• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

But is it a clue or just fun? You know they know we will find stuff and you know they can't have it all happen. Here is a short list...

-Quicksilver comes back

-Mephisto shows up

-Dr. Strange shows up

-High Evolutionary show up

- Agatha Harkness shows up

-Arcanna shows up

- Professor X shows up

-Magneto shows up

-AIM shows up

All of these things have been mentioned, surmised, guessed. At the end of the day, you know the creators put a bald mans picture in the background on purpose to get us talking. Same with this weird face. Same with numbers within the episode. It's a combination of hints and pure easter eggs and that is what makes the speculating so much fun. They want us to guess and hope and be guessing til the end. At the end of the day though, all of the above things (and the others out there) cannot all happen.

If you look closer at the image, it's not just a bald man, it's a classic image of the devil with horns and a goatee. What makes this clue different is it's not guessing by fans (like Magneto or Prof X) with little evidence and it's not Easter eggs hidden and scattered throughout the show. This is a one and only "egg" on the poster and .that also features the main players of the show. That could be significant. Couple this with Mephisto's history with the characters and the "eggs" in the show itself like Agnes saying "the devil is in the details" and her husband named Ralph, and it's a deliberate pointing towards Mephisto.

3 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

If you look closer at the image, it's not just a bald man, it's a classic image of the devil with horns and a goatee. What makes this clue different is it's not guessing by fans (like Magneto or Prof X) with little evidence and it's not Easter eggs hidden and scattered throughout the show. This is a one and only "egg" on the poster and .that also features the main players of the show. That could be significant. Couple this with Mephisto's history with the characters and the "eggs" in the show itself like Agnes saying "the devil is in the details" and her husband named Ralph, and it's a deliberate pointing towards Mephisto.

Right you could be! I personally don't see the horns you speak of...the goatee, kind of, I assumed it was shadowing....this is what I mean, the show works very well to fuel crazy ideas but in reality, it could all just point to the big thing which is Mephisto. 

3 minutes ago, comicginger1789 said:

Right you could be! I personally don't see the horns you speak of...the goatee, kind of, I assumed it was shadowing....this is what I mean, the show works very well to fuel crazy ideas but in reality, it could all just point to the big thing which is Mephisto. 

The image is small, but if you use a magnifying glass or something, you see the horns coming out the side of his head slightly above eye level. For me, there's nothing scarier than the devil himself. Exorcist and The Omen are among my all time scariest movies.

5 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:
20 hours ago, the blob said:

Fan theories say Herb is the High Evolutionary... who is Herbert Wyndham in the comics

Now this one on Dottie is interesting, many thought Clea because she looks like her and we are wondering how Wandavision will hook up with Dr. strange:

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/wandavision-spoilers-dottie-theory-arcanna-squadron-supreme/

I am not familiar with the character, but she is Arcanna Jones (Earth 717s version of Zatanna) ... Dottie Jones in the comics .. her husband is Phil Jones in the comics and show, she looks like her, she is from another universe ... which would possibly infer that wanda has created some sort of cross-over porta straddling the multiverse

Also, Dottie keeps on saying "for the children"... in the comics all 4 of Arcanna's children are killed

Her first appearance is already hitting $50+ raw..... it was $2 a week ago

I have a box of worthless Defenders comics. You know I don't have that issue, I will have 3 copies of each of the books around it though.

Well, I guess that solves the Dottie mystery. Makes sense to me. Generally speaking, maybe we're not realizing how much the Multiverse is going to play into MCU Phase 4, especially with Loki around the corner.

My hope and wish is that High Evolutionary has nothing to do with WandaVision, is just an Easter egg for comic fans, and is being saved for a debut in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 and will connect to Rocket and hopefully Adam Warlock.

While putting the DC character analogs in a MCU show would be a ballsy move I would imagine it would be a legal nightmare.  I would imagine there is near to a 0% chance that anyone from the Squadron Supreme shows up in the MCU.

