• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Angel of Death said:

I am disappointed, because the show needs to be a good story in and of itself. Most of the Infinity Saga was good, not because of the lead-in to Thanos, but because the movie in a vacuum (or its own trilogy) was compelling.

I couldn't care less if 3 years down the road they retcon the show by Mephisto dialoging he was taking jogs on the sidewalk in front of her house every day inside the hex supervising Agatha. WandaVision needed to be good by itself.

ok, we get it. you didn't think it was good. it seems most folks who watched to the end, and there were a lot of them, liked it. so you're in the minority. we're all entitled to our opinions. am i unhappy with some lose ends and plot gaps? yes. I just finished watching 7 seasons of SHIELD. did i like the series overall? yes. were there some parts i wasn't excited about? yes. did the last 3 seasons enter jump the shark territory? yes. did i watch them anyway even though i felt like some of the plot and dialogue for each season felt like it was written by a group of drunks over a long weekend? yes. was i thinking to myself "folks got paid to write this ? why am I working as a lawyer? i should have gone to hollywood."

I thought the writing on this show was excellent.  I'm ok with them keeping the story simple, with the focus being on the relationship between Vision/Wanda and of course motivation behind Wanda's actions.  This for me was a 9/10.

I'm more afraid that this set the bar too high for the other productions.  

4 minutes ago, piper said:

I thought the writing on this show was excellent.  I'm ok with them keeping the story simple, with the focus being on the relationship between Vision/Wanda and of course motivation behind Wanda's actions.  This for me was a 9/10.

I'm more afraid that this set the bar too high for the other productions.  

I am guessing the next one is going to be a bit more conventional action like a captain america movie.

I cannot fathom Loki not being good to terrific.

The Hawkeye family might be the weakest, but I think it will still be good.

Just now, the blob said:

I am guessing the next one is going to be a bit more conventional action like a captain america movie.

I cannot fathom Loki not being good to terrific.

Falcon/Winter Soldier is the one that I'm least excited about.  That said, I'm sure that I'll love it.

The whole time travel angle in Loki sounds intriguing.

24 minutes ago, the blob said:

I'm very much looking forward to this one. It's the first MCU Disney+ show which will center around a brand new character, Kate Bishop. And she'll be played by the very good H. Stanfield. Plus, archery just looks great on film. The new Black Widow is supposed to guest star in the show.

2 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I'm very much looking forward to this one. It's the first MCU Disney+ show which will center around a brand new character, Kate Bishop. And she'll be played by the very good H. Stanfield. Plus, archery just looks great on film. The new Black Widow is supposed to guest star in the show.

Kids/teen angst stuff usually bores me a bit.

3 minutes ago, the blob said:

Kids/teen angst stuff usually bores me a bit.

I'm just speculating, but with Jeremy Renner also starring, I don't think the show'll be about teen angst a la the MCU Spiderman films. That'll probably be more Ms. Marvel. In the comics, Kate Bishop starts life as a superhero in her early 20's.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I'm just speculating, but with Jeremy Renner also starring, I don't think the show'll be about teen angst a la the MCU Spiderman films. That'll probably be more Ms. Marvel. In the comics, Kate Bishop starts life as a superhero in her early 20's.

yeah, but unless we're jumping way ahead, she was blipped, so she's like 15 now. she should be 20.

1 minute ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Are you thinking of Hawkeye's daughter?

I had not read anything about this, I thought he was training his daughter? This is someone else? I'm not familiar with who the new lady hawkeye is in the comics. 

Just now, the blob said:

I had not read anything about this, I thought he was training his daughter? This is someone else? I'm not familiar with who the new lady hawkeye is in the comics. 

Kate Bishop isn't Hawkeye's daughter. She's just a new individual who rivals Clint Barton's skills with a bow.

4 minutes ago, the blob said:

The character is Kate Bishop she's been around as Hawkeye for the better part of 16 years. She's part of the Young Avengers with Wanda's children Tommy and Billy and if rumors for TFatWS are true another member of the team will show up there too. It seems to me all the current shows are building to Young Avengers 

Young Avengers was long ago as stated above, but are people aware that one of the Young Avengers is one of the Avengers greatest foes? Spoiler for 10+ year old comic

Spoiler

Iron Lad is young Kang the Conquerer

Will the series get a movie bump if they introduce Kang?

3 minutes ago, Bird said:

Young Avengers was long ago as stated above, but are people aware that one of the Young Avengers is one of the Avengers greatest foes? Spoiler for 10+ year old comic

Hide contents

Iron Lad is young Kang the Conquerer

Will the series get a movie bump if they introduce Kang?

Yea also Rama Tut and Immortus. Kang is an overly complicated character. He's already got the movie bump from being announced for Ant Man and the Wasp Quantumania

1 minute ago, AJLewandoski said:

Yea also Rama Tut and Immortus. Kang is an overly complicated character. He's already got the movie bump from being announced for Ant Man and the Wasp Quantumania

Is he confirmed in that? I knew it was rumored but didn't know it was confirmed. (Oh, yes I remember now. The actor has a great face for Kang I thought!) I guess I am wondering why YA has not been mentioned with regards to Iron Lad and that connection. 

I have my off the racks YA but haven't slabbed any. I guess it is unavoidable. It was a great series but Secret Warriors was better (when Ares' son realizes that his lineage means he is Phobos, good stuff)

2 minutes ago, Bird said:

Is he confirmed in that? I knew it was rumored but didn't know it was confirmed. (Oh, yes I remember now. The actor has a great face for Kang I thought!) I guess I am wondering why YA has not been mentioned with regards to Iron Lad and that connection. 

I have my off the racks YA but haven't slabbed any. I guess it is unavoidable. It was a great series but Secret Warriors was better (when Ares' son realizes that his lineage means he is Phobos, good stuff)

I’m guessing that Ironheart will replace Iron Lad in any MCU Young Avengers project. I imagine Ms Marvel would also be part of the team. 

7 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

I’m guessing that Ironheart will replace Iron Lad in any MCU Young Avengers project. I imagine Ms Marvel would also be part of the team. 

well, you got me there! Probably right on both accounts.

1 minute ago, Bird said:

Johnathan Majors was confirmed for Kang at Disney Investor Day. He was fantastic in Lovecraft Country. He was my #1 pick for Blue Marvel. I have a feeling we may see something to do with Iron Lad in Loki (pure totally unfounded speculation) since we're going to be dealing with Time Travel and the TVA. I would kill for the Greek Pantheon characters to debut (Herc and Ares at least) maybe something in Thor 4 since we have Gorr the GOD butcher? Already had Quake, YoYo and Hellfire in Agents of SHIELD so I don't think they retread Secret Warriors unfortunately.