• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink, Comic Connect, Heritage, etcetera... Wins...
33 33

2,483 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MattTheDuck said:

This is from the April auction.  Arrived Thursday. 

The books that I paid CL for back in late March/early April arrived yesterday For some reason, it seemed like I had to keep 'pushing' them to ship my books. They arrived safe & sound, though. I guess that's the important thing. Lots of unnecessary stress, though.

Just now, Gaard said:

The books that I paid CL for back in late March/early April arrived yesterday For some reason, it seemed like I had to keep 'pushing' them to ship my books. They arrived safe & sound, though. I guess that's the important thing. Lots of unnecessary stress, though.

In my case, this was the only book from the auction.  To capitalize on the shipping, I also ordered an Exchange book (FF 42, posted elsewhere), and I'm sure that's why they didn't ship until late May.  My March auction books (3) shipped immediately.

Can anyone verify that 7 weeks is a typical wait time when buying off CL's Exchange? I wouldn't think that combining them with auction winnings would make any difference, seeing as how all auction books are already in house.

7 hours ago, OtherEric said:

There are all sorts of books rebound under the Red Circle #4 cover, Showcase #17 is one of the latest books I've heard of with the Red Circle Cover.  But while it may be an unique variant in the particular combination of grade and internal issue, it's not a particularly odd one given the general history of rebound books using that cover.

I don't understand paying anymore for these Red Circle "variants" than one would for a nice coverless copy. That's what they are, with a pretty generic and fairly common replacement cover slapped on. 

2 hours ago, InfantTerrible said:

I won an item on May-28 ComicLink auction, paid off the next day, and yet still there's no shipment confirmation. I called them, e-mailed them and no replies.

This is very frustrating!!!

I paid may 10 to 15 or something. Usually takes them week and half maybe 2 weeks. All auction wins. No books yet. By far longest time I have waited. Usually surprised how fast they shipped. Now wondering if I need to contact them.

1 hour ago, I_Am_Not_A_Cat said:

I paid may 10 to 15 or something. Usually takes them week and half maybe 2 weeks. All auction wins. No books yet. By far longest time I have waited. Usually surprised how fast they shipped. Now wondering if I need to contact them.

:facepalm:

On 6/5/2021 at 2:26 PM, Gaard said:

I guess you could call it 'the spirit of fair play', but I feel compelled to say....

The auction books I paid for on 5/13 shipped yesterday. Lightning fast compared to last time.

Oh man, I actually won a key GA book for guide on Heritage through a proxy bid and now I am more scared than excited. Because while I always hope that happens, it never happens. Anyways, it's a gamble here. They had a lot of "early" whiz comics issues which include 25, the first appearance of Captain Marvel Jr. The condition of these 5 books is a said to be average GD/VG, but the examples they showed (which does not include issue 25, don't know if that's ineptitude or a big red flag) seem more GD. If 25 is GD/VG, then I'm good since that's the book that is driving up the price of this lot and I'll consider anything else as a bonus. If 25 if more VG range to make up for the more GD looking books they pictured, then I hit the jack pot and got myself a great book for my collection for cheap. But we just don't know. It's like the most expensive blind bag ever. Anyways, here's the lot.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superhero/whiz-comics-group-of-5-fawcett-publications-1941-42-condition-average-gd-vg-total-5-comic-books-/a/122127-11958.s?ic2=mybidspage-lotlinks-12202013&tab=MyBids-101116#

lf?set=path%5B2%2F4%2F3%2F7%2F2%2F24372690%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

On 6/5/2021 at 11:35 AM, Gaard said:

Can anyone verify that 7 weeks is a typical wait time when buying off CL's Exchange? I wouldn't think that combining them with auction winnings would make any difference, seeing as how all auction books are already in house.

I don't know that it's "typical" but it can take that long yes. They have the auction books in house but not the Exchange books so they are at the mercy of the consignor. If it took him 2-3 weeks to get the book out to them I could see it taking 7 weeks. I haven't bought anything off the exchange in years but the auction books always get here fairly quickly so I have to think it's the exchange book that held it up.