Edited by thunsicker

1 hour ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Apparently an image of the devil (Mephisto) is hidden in the new WandaVision poster?

wandavision-default4-1254942.jpeg.ae9cb32559fa3114beec2ef674ed76b5.jpeg628870370_visionposter(2).jpg.cb1d5c33a63fcb9a5ee9a24b68fd459c.jpg

Agnes is featured over all the other supporting characters. 

22 minutes ago, bpc3qh said:

I wouldn't expect to see the High Evolutionary until GoG 3. The "Herb" thing felt like a reach from people.

Plus he's got a New Jersey driver's license just like all the others.  They're all most likely people who lived in the area and got sucked into the town.

On 2/2/2021 at 9:55 AM, fantastic_four said:

Yep, but what I don't know is whether or not Lorenz had read "A Sound of Thunder" himself to inspire him to cite a butterfly flapping its wings as his example of chaotic minor changes having unexpectedly large effects elsewhere in complex systems.  The Bradbury story was published in 1952, so it's possible Lorenz read the Bradbury story.  I've Googled in the past to find confirmation or denial of that possibility but never found anything.

I enjoyed those too when I saw them, but I hadn't read the Bradbury story or looked at chaos theory at the time.  Watching the Terminator films after that I had to choose to just ignore the TONS of changes to the past the Terminators were making that would inevitably have DRAMATIC changes on the future and defeat their entire purpose for going back in the first place.

I first learned of chaos theory when most people probably did--when Jeff Goldblum mentioned it in Jurassic Park in 1993.

Had to buy a copy of this comic when I saw the cover (I think @DavidTheDavid was selling out his ECs, and he confirmed it for me).

The cover just screamed at me that the comic included that Bradbury story 'Sound of Thunder.' 

WdSF_25_A30.thumb.jpg.8c582662e2f5ad88670b376c6857d2e3.jpg

On 2/3/2021 at 8:58 AM, valiantman said:

You can't tell O.J. Simpson's story starting with the Ford Bronco.  You'd need at least 29 minutes of him playing football, getting married, having kids, etc. :baiting:

Geeze Louise, not even a mention of Police Squad ?!

4 hours ago, thunsicker said:

While putting the DC character analogs in a MCU show would be a ballsy move I would imagine it would be a legal nightmare.  I would imagine there is near to a 0% chance that anyone from the Squadron Supreme shows up in the MCU.

These characters were created and published 35 years ago and show up regularly. I think DC may have missed the chance to bring their claim. Laches. Arcanna won't wear fishnets on the show. She'll be a witch from another dimension.

5 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

Upon reflecting on some of my own earlier conspiracy theories, I think you are right.

I mean, if mutants exist and if that blurry bald headed photo in the background on the wall at SWORD was professor Xavier, it means they have been hiding. Which, okay, maybe they just says "hey mutants have always existed, the world just didnt know about em", which is fine but it does seem like a huge thing to throw our way all of a sudden. If anything, that photo is likely a sneaky little tidbit to get people talking more than it will actually link to future events. 

OK, there is a nearly indestructable super powered dude living in upper manhattan who is ALL OVER the local news and a group of immortal warriors running around with secret armies (I understand the media not knowing about them, but SHIELD didn't?), a billionairre pretty boy martial arts master who can knock down a building with his fist (not to mention the super powered lady in downtown manhattan ... we can accept DD being ignored) .. not to mention telepaths like jessica's season 3 boyfriend (ok, he's under the radaar too) .. and none of them are mentioned in any of the MCU movies as far as I know (I don't know if they are ever mentioned in SHIELD .. again, don't spoil it for me, I'm working my way through the episodes...).. so it seems possible that some version of the x-men and mutants could be under the radar (remember, the x-men movies have so many timelines and such and so many telepaths who could erase collective memories) and simply not being discussed at the avengers level (not to mention all the powered individuals in the SHIELD show who weren't called upon to battle Thanos...) .. yes, it doesn't make sense that mere mortals like Hawkeye and Black Widow and others who rely just on tech (Falcon, Ant Man, etc.) are called upon, but frigging Luke Cage, who in the comics can last a minute or two with the Hulk, never gets a phone call??? [As you can see I have a slight obsession with the interconnectivity of all of these different media properties...and i miss the netflix shows)