• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

On 7/1/2021 at 7:41 AM, fantastic_four said:

Hypotheses about how a Loki variant could be a caiman/alligator/crocodile are appreciated as well.  :insane:

As others have mentioned it most certainly ties into the Simonson story when Thor is turned into a Frog. Although rats were the main villain in the storyline Thor does have to avoid getting eaten by some NYC sewer alligators in the story...which in the end help defeat the rats with the aid of a Morlock who can control the gators by playing a flute.

On 7/1/2021 at 7:41 AM, fantastic_four said:

Hypotheses about how a Loki variant could be a caiman/alligator/crocodile are appreciated as well.

Either Loki turned himself into an alligator (it IS an alligator in the shot, not a crocodile) one day as a trick but then became stuck in the form or Odin All-Father adopted an alligator-like being and called it Loki.

On 7/3/2021 at 12:32 AM, alexgross.com said:

ep 4 was fantastic! i found ep 3 disappointing and slow, a la snowpiercer. but wow, it set up a great next one, perhaps better than any wandavision episode. 

the ending is full of shocking surprises--

You're not yourself when you're hungry.  Grab a Snowpiercer Snickers, it's Blattodea-licious!

Episode 4 was much better, quite glad the 'Time Keepers' turned out the way they did, gives us more to look forward to in upcoming reveals.

I'm still not convinced they will have a character like Kang actually show up though. In the same way there was no chance that WandaVision was going to introduce Reed Richards (remember the speculation about the special engineer....).

The MCU shows so far have been ok but lack the grandeur of an event level film where the real A lister characters make their debut.

On 6/30/2021 at 11:02 AM, Buzzetta said:

I am not going to speak for him since by his DC sucks attitude (they don't) your response makes sense.   I have to admit, I have not seen any of these.  But before you think it's a Marvel DC thing (I think you know me better than that...)  I have not watched Agents of Shield, Runaways, Cloak and Dagger, or Inhumans.  I didn't see the need to watch New Mutants because it was erased from the the Fox X-Men Universe as well as the Marvel Universe before it was even released.

My TV time is very precious and limited. 

I might sit down and start watching either Arrow or Flash but then I feel like I am going to get sucked into watching them all and spending 100's of hours watching tv and I think that is sometimes the elephant in the room for a few people.  If I start something then all of a sudden I have to schedule a hundred hours of my life to actually enjoy it and for some, or at least myself, I don't want to invest myself into that where there are other things to do. 

With that said, I did just watch all episodes of Penguin Town on Netflix and I stand by my desire to want to own a penguin. 

you should watch Doom Patrol.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Dillion's Cuckoos are going to be pissed

I sat down to watch / revisit Birds of Prey.

I feel bad for Margot Robbie... she deserves to play Harley Quinn in better movies. I like her Harley Quinn in both Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey... I just didn't like Suicide Squad and especially Birds of Prey as movies that I presume were made by adults. Now I don't blame the director as I read up that the studio completely interfered with his vision for Suicide Squad... but... Birds of Prey should have been sooo much better. 

I am hoping James Gunn's movie is as good as the hype is making it out to be. 

2 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I feel bad for Margot Robbie... she deserves to play Harley Quinn in better movies. I like her Harley Quinn in both Suicide Squad and Birds of Prey... I just didn't like Suicide Squad and especially Birds of Prey as movies that I presume were made by adults. Now I don't blame the director as I read up that the studio completely interfered with his vision for Suicide Squad... but... Birds of Prey should have been sooo much better. 

Birds of Prey should also had at least a passing resemblance to the comics and not be a Harley Quinn movie.

10 minutes ago, D84 said:

Birds of Prey should also had at least a passing resemblance to the comics and not be a Harley Quinn movie.

It was another example of a movie that didn't really seem to know what it wanted to be. 

On one hand I get that the narrative goes back and forth in a way to reflect Harley's viewpoint of a having a screw loose.    When I did some reading after I watched it I saw that someone claims that the police station scene is Harley's detached from reality point of view in that she is splattering the cops with paint and confetti when in reality there are actual bullets flying and she is killing them.  However that would not make sense for other parts of the movie.  

Joker did that with greater success by maintaining that, "Is it real or isn't it real?" narrative.

As far as naming it birds of prey, I get why they did that as Black Mask called everyone his "little birds" and now the hunted had become the hunters.  I agree with you that it could have just been called Harley Quinn or something like that as Birds of Prey should probably be designated for a Barbara Gordon Batgirl / Oracle movie. 

I really am rooting for "The Suicide Squad" though for two reasons.  The characters are a lot of fun to play with in this manner and James Gunn looks like he created a fun movie.  I am also rooting for it because of James Gunn. I do NOT want to see a Guardians of the Galaxy rehash just to show everyone that Gunn is not a one trick pony with this genre. 

Edited by Buzzetta

6 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I give it to WB for taking a risk with Birds of Prey.

But talk about a missed opportunity to let this really connect with the audience this was intended for: 13-17 yo girls. Which by making this an R-rated film cut them out. While the story so focused on reaching them, it alienated a portion of the core comic book audience: 25-45 yo men.

And to prove what a success Harley Quinn can be when told successfully, look at the HBO Max streaming show heading into its third season. Harley, Poison Ivy, Batman, Commissioner Gordon, Joker, Kite Man and more play fantastically off one another. Along with King Shark, Clayface and Doctor Psycho.

Suicide Squad turned out to be a large success, even with the extensive studio tampering leading to 6 different cuts of the film prior to its release. David Ayer was screwed in the end on what could have been his next success story contribution. 

Edited by Bosco685

4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

But talk about a missed opportunity to let this really connect with the audience this was intended for: 13-17 yo girls. Which by making this an R-rated film cut them out. While the story so focused on reaching them, it alienated a portion of the core comic book audience: 25-45 yo men.

And to prove what a success Harley Quinn can be when told successfully, look at the HBO Max streaming show heading into its third season. Harley, Poison Ivy, Batman, Commissioner Gordon, Joker, Kite Man and more play fantastically off one another. Along with King Shark, Clayface and Doctor Psycho.

Suicide Squad turned out to be a large success, even with the extensive studio tampering leading to 6 different cuts of the film prior to its release. David Ayer was screwed in the end on what could have been his next success story contribution. 

Agreed! And congrats on your next HUGE post! (thumbsu

14 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I mostly agree with this. 

I have watched the Harley Quinn Poison Ivy show.  That has been an incredible bit of fun.   

In Birds of Prey however, after some time to think, there are inherent character selections that I took issue with.  Cassandra Cain is wasted in this film.  It could have been and should have been anyone else.   

Cassandra Cain could have been altered to be a Miles Morales type of Spider-man.  Miles has made a generation of kids believe again that ANYONE could be under the Spider-man mask in the way that Lee and Ditko / Romita were able to reach the comic readers of the 60's.  Cassandra Cain could have had parts of her background altered to make it more "movie friendly" and should have been introduced in another movie be it live action or animated.     Instead, the character was reduced to a second rate Jason Todd type thief.  It's a character that could be huge if given the right opportunity and I do not believe that Birds of Prey was that opportunity.