• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Dang it! That was one I was waiting on and then forgot in the end to even noodle over who it was

:ohnoez:

I really do want to know what that was all about

It may have just been a throwaway never intended to mean anything, just an excuse to get Woo there.

Wasn't Heyward supposed to have someone on the inside?  Who was that?

I'm with Kevin Smith on this one. I'll be honest, I thought Mephisto or somebody was going to come in at the last minute of the show and violently rip away Wanda's children to neverland and to be continued in DS2.

The quiet ending we got where Wanda was able to say goodbye to her children and Vision on their terms was the closure Wanda needed. All her life, her loved ones had been violently ripped away from her and she'd never been able to say goodbye. She got that here and was even left with some hope. For me, probably the most soul touching thing in an MCU film/show ever. She got her closure and we/she can move on to bigger badder things in Doctor Strange 2.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

21 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

It may have just been a throwaway never intended to mean anything, just an excuse to get Woo there.

Wasn't Heyward supposed to have someone on the inside?  Who was that?

Still - they focused on it long enough it felt like it was part of the story.

So when folks were posting ideas here of where that could lead, I couldn't help but assume we would find out.

Edited by Bosco685

12 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I'm with Kevin Smith on this one. I'll be honest, I thought Mephisto or somebody was going to come in at the last minute of the show and violently rip away Wanda's children to neverland and to be continued in DS2.

The quiet ending we got where Wanda was able to say goodbye to her children and Vision on their terms was the closure Wanda needed. All her life, her loved ones had been violently ripped away from her and she'd never been able to say goodbye. She got that here and was even left with some hope. For me, probably the most soul touching thing in an MCU film/show ever. She got her closure and we/she can move on to bigger badder things in Doctor Strange 2.

I would've enjoyed it, never re-watched anything aside from maybe the Vision vs Vision or Wanda vs Agatha scenes in episode 9, and then just moved on if not for the dozens upon dozens of hints of a larger mystery.  All of the hinting left me feeling betrayed and like I should just ignore all that sheet in future MCU works that try it again.

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

So what was added in this episode is that she jumped in front of those bullets...and didn't seem surprised she didn't die.  And she was completely unfazed and flip with the twins about their "nice tricks."  This entire scene SCREAMED she already knew she had powers, which as far as I can tell she shouldn't have known up to that point if she got them from the hex.

Actually this is doubly true because the twins weren't even real and Monica knew it, so the idea of her sacrificing herself for two constructs soon to be gone makes even less sense.  The only way it makes ANY sense is if she already had her powers and exactly how they worked.

None of the theories paid off! And I gotta say I couldn't be happier:roflmao:Thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing, glad Pietro was no one, got a little...misty...during Wanda's closure. That costume is :golfclap:I definitely wanna know where Vision flew off to, and if Wanda is reading the Darkhold I think we have bigger problems. I think making Monica the only new hero coming out of this was a good idea obviously she's gonna show up in Captain Marvel 2 next which means Carol will be meeting back up with Fury. I'm sure I have more but that's just what's fresh right now.

On 2/27/2021 at 10:45 AM, AJLewandoski said:

The Vision we're seeing in the Hex is a construct of the Mind Stones power inside Wanda that's why he's coming through as yellow. In the Hydra scene we see the Mind Stone choose Wanda and show her her potential as the Scarlet Witch, and this whole scene is bathed in the Stones yellow power. The Hydra scientists didn't see this because it was happening inside Wanda's mind, but it seems it has a special connection with her, almost as if it consciously wants to be with her. Back when Tony and Bruce were examining the scepter in Age Of Ultron they described the stone as being conscious or sentient by the patterns they were observing in it. So it doesn't seem like too far of a jump to say that it was actually the Mind Stone portion of Vision that wanted to be with Wanda the whole time much like how Simon Williams brain patterns were the part of Vision that wanted to be with Wanda in the comics. 

So I just wanna say I think I may be the only one that got ANY theories right. This one was pretty spot on lol

6 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:
9 minutes ago, WernerVonDoom said:

They did Agatha Harkness dirty.  Not much chance of being Franklin's nanny now.

I definitely wouldn’t trust her with my kids (worst nanny ever), but the MCU definitely ain’t done with her.

I'm still unconvinced Agatha was in any way the bad guy save for one event--she almost dropped the SWORD soldiers from a height that would have resulted in injury.  And even then I'm unsure she wasn't more careless than anything else since they were about to shoot one or both of them so there's a self-defense element there.  The kids weren't real and Agatha knew it, so I can't count what she did to them as a clear act of evil.  I need to re-watch the interactions between her, Wanda, and SWORD a few times to decide who was more in the wrong during that whole confrontation.

Isn't what Wanda did the broadest, most impactfully harmful act in the entire series?

Was solid but felt incomplete. Was hoping for a bit more. Like they should have split that into 2 episodes and added a bit more time. Felt like the story had a few gaps. Looks like Quicksilver may of been just a big tease.

Maybe SS3 isn't the best book to sink thousands of dollars into. 2c

Edited by Rip

Should I be searching for a way Wanda would have suddenly gained the understanding of what magic runes are and how to use them?  They look like characters from a language neither she nor I should recognize, so how did she suddenly know how to draw them at all, much less in the sky using what, clouds?  Dust?

Or should I just leave it alone since it's all just

YsbKHg1.gif

Overall I like the last episode.  As others have said I enjoyed seeing Wanda get "closure" that she hasn't really had up to now.  I didn't get the 2nd end credit scene though.

Spoiler

Since when has Wanda been able to make 2 of herself?  I mean that is what I saw right?  She got up from the front of the cabin went in to pour tea, then the camera panned and there was another one of her studying the Darkhold.

I assumed two things about that scene--she's at Wundagore Mountain, the mythical place she and Pietro were born in the comics where High Evolutionary mutated them both that they return to many times as adults, and that what we saw was her astral form.  It seemed like they were trying to suggest she went away to learn magic from the book (it's implied but not confirmed to be the Darkhold) and had advanced quite a bit since we last saw her leaving Westview.

Then I realized when we see astral forms in Doctor Strange or when Ancient One pulled Hulk's astral form out in Endgame that their physical body goes limp yet in this scene we clearly see Wanda bumming around in sweats while also thumbing through the book, so I have no idea what was happening.  Maybe advanced sorcerers can actively do things in both the physical and astral planes?  (shrug)

Edited by fantastic_four

One other thing we can guess at from the end scene--we may get Wiccan and Speed as real kids in Multiverse of Madness.  I don't know the full story of how they became reincarnated as someone else's kids in the comics after originally being constructs made by Wanda, but that scene suggests she's found some link to their existence to be explored in a future MCU story.

Edited by fantastic_four

I bet a list of unresolved plot points would be well into the dozens, possibly over a hundred.  Will we ever learn who the carnivorous Senor Scratchy really was?  :wishluck:

No great cameo, but I don't care. Very few of my fan theories came true, but I don't care. I still thought this finale was really done. There’s obvious set-up for future installments of the MCU, and I wish those installments were coming closer, but whatever. I’m glad I got this in the form it was.