• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

Just finished Episode 4. A really good set of twists and turns. And nice to see a certain legacy Thor character return. And the credits scene was quite the tease.

But where was this amazing episode where poor DC can't achieve this??

Edited by Bosco685

Just now, fett said:

Retire your constant condescending tones. It's tiresome. You are allowed not to agree with me. Or just stick it. :) 

You mean an idiotic blind competition that ignores other show achievements?

Yes. That is a tiresome mindset. Expand your mind more. And your awareness.

Now more importantly...

To me I think this show could end up as the strongest of the three. Though not as chatted up as WandaVision. That first show being the first MCU production in over a year benefitted massively from extended anticipation for sure. And beloved characters.

This show at least has a mystery story to keep viewers engaged based on its own design.

Edited by Bosco685

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

What?!

HBO's Watchmen Season 1

The Flash Season 1

Arrow Season 1-2

Smallville Seasons 6-9

Doom Patrol Season 1

Krypton Seasons 1-2

All strongly told stories. Get over the blind bias.

I am not going to speak for him since by his DC sucks attitude (they don't) your response makes sense.   I have to admit, I have not seen any of these.  But before you think it's a Marvel DC thing (I think you know me better than that...)  I have not watched Agents of Shield, Runaways, Cloak and Dagger, or Inhumans.  I didn't see the need to watch New Mutants because it was erased from the the Fox X-Men Universe as well as the Marvel Universe before it was even released.

My TV time is very precious and limited. 

I might sit down and start watching either Arrow or Flash but then I feel like I am going to get sucked into watching them all and spending 100's of hours watching tv and I think that is sometimes the elephant in the room for a few people.  If I start something then all of a sudden I have to schedule a hundred hours of my life to actually enjoy it and for some, or at least myself, I don't want to invest myself into that where there are other things to do. 

With that said, I did just watch all episodes of Penguin Town on Netflix and I stand by my desire to want to own a penguin. 

21 hours ago, TupennyConan said:

I wish to rewatch E3. I saw it on a laptop with poor audio. Even with subtitles, poor audio isn't wonderful for a chap with a hearing disability. I also wish to rewatch it for the colors. I liked the purple & pistachio of the doomed world.  

@BlowUpTheMoon  :hi:

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I am not going to speak for him since by his DC sucks attitude (they don't) your response makes sense.   I have to admit, I have not seen any of these.  But before you think it's a Marvel DC thing (I think you know me better than that...)  I have not watched Agents of Shield, Runaways, Cloak and Dagger, or Inhumans.  I didn't see the need to watch New Mutants because it was erased from the the Fox X-Men Universe as well as the Marvel Universe before it was even released.

I might sit down and start watching either Arrow or Flash but then I feel like I am going to get sucked into watching them all and spending 100's of hours watching tv and I think that is sometimes the elephant in the room for a few people.  If I start something then all of a sudden I have to schedule a hundred hours of my life to actually enjoy it and for some, or at least myself, I don't want to invest myself into that where there are other things to do. 

With that said, I did just watch all episodes of Penguin Town on Netflix and I stand by my desire to want to own a penguin. 

Some shows for your consideration that as a comic book fan I have enjoyed (you may or may not):

Marvel:

• Cloak & Dagger: Two seasons of fun that I hope continues on. And the characters carry over to the Runaways that I never watched but many seemed fanatical over the show.
  • The Gifted: Unfortunately this only lasted two seasons and became a victim of the TV and movie consolidation. Better than a CW Marvel show, in that they honored much of the X-Franchise loners backing each other up.
  • Legion: Three seasons of mind-bending adventures that although later episodes were just twists and turns for twists and turns sake, a fantastic way to portray a super powered being experiencing mental instability.

