• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

What was Heyward arrested for, what crime?  And is Wanda now a criminal on the run?

Disobeying orders, misappropriation of government resources... I am sure that there are a number of things that he did.

Whose orders would he have disobeyed?  He's the leader of SWORD, so who, the President?  And how did he misappropriate resources?  He's the head of a weapons organization, and he did a bunch of stuff to appropriate a weapon in Vision, and he also tried to save the people of Westview.  I know they were setting him up as the bad guy, but he seemed borderline immoral, but only controversially so because there's an angle where you can justify their actions in the same way you can do with many leaders.  I can't think of anything the FBI would arrest him for.

1 minute ago, fantastic_four said:

Whose orders would he have disobeyed?  He's the leader of SWORD, so who, the President?  And how did he misappropriate resources?  He's the head of a weapons organization, and he did a bunch of stuff to appropriate a weapon in Vision, and he also tried to save the people of Westview.  I know they were setting him up as the bad guy, but he seemed borderline immoral, but only controversially so because there's an angle where you can justify their actions in the same way you can do with many leaders.  I can't think of anything the FBI would arrest him for.

The show did leave some gaps in story logic with some of what we saw. To include how 'Ralph' used powers to capture Monica.

On 3/3/2021 at 8:08 AM, fantastic_four said:

If they don't clear up how and why Wandavision is being broadcast in the last episode I'm taking the trip to the Marvel Studios headquarters in Burbank and starting a riot.  :mad: 

Just bought my plane tickets...WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!

5e213239-fdb3-42ac-91ee-527edd88515c_tex

Just bought my plane tickets...WHO'S WITH ME!?!?!

5e213239-fdb3-42ac-91ee-527edd88515c_tex

But...but...but...Kevin Smith cried again at the end of the episode.

Now I truly believe he is paid per crying session. With extra fees per eye. (:

One thing I'm COMPLETELY confused on is when Monica Rambeau got her powers.  When they took that x-ray of her that turned out white indicating something was wrong her immediate reaction was to say "no, we're done here" when they wanted to take another one.  That told me she might already know she had powers so that's why she refused another x-ray.  As the show went on they kept making a big deal of her going in and out of the hex and that's perhaps what caused her powers...so I've been unsure the whole time which it would end up being.  She isn't the first person to enter and leave the hex...so are they on the road to getting powers, too?  Woo, Darcy, Heyward and his whole team, and EVERYONE in Westview--are they mutates now, Monica is just further along because she went in twice?

So what was added in this episode is that she jumped in front of those bullets...and didn't seem surprised she didn't die.  And she was completely unfazed and flip with the twins about their "nice tricks."  This entire scene SCREAMED she already knew she had powers, which as far as I can tell she shouldn't have known up to that point if she got them from the hex.

So did she already have powers going into the show or not?  The show half-indicated she did and half-indicated she didn't.  (shrug)

Edited by fantastic_four

18 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Well, someone selected him to lead.   Even a boss has bosses.  

But honestly, he did something to earn him silver bracelets.  Illegal detainment?  I dunno.

It's not something that really matters to the narrative.  I classify the charges that he is brought up on as necessary as to know where Jack Bauer goes to the bathroom off screen or if he chews on a granola bar during the cut scenes.  I am okay with it. 

5 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

One thing I'm COMPLETELY confused on is when Monica Rambeau got her powers.  When they took that x-ray of her that turned out white indicating something was wrong her immediate reaction was to say "no, we're done here" when they wanted to take another one.  That told me she might already know she had powers so that's why she refused another x-ray.  As the show went on they kept making a big deal of her going in and out of the hex and that's perhaps what caused her powers...so I've been unsure the whole time which it would end up being.  She isn't the first person to enter and leave the hex...so are they on the road to getting powers, too?  Woo, Darcy, Heyward and his whole team--are they mutates now, Monica is just further along because she went in twice?

So what was added in this episode is that she jumped in front of those bullets...and didn't seem surprised she didn't die.  And she was completely unfazed and flip with the twins about their "nice tricks."  This entire scene SCREAMED she already knew she had powers, which as far as I can tell she shouldn't have known up to that point if she got them from the hex.

So did she already have powers going into the show or not?  The show half-indicated she did and half-indicated she didn't.  (shrug)

See now, THIS is a gap in the storytelling. 

I'll admit the finale felt a little rushed, as if the filmmakers just finished Episode 8 and were like "Oh s**t, we forgot we're only slated for NINE episodes!" Its pacing was a little off in comparison to the slower more nuanced pacing of the rest of the episodes, during the action sequences anyway. I don't mind the final creative choices that were made, but maybe allowing things to sink in a little more would have hit the emotion a little harder for me, like when Wanda's family begins disintegrating when the Hex starts shrinking.

A couple of loose ends for me are left hanging. I guess the identity of Agent Woo's missing witness person was unimportant? I guess the broadcast signal was just a by-product of Wanda wishing her life become a feel-good TV show? As in she wanted a TV show so she's getting the whole thing, broadcast signal and all.

The very very end scene could be another open door for us Mephisto drum beaters, but maybe it's just Wanda trying to get the spell right, as Agatha teased, to bring Tommy and Billy back properly.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

1 minute ago, Buzzetta said:

See now, THIS is a gap in the storytelling. 

I'm not sure it is.  More often than not people assume things are holes that actually aren't, so I'm not ready to go there yet.  The easy explanation for this not being a hole is that she already had her powers before the show.

One more thing about going in and out of the hex altering you...when Wanda started dispelling the hex in this episode, but then re-expanded it when she saw Vision and the twins dying...whoever exited the hex, then re-entered it--are they all mutates now, too, since they entered, exited, and re-entered?

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I guess the broadcast signal was just a by-product of Wanda wishing her life become a feel-good TV show? As in she wanted a TV show so she's getting the whole thing, broadcast signal and all.

I guess that's what we're left to conclude with what's visible on the surface.  And how is she displaying this incredible level of seemingly-omniscient power never shown before in the MCU and comics?

YsbKHg1.gif

I'm not sure it is.  More often than not people assume things are holes that actually aren't, so I'm not ready to go there yet.  The easy explanation for this not being a hole is that she already had her powers before the show.

One more thing about going in and out of the hex altering you...when Wanda started dispelling the hex in this episode, but then re-expanded it when she saw Vision and the twins dying...whoever exited the hex, then re-entered it--are they all mutates now, too, since they entered, exited, and re-entered?

I wouldn't be surprised if much of what currently could be assumed is a plot hole or missed opportunity carries over to another show or film which then demonstrates one of the potential hurdles with a very long franchise run.

Viewers want closure near-term unless it is very obvious what is intended to build a longer story.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if much of what currently could be assumed is a plot hole or missed opportunity carries over to another show or film which then demonstrates one of the potential hurdles with a very long franchise run.

Viewers want closure near-term unless it is very obvious what is intended to build a longer story.

If that closure exists in Multiverse of Madness I'll have wondered...why didn't they release this show in November or December of this year so that it butts up closer to Doctor Strange 2?  Now all I have to go on is unfilled story points for more than a year.  :mad:

2 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I guess that's what we're left to conclude with what's visible on the surface.  And how is she displaying this incredible level of seemingly-omniscient power never shown before in the MCU and comics?

YsbKHg1.gif

Yeah, perhaps Chaos magic gets you things you didn't necessarily count on, hence the name chaos. Genie level magic.

If that closure exists in Multiverse of Madness I'll have wondered...why didn't they release this show in November or December of this year so that it butts up closer to Doctor Strange 2?  Now all I have to go on is unfilled story points for more than a year.  :mad:

Agreed. The pandemic has really messed with release timing. :(