• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

Ian,

Glad to see you back! Can you post the More Funs I sold you? I would love to see them again after all these years. The 52 is seen in your group shot but I would like to see scans of them again.

Thanks,

Bill

Ian,

Out of curiosity - how many copies of "How You Can Defend Your Home" are known to exist?

Great to see you posting again. Also great to see you ignoring most of the trolls. Keep up the good work! :applause:

A personal request - if you could post a scan or picture of the New Adventure #26, that would be cool. I still remember the first time I held your copy in my hands when the prior owner showed it to me at the show in Oakland, CA. It's gorgeous! :cloud9:

Some of Ian's pictures are just amazing.

How You can Defend Your Home.

Possibly the rarest ever Golden Age DC.

hi, when did you start your complete D.C. collection? how long did it take?

I started when I was ten.

Started seriously in the early 1970s.

Completed it in July 2005.

Ian, I'm not sure this has been asked but how to deal with all those comics? I mean do you have some form of Comic room or even a museum to display some of the books?

I, much like you, love lower grade big logo Detectives, stuff like this:

Big Logo Detective covers :cloud9:

My collection pales in comparison I'm sure but I have two so fair. Then I have a handful of misc other Big Logo DC covers. Once I finnish up my ASM collection, I'm going to focus on trying to add more to my big logo DC collection.

Sorry but I don't believe she ever did complete it. Certainly not back then, anyway.

Hmm, maybe I misunderstood the postings at the time, here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=45806&Number=848237#Post848237

Congratulations on being the 2nd person to complete this remarkable feat! What are you going to do now? Try and upgrade so that you have something closer to the quality of Christine's complete collection?

No, I am perfectly happy with them all. I have upgraded every comic I wanted to upgrade except for Girls Love 5. I had a huge list to upgrade and now there's just one comic left on it. I am more than happy with my collection. As for what I'm going to do now, I'm going to try to complete my MASSIVE HUGE ENORMOUS collection of rare DC giveaway, promo, and premium comics, NONE OF WHICH CHRISTINE HAS AT ALL !!!!! (I'd love to see her find either a Superman/Bradman comic, or a Twisted Metal comic).

And before I accept her collection as complete, I need to be sure she has both "Narrative Illustration - The History Of The Comics", and "How You Can Defend Your Home", both of which qualify as bone fide M.C.Gaines All American comics, and both of which are true DCs.

Maybe I misread this, but weren't you willing to concede she had a complete set if she had these 2?

Hmm... PLOD, registered 18 July 08, has an opinion on a years old argument? meh

So, you're either a shill for a previously banned member, or you're hurtling to conclusions based upon a cursory examination of ancient threads.

In fairness mate, I don't think that the date that somebody registered on the boards should reflect on the validity of their comments. 2c

It's none of my business and I don't know the history, being a relative newbie here myself. It just irked me a little to see someone who registered a couple of weeks ago casting aspersions. Of course, PLOD's probably been here before under a different name/s. Again none of my biz really and I'm not one to have an opinion on 'board politics' :angel:

Also the "Dirtminator" - what's that all about?

Very cool - I would imagine you're locating stuff that you didn't know existed all the time.

The Dirtminator turned up on e-Bay about four years ago.

The lot contained two copies. I kept one and let Jerome Wenker have the other.

I have searched for it ever since, as I wanted a spare, and it has never ever ever turned up anywhere.

DC made it as a custom comic book for Black and Decker, and created an evil dust monster that could only be defeated by their "Dustbuster".

It is a proper regular sized comic book displaying the DC bullet, whereas many of the promos DC made did not display the bullet.

The Remco Warlord is obviously a toy giveaway, isn't it? Weird Mystery Tales is the one I'm most puzzled by.

They were two advertising booklets, about a quarter the size of regular comics, containing preview panels of various DC and Vertigo mystery titles.

Do you have Double Action 1?

I don't believe there is one. Only the artwork and the knowledge that it was to reprint Doctor Occult. It's more like Cancelled Comic Cavalcade - the only copies that exist are mocked up.

Here's the cover.

63118.jpg.78f353f0fd708f0bda578b25776b9c6a.jpg

A personal request - if you could post a scan or picture of the New Adventure #26, that would be cool. I still remember the first time I held your copy in my hands when the prior owner showed it to me at the show in Oakland, CA. It's gorgeous!

I haven't scanned mine because I have a scan stored of the Mile High copy.

In the meantime, it never hurts to show this pic again...

63119.jpg.b9cc92fdabecb17d85fa6d846994b7c2.jpg

Some of Ian's pictures are just amazing.

How You can Defend Your Home.

Possibly the rarest ever Golden Age DC.

Did you know a copy was sold a few weeks ago here on the boards ?

DEFEND.jpg