DC:

• Pennyworth: Epix show that is actually a wildly fun time with some crazy characters that they crafted from scratch. Now on its second season, going into its third.
  • Krypton: Unfortunately SYFY bailed on this show after two seasons, yet it finally was becoming very interesting with characters like General Zod, Doomsday and even Lobo. I hope one day HBO Max realizes it has an easy candidate to keep going to fill the airwaves smartly.
  • Lucifer: You want to talk about a Neil Gaiman-influenced show that exploded due to a wild time, you have it right here.
  • Doom Patrol: Exceeded any expectations I ever had for a team that I cared so little about previously until I saw the show.
  • Young Justice: One of the best animated comic book shows you will experience. And you want to experienced fantastic storytelling - come here! Three seasons going into its fourth on HBO Max.

46 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Some shows for your consideration that as a comic book fan I have enjoyed (you may or may not):

Marvel:

• Cloak & Dagger: Two seasons of fun that I hope continues on. And the characters carry over to the Runaways that I never watched but many seemed fanatical over the show.
  • The Gifted: Unfortunately this only lasted two seasons and became a victim of the TV and movie consolidation. Better than a CW Marvel show, in that they honored much of the X-Franchise loners backing each other up.
  • Legion: Three seasons of mind-bending adventures that although later episodes were just twists and turns for twists and turns sake, a fantastic way to portray a super powered being experiencing mental instability.

DC:

• Pennyworth: Epix show that is actually a wildly fun time with some crazy characters that they crafted from scratch. Now on its second season, going into its third.
  • Krypton: Unfortunately SYFY bailed on this show after two seasons, yet it finally was becoming very interesting with characters like General Zod, Doomsday and even Lobo. I hope one day HBO Max realizes it has an easy candidate to keep going to fill the airwaves smartly.
  • Lucifer: You want to talk about a Neil Gaiman-influenced show that exploded due to a wild time, you have it right here.
  • Doom Patrol: Exceeded any expectations I ever had for a team that I cared so little about previously until I saw the show.
  • Young Justice: One of the best animated comic book shows you will experience. And you want to experienced fantastic storytelling - come here! Three seasons going into its fourth on HBO Max.

I have seen all of these shows and agree with your assessment of each. They are all worth the watch.

I really liked the cinematography of Legion. It was very visually appealing. 

It is unfortunate that most of these were cut short, but still very enjoyable.  

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I have seen all of these shows and agree with your assessment of each. They are all worth the watch.

I really liked the cinematography of Legion. It was very visually appealing. 

It is unfortunate that most of these were cut short, but still very enjoyable.  

The Gifted gave us a fantastic scene with the comic book characters the Stepford Cuckoos (the Frost sisters) that was as nutty-entertaining as their name.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Marvel:

DC:

As good as something might be I don’t want to start something that was cancelled or ended without a proper or planned send off. That will drive me nuts.  I was introduced to manifest and got halfway through season two when I was just informed it was cancelled.  Quite annoying. 

was Lucifer cancelled or properly concluded or still in production?  I might give that a try but I was told that it is connected to Constantine and by proxy the arrow verse… truth? 

im at the beach and just woke up. 

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

As good as something might be I don’t want to start something that was cancelled or ended without a proper or planned send off. That will drive me nuts.  I was introduced to manifest and got halfway through season two when I was just informed it was cancelled.  Quite annoying. 

was Lucifer cancelled or properly concluded or still in production?  I might give that a try but I was told that it is connected to Constantine and by proxy the arrow verse… truth? 

im at the beach and just woke up. 

dreams.gif.3f92d6b2ec4be631c22d6edb103966ed.gif

Lucifer is still going, and topping the Netflix viewing charts.

Netflix’s ‘Lucifer,’ ‘Army of the Dead’ Lead Nielsen’s Top Streaming Charts

Young Justice Season 4 is due out later in the year.

5 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

I've seen most of them and I'd suggest Superman and Lois. First season, but so far it's been great.

I enjoy Lucifer, but it's mostly because of Tom Ellis...and his singing doesn't hurt, lol.