• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

The last episode felt a lot like a Buffy season finale episode. Meaning, there was a buildup to a big battle with the Big Bad, which didn't quite live up to expectations.

It felt like they we're trying too hard to tie off all the loose ends. I didn't necessarily need a big budget cameo, but a couple of fresh twists and surprises would have helped.

Also it was weird that they abandoned the TV parodies. I get that it's been emotionally resolved for Wanda, but I think it would have tied the season together better to have some kind of callback, or new parody, in the last episode. Even a new animated closing credits could have done the trick.

Interesting interview with Emma Caulfield on this podcast. She mentions that there was a long pause in shooting due to covid. I wonder if they got feedback from Disney that they had to steer the show in a more traditional direction, and they decided to recalibrate the show a bit during the break.
https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9mZWVkcy5tZWdhcGhvbmUuZm0vUFBZMzg4OTEzMzQyNg&ep=14&episode=OWY1YjZmOTgtNmIxZC0xMWViLTljYjQtYWY0ODhiNTVjZWZm

2 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Never to take away from the show, but come on now. It was obvious from the basement scene dialogue where that was going as a resolution. There was nothing clever about that due to it being tossed in our face.

It was great seeing her become the Scarlet Witch - though the closure was a temporary event as she had to say farewell to Vision in the end which was emotional

Someone pointed this out as even more emotional as they reminded readers Billy can read minds so he knew when they were being put to bed what was coming from his mother.

Just because someone can do something doesn't mean they will (or did) do something.  So I need more convincing on this one to think that Billy knew what was happening.

4 minutes ago, apollobuzz said:

Just because someone can do something doesn't mean they will (or did) do something.  So I need more convincing on this one to think that Billy knew what was happening.

You mean other than his powers developing throughout the show? :baiting:

Here's a question for the disappointed conspiracy theorists.  Why are you guys giving up so easily?  Perhaps Wandavision was only laying the initial groundwork for more to come.  Sort of like the Infinity Stones and Thanos.  Why the expectation that every storyline needed to be tied up into a perfect bow and culminate at a single finish line?

1 hour ago, Westy Steve said:

Here's a question for the disappointed conspiracy theorists.  Why are you guys giving up so easily?  Perhaps Wandavision was only laying the initial groundwork for more to come.  Sort of like the Infinity Stones and Thanos.  Why the expectation that every storyline needed to be tied up into a perfect bow and culminate at a single finish line?

We hadn't, there's just nothing else for over a year before Multiverse of Madness tied everything up.

But that was until I heard Kevin Smith's interview with the director.  He spoke rather definitively about the idea that Agatha was the only hidden element and that Wanda was responsible for everything we saw in Westview.  It was never the mystery show the hints suggested at.

If this leads into Dr Strange 2 - is that why America Chavez is being introduced in that film?

She has  to quote Wiki - "interdimensional travel" as an ability, and - is a close friend of Loki.  Will this spread across into Thor #3?

2 minutes ago, media_junkie said:

I thought posting on the boards was your "work".

That's my moderator account, not to be confused with my CGC grading account. I never mix the three up.

(:

Just now, Bosco685 said:

Huh? I'm cynical about WandaVision??

well, you posted that vision roll your eyes pic at a real and true headline

you don't believe in the magic anymore?

12 minutes ago, Bird said:

well, you posted that vision roll your eyes pic at a real and true headline

you don't believe in the magic anymore?

Oh, I see. This is that impersonal messaging thing where posts get misinterpreted and then someone adds on to what you were conveying. These things happen.

I posted the image because naturally this is Disney getting over-sensitive to characters and stories that some may react negatively to. You read into the post and went from there.

illallowit.gif.a7d0c1c3f4ae77241c6b8d903e9a5c9e.gif

:baiting:

Edited by Bosco685