• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, the blob said:

OK, there is a nearly indestructable super powered dude living in upper manhattan who is ALL OVER the local news and a group of immortal warriors running around with secret armies (I understand the media not knowing about them, but SHIELD didn't?), a billionairre pretty boy martial arts master who can knock down a building with his fist (not to mention the super powered lady in downtown manhattan ... we can accept DD being ignored) .. not to mention telepaths like jessica's season 3 boyfriend (ok, he's under the radaar too) .. and none of them are mentioned in any of the MCU movies as far as I know (I don't know if they are ever mentioned in SHIELD .. again, don't spoil it for me, I'm working my way through the episodes...).. so it seems possible that some version of the x-men and mutants could be under the radar (remember, the x-men movies have so many timelines and such and so many telepaths who could erase collective memories) and simply not being discussed at the avengers level (not to mention all the powered individuals in the SHIELD show who weren't called upon to battle Thanos...) .. yes, it doesn't make sense that mere mortals like Hawkeye and Black Widow and others who rely just on tech (Falcon, Ant Man, etc.) are called upon, but frigging Luke Cage, who in the comics can last a minute or two with the Hulk, never gets a phone call??? [As you can see I have a slight obsession with the interconnectivity of all of these different media properties...and i miss the netflix shows)

None of the Marvel TV shows are MCU canon. Consider Marvel TV to be an alternate universe.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Lagos

Spoiler

Marvel Cinematic Universe (Earth-199999)
Crossbones was pinpointed by intel to be headed for Lagos, Nigeria. Then at the Institute for Infectious Diseases, Captain America and his fellow Avengers stopped him and his mercenaries. Then, Rumlow fought Captain America, but Rogers had beaten him up. Captain America demanded Rumlow to reveal who he was working for, Rumlow claimed that it was the Winter Soldier who was pulling his strings before arming a bomb applied in his suicide vest, intending to take Captain America with him. Maximoff used her powers to whisk him away from Rogers but unintentionally placed him next to a building with Wakandan nationals. Rumlow is among those who perished in the resulting explosion.

X-Men Cinematic Universe (Earth-10005)
William Stryker led Black Ops group called Team X, which consisted of James "Logan" Howlett, Victor Creed, Wade Wilson, Agent Zero, John Wraith, Chris Bradley and Fred Dukes. Their first mission involved tracking the source of a mysterious meteorite to Lagos, Nigeria. They used their mutant powers to invade a facility and stole nothing but a paper weight. They followed the trail to a village where they threatened a villager as to where the meteorite came from, Logan becomes disgusted and leaves. With his departure, Team X disbands.

For the most part a filler episode. But there are some cool reveals and scenes.

But with only 9 episodes, dragging this mystery out too far could be perceived as packing air time in something that could be a two-hour movie. Time will tell.

There is a cool conflict scene between the virtual and actual worlds. And Wanda's accent comes back. Meaning in her alternate world she sees herself differently.

Edited by Bosco685

The Marvel television shows from Netflix as well as Agents of SHIELD are supposed to be MCU canon, but there wasn't crossover probably because of the feud between Feige who ran the films and Perlmutter who ran the shows.  The shows referenced events from the movies, but I don't think any of the films ever referenced the shows.  The references in the shows were usually quick and in passing, or they were just easter eggs in the backgrounds of scenes.  The only one I remember for now is a Daredevil episode mentioning the Chitauri invasion of New York from the first Avengers film.

I'm sure Feige will mostly forget the shows since they were mostly produced separately from his own MCU planning.  There could be a few elements he will pull in.  We do know they're pulling in Charlie Cox to play Daredevil in the next Spider-Man film.

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

The Marvel television shows from Netflix as well as Agents of SHIELD are supposed to be MCU canon, but there wasn't crossover probably because of the feud between Feige who ran the films and Perlmutter who ran the shows.  The shows referenced events from the movies, but I don't think any of the films ever referenced the shows.  The references in the shows were usually quick and in passing, or they were just easter eggs in the backgrounds of scenes.  The only one I remember for now is a Daredevil episode mentioning the Chitauri invasion of New York from the first Avengers film.

I'm sure Feige will mostly forget the shows since they were mostly produced separately from his own MCU planning.  There could be a few elements he will pull in.  We do know they're pulling in Charlie Cox to play Daredevil in the next Spider-Man film.

marvel_s_agent_carter_tv_series.thumb.jpg.63cc1b98d699c4207b87c16159ff472e.jpg

Agent Carter had strong influences from the Captain America: The First Avenger film.

So we knew this was coming from leaks, and now we've seen it so it's time to ask--why was Fox Quicksilver in this episode?  I'm glad they at least had Darcy note that they "recast the part" within the narrative because if she hadn't said that it's possible we were supposed to think as fans that was supposed to be her reincarnated dead brother played by a new actor.

He shows up as appearing in one episode in the IMDB credits.  I don't know if he showed up there before today, but I watched the episode an hour after it was released and he was in the credits then.  I kind of doubt they updated them overnight, but who knows, maybe they did.  I'm guessing they had a set of core characters that weren't surprises that they released episode info for, but the surprise characters probably aren't in the credits for now.

My greatest hope is that they pull Michael Fassbender in as Magneto.  He's not the right age at 43 to be the dad of Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson who are both around 31, but that's a plus and they can easily age him up a bit with minimal makeup.  We already know they're pulling Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool from the Fox films, so also pulling Fassbender isn't a stretch.  He played the part perfectly, and it's difficult to imagine them casting the part much better.

