• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

I spoke to Ian via PM's at his forum a couple of months ago about his collection and not posting here anymore. He says he's seriously considering selling off the collection and starting again from scratch. That's an auction I'd love to see.

Did he say why? Is he unsatisfied with the condition? Does he just want to start over for the thrill of the hunt?

I spoke to Ian via PM's at his forum a couple of months ago about his collection and not posting here anymore. He says he's seriously considering selling off the collection and starting again from scratch. That's an auction I'd love to see.

Did he say why? Is he unsatisfied with the condition? Does he just want to start over for the thrill of the hunt?

He's grown a pair and is going to start collecting Marvels.

(thumbs u

Not an exact reason, but he made it sound like he missed the chase. I later made the faux pas of asking about the Double Action situation and haven't heard from him since.

Not an exact reason, but he made it sound like he missed the chase. I later made the faux pas of asking about the Double Action situation and haven't heard from him since.

lol that tells me everything I need to know.

(thumbs u

yeah, like THAT'S a challenge :insane:

Gator could put the entire Marvel together in six months.

(thumbs u

yeah, like THAT'S a challenge :insane:

Gator could put the entire Marvel together in six months.

Bill,

You are right but there is only one Rick..

lol

I just found these in that collection I bought... just wondering if he has, or needs them.

If he doesn't, ask the moon for these books (just for fun) and lets see how he reacts. I have $10 that says he starts a thread slagging you.

Nahh... He can have them (if he even needs them) for a modest donation to ACTOR.

We have enough drama here.

(:

lol

I just found these in that collection I bought... just wondering if he has, or needs them.

If he doesn't, ask the moon for these books (just for fun) and lets see how he reacts. I have $10 that says he starts a thread slagging you.

Nahh... He can have them (if he even needs them) for a modest donation to ACTOR.

We have enough drama here.

(:

There is never enough drama. Anymore statements like that and you will be forced to surrender your Collector's Society Message Boards membership. :sumo:

I'm still in awe that someone has assembled the entire DC catalog (thumbs u Truly mind-boggling. That is more money and more time than I can spend. I read earlier that another person (scoop) has collected the entire DC line as well.

I'm pretty sure DC does not have a complete collection. Even though they may have the world's largest comics collection it seems doubtful that even the mighty Library of Congress has the complete DC catalog:

http://www.loc.gov/rr/news/coll/049.html

Although scattered issues date from the late 1930s, the holdings are most comprehensive from 1950 to the present

You have to wonder if the Library of Congress would approach Ian, scoop and others to let them photograph their collections and deposit it in their archives for safekeeping. Or if DC will come a'knockin' on Ian's door with a dumptruck full of money. :o

Well he must of at least made a couple people have thick pockets full of cash. In order to acquire a collection that quickly you are going to have to overpay on a lot of hard to get issues.

:hi:

I'm still in awe that someone has assembled the entire DC catalog (thumbs u Truly mind-boggling. That is more money and more time than I can spend. I read earlier that another person (scoop) has collected the entire DC line as well.

I'm pretty sure DC does not have a complete collection. Even though they may have the world's largest comics collection it seems doubtful that even the mighty Library of Congress has the complete DC catalog:

http://www.loc.gov/rr/news/coll/049.html

Although scattered issues date from the late 1930s, the holdings are most comprehensive from 1950 to the present

You have to wonder if the Library of Congress would approach Ian, scoop and others to let them photograph their collections and deposit it in their archives for safekeeping. Or if DC will come a'knockin' on Ian's door with a dumptruck full of money. :o

Dang, I was planning a funny book vacation to visit, galk, and read comics but then I read this:

"Because of the rapid deterioration of the paper and the value of older issues, full access to the comic book collection is restricted to readers engaged in serious research."

hm I could start an American Lit degree doctoral study.