• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

• If "The Hex" is gone, isn't Agatha free? - This *really* annoyed me. Like 5 minutes after Wanda says "you'll live in here forever," Hex Westview ceases to exist. Huh? WTF?

I thought this was a version of the mind ph*ck she did on various avengers in Age of Ultron, except she has perfected it and can make it last long term?

2 minutes ago, the blob said:

I think they miscast him, I agree, the show had so much potential, we'll see how he morphs, if at all, I am halfway through it. I like Satana though.

In the end I thought it was a good show. And different for a Marvel property.

A shame if the MCU doesn't figure out a fit. The same with Cloak & Dagger, The Gifted and Runaways.

9 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

In the end I thought it was a good show. And different for a Marvel property.

A shame if the MCU doesn't figure out a fit. The same with Cloak & Dagger, The Gifted and Runaways.

it's fine. i just have so much other stuff i'm in the middle of.

19 minutes ago, the blob said:
  • If "The Hex" is gone, isn't Agatha free? - This *really* annoyed me. Like 5 minutes after Wanda says "you'll live in here forever," Hex Westview ceases to exist. Huh? WTF?

I thought this was a version of the mind ph*ck she did on various avengers in Age of Ultron, except she has perfected it and can make it last long term?

you may be right. I thought it was dependent on the hex, but Agnes may just be the nosy neighbor now wherever she is.

46 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Knowing the origins of the Darkhold (heck, before all this I gave it a very casual bit of attention but nothing like now), I think the two are so intertwined.

The hurdle Disney would have with Mephisto is the appearance assumed to be the devil. And seeing how Hulu had to treat Helstrom in the TV show due to concerns with devil references, I think it will be sensitive about that appearance.

Then no Mephisto. Still lots of other sorcery type villains and big baddies to weave in.

5 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

So is this the set up for Dr Strange now? Wanda possessed by Cython vs Dr. Strange? 

BTW fantastic costume looks great on her.

the costume does look great, I love the leggings design. but strange could just as easily help wanda against the darkhold as oppose her. I guess it is most likely the ol' start as enemies and then team-up to face the big foe schtick..

37 minutes ago, the blob said:

Good point. Where even if Agatha is the Hex is gone? Mind you Wanda seems like she knows her power more now and just left Agatha in Westview as a nosy neighbour permanently under a spell . For potential future use of course in the MCUs future.

At the end, Agatha tells Wanda "You don't know what you've unleashed."

I suppose Agatha means that by fulfilling the Scarlet Witch prophecy, Wanda has opened the doorway to Chaos energy reformatting the universe (you thought Thanos was bad). It seems Wanda is more concerned though with fixing her hex and permanently bringing back Tommy and Billy whose souls are...somewhere.

I'm gonna say that the destruction and rebirth of the universe is something the big bad of Dr Strange 2 wants to see, and I'm gonna double down that it's Mephisto, or that Chthon guy, to hedge my bets. I know Chthon is the chaos energy being but polling says audiences prefer names that end with "o".

I wonder where White Vision took off to now that Westview Vision has freed his mind? It seems he has regained his conscious self but without the memories. Perhaps he knows what he is and has gone into hiding to stay out of reach of those who would exploit him. And maybe while in hiding, he studies life in nature or some other Zen-like hermit activity.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

everyone is excited for the kids, yes Young Avengers is coming. But why do we assume that the Darkhold isn't lying to her with the voices to unleash chaos, it would be the best way to create havok. (small H). We all got so far ahead of ourselves and were all wrong most of the time and yet we have the whole plot figured out for strange 2? Yeah, I am sure we do. hm But if the devil is going to tempt you and you are reading from the book of evil or however it is characterized, probably best not to take things as face value and start traversing the multiverse.

11 hours ago, @therealsilvermane said:

At the end, Agatha tells Wanda "You don't know what you've unleashed."

I suppose Agatha means that by fulfilling the Scarlet Witch prophecy, Wanda I'm gonna double down that it's Mephisto, or that Chthon guy, to hedge my bets. I know Chthon is the chaos energy being but polling says audiences prefer names that end with "o".

:roflmao:

"...Within my small circle I confirmed this!"

tenor.gif.93428528736afeb21da9b7aa895763ef.gif

Edited by Bosco685

41 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

My small circle could care less about WandaVision. That's why I'm here. Sad, I know. That they don't care about WandaVision, I mean.

oneofus.gif.11b9381e62dd61486d4d684ad3b46915.gif

One of us, yes!  I thought the finale was B+ level...the previous episode was excellent, though.  Lots of little loose ends, one major kick to the nads (Pietro), and a bittersweet ending for Wanda and Vision, as it should be.  I do think Agatha will be back in DS 2, and the idea of mutants are getting started here.  Overall, I'd give the series an A-.

Oh, and I really liked the Vision-to-Vision conversation about the Ship of Theseus.  That was the highlight for me.

D

I think people should stop referring to that thing as The Vision, it was Wanda's memory of him brought to life by the mind stone, right? It wasn't The Vision. I am not sure the analogy of the ships planks to Wanda's memories of the Vision works...it wasn't Vision's memories (that would be the planks), it was another's person's memory of him and that is far far different. Unless the mind stone as a source of the "memories" is equal to The Vision's memories of himself? 

This thread is (possibly) more thought given to these things than appears to have been given by the writers.