minutes ago, RMG1 said:

Found this ultimate variant cover? oddball? at Clink and was doing some searches here to learn anything and thought I'd share since you were eyeballing SC17 and may now something. The search continues...

There are all sorts of books rebound under the Red Circle #4 cover, Showcase #17 is one of the latest books I've heard of with the Red Circle Cover.  But while it may be an unique variant in the particular combination of grade and internal issue, it's not a particularly odd one given the general history of rebound books using that cover.

37 minutes ago, RMG1 said:

That is the kind that I would never buy slabbed. What's the point since you cannot see the interior unless you crack it?

4 minutes ago, pickycollector said:

That is the kind that I would never buy slabbed. What's the point since you cannot see the interior unless you crack it?

That's a fair view but doesn't not seeing the interior apply to all slabbed books? unless the comment is not being able to verify that CGC made the correct call / pulled a fast one?