• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's SHAZAM 2 starring Zackary Levi (4/1/22)
1 1

696 posts in this topic

On 3/10/2022 at 5:50 AM, Bosco685 said:

Calling his own movie out for not addressing all CGI gaps - talk about honest self-reflection while keeping it positive.

:applause:

I have tremendous respect for this director and Shazam! is one of my favorite comic book movies.

On 3/10/2022 at 10:17 AM, D84 said:

I have tremendous respect for this director and Shazam! is one of my favorite comic book movies.

Agree with the former; A lot of respect for Mr. Sandberg. While I like the first Shazam, the 3rd Act was just really bad IMO. I hope that part of the focus for the sequel was tightening it up and giving the audience a true sense of danger. The Sins were set up so well only to be so easily defeated by a bunch of kids in a packed circus.

On 3/10/2022 at 11:14 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Agree with the former; A lot of respect for Mr. Sandberg. While I like the first Shazam, the 3rd Act was just really bad IMO. I hope that part of the focus for the sequel was tightening it up and giving the audience a true sense of danger. The Sins were set up so well only to be so easily defeated by a bunch of kids in a packed circus.

I have to disagree.

It's kids becoming superheroes in an extreme situation. So the third act was their banding together and becoming the Shazam Family while taking on Sivana and the Seven Deadly Sins. So much of the story and lore.

Should have been released as a Christmas movie too.

On 3/14/2022 at 4:07 AM, Bosco685 said:

I have to disagree.

It's kids becoming superheroes in an extreme situation. So the third act was their banding together and becoming the Shazam Family while taking on Sivana and the Seven Deadly Sins. So much of the story and lore.

Should have been released as a Christmas movie too.

Normally, I'm not bored during 3rd Acts. I was during Shazam's.

On 3/14/2022 at 7:22 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Normally, I'm not bored during 3rd Acts. I was during Shazam's.

It definitely was not your typical big superhero finale. So it didn't work for those expecting this.

It was more down-to-Earth fighting but with superpowers and magic. Not that I would ever proclaim it as the greatest action event ever.

On 3/14/2022 at 8:20 AM, Bosco685 said:

It definitely was not your typical big superhero finale. So it didn't work for those expecting this.

It was more down-to-Earth fighting but with superpowers and magic. Not that I would ever proclaim it as the greatest action event ever.

I would argue that 6 superheroes vs 7 Sins is a "big superhero finale". It was just boring.

On 3/14/2022 at 8:26 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I would argue that 6 superheroes vs 7 Sins is a "big superhero finale". It was just boring.

But remember. These are kids that just came into their powers. Like a soldier being thrown into battle as soon as they donned their uniform at Basic Training before even going through Basic Training.

I think that part gets lost on us sometimes in that Sandberg wanted some reality to the situation. Supposedly the next film has them growing more into their roles as superheroes.

On 3/14/2022 at 8:29 AM, Bosco685 said:

But remember. These are kids that just came into their powers. Like a soldier being thrown into battle as soon as they donned their uniform at Basic Training before even going through Basic Training.

I think that part gets lost on us sometimes in that Sandberg wanted some reality to the situation. Supposedly the next film has them growing more into their roles as superheroes.

Which is why I thought that their ability to overcome the sins so easily was very boring.

On 3/14/2022 at 8:36 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Which is why I thought that their ability to overcome the sins so easily was very boring.

Bummer.

I thought it was interesting as during the fight they are realizing each unique power and then applying it. Whether it was speed, levitation or strength. Trial by combat without any warm-up to prepare.