• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

I finally got around to finishing Loki Season 2 this weekend and I really wish I had the time back.  It was a confusing cluster of a plot and the ending was just horrible?  So Loki the god of mischief is now the god of time itself and he sacrificed himself to prevent a complete meltdown of time - sounds like the Loki I know.  I thought I hated She-Hulk (which I've still not finished) but Loki 2 was just torture to keep watching but I did it!

On 12/18/2023 at 3:35 PM, 1Cool said:

I finally got around to finishing Loki Season 2 this weekend and I really wish I had the time back.  It was a confusing cluster of a plot and the ending was just horrible?  So Loki the god of mischief is now the god of time itself and he sacrificed himself to prevent a complete meltdown of time - sounds like the Loki I know.  I thought I hated She-Hulk (which I've still not finished) but Loki 2 was just torture to keep watching but I did it!

I made it through half of episode 4 and just...stopped.

I was so pumped after Endgame and briefly was jumpstarted with Spider-Man NWH, but otherwise Marvel has beaten all the childlike excitement for their "product" out of me. I'm so apathetic these days and that's a shame because when Disney acquired the FF I was really really looking forward to that movie. Now? They'll screw it up royally.

I've been beaten into apathy. Thanks, Disney.

On 12/18/2023 at 4:09 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

I made it through half of episode 4 and just...stopped.

I was so pumped after Endgame and briefly was jumpstarted with Spider-Man NWH, but otherwise Marvel has beaten all the childlike excitement for their "product" out of me. I'm so apathetic these days and that's a shame because when Disney acquired the FF I was really really looking forward to that movie. Now? They'll screw it up royally.

I've been beaten into apathy. Thanks, Disney.

I went to a family birthday party yesterday and my 22 year old nephew was lamenting the collapse of Marvel stuff and I had to unfortunately agree with him :(  All the spark that they had bottled up in each of the first few stages has completely turned rotten and it feels like more and more of a cash grab.  I liked the recent Guardians but I can't think of anything I'd recommend (other than the short Werewolf special) after Endgame.  I've still got Secret Invasion to finish when I'm really bored (I think I'm on ep 3).  I may try out the new What If but I wasn't blown away by most of the 1st season so it will be far down the list.  

I renewed Disney+ just before Thanksgiving so I could see WBN in color [liked it!]. I kept it for LOKI 2. I watched S2E1-2, 6. Skipping 3-5 didn't appear to make any difference. It was probably the right move.

I watched about half of Quantumania on a flight - no audio, subtitles only. That's my only experience with Majors' acting outside of LOKI. I didn't care for Majors' KANG at the end of S1. I thought he was a generic mustache-twirling villain. Didn't he jump up on his desk at one point? Majors' acting in S2E6 was good, though. Maybe some good will come of all this? His termination might terminate more than just KANG, it could end the current multiverse bs. 

As for S2, it was a murky, muddled, whispery, stupid mess that shouldn't exist. Disney has been particularly unkind to the Asgardians.  

On 12/19/2023 at 7:14 AM, TupennyConan said:

I renewed Disney+ just before Thanksgiving

Spoiler

so I could see WBN in color [liked it!]. I kept it for LOKI 2. I watched S2E1-2, 6. Skipping 3-5 didn't appear to make any difference. It was probably the right move.

I watched about half of Quantumania on a flight - no audio, subtitles only. That's my only experience with Majors' acting outside of LOKI. I didn't care for Majors' KANG at the end of S1. I thought he was a generic mustache-twirling villain. Didn't he jump up on his desk at one point? Majors' acting in S2E6 was good, though. Maybe some good will come of all this? His termination might terminate more than just KANG, it could end the current multiverse bs. 

As for S2, it was a murky, muddled, whispery, stupid mess that shouldn't exist. Disney has been particularly unkind to the Asgardians.  

mickey_thankyou.gif.68bfc0d7f4e94d69a1799e8526f22580.gif

No good was ever going to come from the TVA and variants. It’s messy in the comics and putting it on film wasn’t going to end well.

Loki was one of my favorite characters of the MCU. I had been looking forward to season 1 of his show but it just didn’t hold my interest at all.

My wife and I both found Majors extremely obnoxious as Kang. I had originally believed Kang would be recast for the big screen given his speech about all his own variants and obviously Loki had many variants that looked completely different…well Disney rode the wrong horse.

The only reason my wife wants to watch Loki season 2 is for Ke Huy Quan, but there has been no rush to actually watch it. She knows I’m pretty much over the MCU. The same boring formula for every character has grown boring and stale for me. I’m not entirely sure why we decided to watch the Eternals but it was horrific. Why Disney decided to spend so much on a property that no comic collectors I have ever known gave two 💩 about is beyond me.

On 12/20/2023 at 1:07 AM, Mephisto said:

Why Disney decided to spend so much on a property that no comic collectors I have ever known gave two 💩 about is beyond me.

No one at Disney reads the comics.

They turn up to SanDiego each year as complete outsiders, pretending to be one with the fans.

On 12/19/2023 at 2:58 PM, Microchip said:

No one at Disney reads the comics.

They turn up to SanDiego each year as complete outsiders, pretending to be one with the fans.

Ironically, I knew the comic book store owner that many if not MOST of the actors used to by their comics from to study their roles and he would have extensive conversations with them about their character's roles. 

That store is gone and around the same time the quality of Marvel movies dropped. Not sure if that old store owner influenced the movies, but it sure is a coincidence. 

On 12/19/2023 at 9:07 AM, Mephisto said:

No good was ever going to come from the TVA and variants. It’s messy in the comics and putting it on film wasn’t going to end well.

Loki was one of my favorite characters of the MCU. I had been looking forward to season 1 of his show but it just didn’t hold my interest at all.

My wife and I both found Majors extremely obnoxious as Kang. I had originally believed Kang would be recast for the big screen given his speech about all his own variants and obviously Loki had many variants that looked completely different…well Disney rode the wrong horse.

The only reason my wife wants to watch Loki season 2 is for Ke Huy Quan, but there has been no rush to actually watch it. She knows I’m pretty much over the MCU. The same boring formula for every character has grown boring and stale for me. I’m not entirely sure why we decided to watch the Eternals but it was horrific. Why Disney decided to spend so much on a property that no comic collectors I have ever known gave two 💩 about is beyond me.

They hit it out of the park with Guardians of the Galaxy (heck most of us thought they were kind of lame before the show came out) and Black Panther so I think they decide to keep swinging for the fences with more and more obscure characters.  Shang-Chi was decent so their track record hasn't been that bad but it's definitely getting worse and worse. 

Edited by 1Cool

On 12/19/2023 at 4:25 PM, VintageComics said:

Ironically, I knew the comic book store owner that many if not MOST of the actors used to by their comics from to study their roles and he would have extensive conversations with them about their character's roles. 

That store is gone and around the same time the quality of Marvel movies dropped. Not sure if that old store owner influenced the movies, but it sure is a coincidence. 

Didn't Big Bang Theory have some sort of relationship with Bedrock Comics?   

On 12/20/2023 at 6:01 AM, TupennyConan said:

Didn't Big Bang Theory have some sort of relationship with Bedrock Comics?   

No idea, but that's not the store I was talking about.