3 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

So we knew this was coming from leaks, and now we've seen it so it's time to ask--why was Fox Quicksilver in this episode?  I'm glad they at least had Darcy note that they "recast the part" within the narrative because if she hadn't said that it's possible we were supposed to think as fans that was supposed to be her reincarnated dead brother played by a new actor.

He shows up as appearing in one episode in the IMDB credits.  I don't know if he showed up there before today, but I watched the episode an hour after it was released and he was in the credits then.  I kind of doubt they updated them overnight, but who knows, maybe they did.  I'm guessing they had a set of core characters that weren't surprises that they released episode info for, but the surprise characters probably aren't in the credits for now.

My greatest hope is that they pull Michael Fassbender in as Magneto.  He's not the right age at 43 to be the dad of Elizabeth Olsen and Aaron Taylor-Johnson who are both around 31, but that's a plus and they can easily age him up a bit with minimal makeup.  We already know they're pulling Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool from the Fox films, so also pulling Fassbender isn't a stretch.  He played the part perfectly, and it's difficult to imagine them casting the part much better.

I just was thinking about at some point do they go full 'Wanda Madness' and all of a sudden Deadpool walks by waving. So to have Fassbender appear would be just as great. One of the strongest performances from the Fox X-Men Universe.

:wishluck:

6 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

Nick Fury made one or two appearances, along with a few other characters from the films in AoS also. 

I forgot about Agent Carter.  I never saw it, nor Agents of SHIELD.  So aside from quick references in the Netflix shows we have Carter and Fury in those shows, Coulson in Agents of SHIELD, and I've heard Sif was in Agents of SHIELD as well.  Were there other crossovers from the films?

Does Agents of SHIELD take place before the events of the first Avengers film?  I just realized the show started after he supposedly died.  Anyone like this show?  I didn't watch it because I was never an Avengers fan growing up, and didn't really start feeling like a fan until a year after the first film came out.  But SHIELD still didn't interest me, and it still doesn't fully, but I'm far more interested now than I was when the show was actually airing.

10 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I just was thinking about at some point do they go full 'Wanda Madness' and all of a sudden Deadpool walks by waving. So to have Fassbender appear would be just as great. One of the strongest performances from the Fox X-Men Universe.

:wishluck:

I think he's my favorite actor from any X-Men film, period, aside from perhaps Patrick Stewart.  First film I saw him in was 300, but it was a relatively minor part, and all of the Spartans looked so similar in their armor that he didn't stand out much.  After that I loved him in Inglorious Basterds, caught my attention immediately.  And I love Prometheus, too.

He was originally going to have his own standalone Magneto film, but that got scrapped and all of the background content from First Class about the character was taken from the Magneto film screenplay.  LOVED every moment of that stuff almost entirely due to his performance, and it's one of the reasons I still rank First Class among the top fifteen superhero films ever made.

26 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Funny you mention, I had checked the cast list on Wednesday and he was most definitely NOT listed.  

17 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I forgot about Agent Carter.  I never saw it, nor Agents of SHIELD.  So aside from quick references in the Netflix shows we have Carter and Fury in those shows, Coulson in Agents of SHIELD, and I've heard Sif was in Agents of SHIELD as well.  Were there other crossovers from the films?

Does Agents of SHIELD take place before the events of the first Avengers film?  I just realized the show started after he supposedly died.  Anyone like this show?  I didn't watch it because I was never an Avengers fan growing up, and didn't really start feeling like a fan until a year after the first film came out.  But SHIELD still didn't interest me, and it still doesn't fully, but I'm far more interested now than I was when the show was actually airing.

I like the shows because I find they delve into the technical aspects whereas the movies have to skim through a lot over a shorter period. The last two seasons of AoS cut through a lot of fluff with 13 episodes.

Edited by chezmtghut

10 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I think he's my favorite actor from any X-Men film, period, aside from perhaps Patrick Stewart.  First film I saw him in was 300, but it was a relatively minor part, and all of the Spartans looked so similar in their armor that he didn't stand out much.  After that I loved him in Inglorious Basterds, caught my attention immediately.  And I love Prometheus, too.

He was originally going to have his own standalone Magneto film, but that got scrapped and all of the background content from First Class about the character was taken from the Magneto film screenplay.  LOVED every moment of that stuff almost entirely due to his performance, and it's one of the reasons I still rank First Class among the top fifteen superhero films ever made.

One of the most intense and best comic book scenes in any of these movies.

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

For the most part a filler episode. But there are some cool reveals and scenes.

But with only 9 episodes, dragging this mystery out too far could be perceived as packing air time in something that could be a two-hour movie. Time will tell.

There is a cool conflict scene between the virtual and actual worlds. And Wanda's accent comes back. Meaning in her alternate world she sees herself differently.

Good episode. I like how they went half-in/ half-out of Westview.  I feel like we are almost approaching the top of the rollercoaster and the ride is about to begin. 

2 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Good episode. I like how they went half-in/ half-out of Westview.  I feel like we are almost approaching the top of the rollercoaster and the ride is about to begin. 

Agreed. I think Episode 6 is where this all starts to come together more than any of the episodes.

6 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

One of the most intense and best comic book scenes in any of these movies.

Absolutely.  I've probably re-watched that scene around 20 times on Youtube over the last decade...Fassbender's intensity in it is spellbinding.

9 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

The most logical thing to do at this point would be to call Nick Fury or the Avengers to talk to Wanda.  Anybody think we'll be seeing Clint or Natasha next episode?