• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2021 at 9:50 PM, Microchip said:
On 6/17/2021 at 10:37 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

In order for that to happen, Steve would still have to live a single life in isolation (of other selves). According to what we've seen, the TVA cannot destroy a branch reality that has existed for more than a particular amount of time. For sure, decades exceed their purview.

I think that the MCU would be shooting themselves in the foot if they were to say that the events of Earth-199999 are not the "sacred timeline".

Wouldn't Earth 616 would be the sacred timeline?   The TVA and it's allies are all over the multiverse!! :o

I don't believe the MCU has established any name for its main universe like the comics has with Earth-616, but if we just use that same name for the main MCU continuity until Feige gives us another one then yes, I assume you're right.

What I would like the most is for the TVA to reverse almost everything that happened in Endgame.  That entire movie is a HUGE violation of the sacred timeline.  :eek:

Edited by fantastic_four

8 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I don't believe the MCU has established any name for its main universe like the comics has with Earth-616, but if we just use that same name for the main MCU continuity until Feige gives us another one then yes, I assume you're right.

What I would like the most is for the TVA to reverse almost everything that happened in Endgame.  That entire movie is a HUGE violation of the sacred timeline.  :eek:

They do seem to be putting some proper thought into this, but personally I don't know enough about the events in endgame and the current avengers/Thor/Hulk story lines to comment.   But needless to say, the studio is thinking at least three movies ahead at a time.

Before her love for Loki, it was a childhood love for X-Men: The Animated Series that introduced Loki director Kate Herron to the Marvel universe. The latest original series from Marvel Studios, about the consequences of a "Variant" Loki's (Tom Hiddleston) meddling with the Sacred Timeline that is the Marvel Cinematic Universe, is the Five by Five and Sex Education director's biggest project yet — and Herron's first time playing in the sandbox from producer and Marvel chief creative officer Kevin Feige. In a new interview, Herron explains how her X-Men fandom put her on a path toward the Disney+ series Loki:

"Basically, my first introduction to Marvel was I used to love the X-Men cartoon growing up. I was a little obsessed with it," Herron told Trey Mangum of the animated series that aired five seasons between 1992 and 1997. "I remember trying to turn one of my dolls into Storm and melted her hair off, but I'd always play X-Men with my toys. I think I loved it because they were outsiders and I connected with that, and I just was really drawn in by that story."

I'm enjoying this show and a big fan of both the leads. Based on the fact this is a series about mischief and illusion there are bound to be lots of twists and turns about characters so let it be a warning for all those speculation ebay chasers out there! :devil:

On 6/17/2021 at 9:50 PM, Microchip said:

Wouldn't Earth 616 would be the sacred timeline?   The TVA and it's allies are all over the multiverse!! :o

IIRC, Earth-616 is the main timeline in the comics. Earth-199999 is the timeline we have witnessed since 2008 in the MCU.

I want to point out two key things that happened at the end of episode number two.

***potential spoiler below***

When Loki was being thrown around, he made a comment that “I would never do this to me”.   I believe there is more meaning in that statement than face value.

Secondly he was later told, “it’s not about you”. There may also be a secondary meaning in that statement as well.

Everybody is focusing on the appearance of the interloper, but nobody seems to be discussing the dialogue.

On 6/21/2021 at 5:51 PM, Westy Steve said:

I want to point out two key things that happened at the end of episode number two.

***potential spoiler below***

When Loki was being thrown around, he made a comment that “I would never do this to me”.   I believe there is more meaning in that statement than face value.

Secondly he was later told, “it’s not about you”. There may also be a secondary meaning in that statement as well.

Everybody is focusing on the appearance of the interloper, but nobody seems to be discussing the dialogue.

Go ahead, what do you think it means?

On 6/17/2021 at 9:23 AM, Bosco685 said:

That's why I am thinking the TVA may not be so all-knowing. It is assuming this is another variant of Loki when she may be another character pretending to be Lady Loki.

Now that would be a twist.

:whistle:

Speaking to THR, Tara Strong assured audiences that Miss Minutes will return to screens again before Loki's end. Strong had to remain vague because of Marvel's notorious secrecy surrounding their projects, but the voice actress did promise that "much more" will be revealed about the time-telling mascot. She went on to tease various questions that viewers have had about Miss Minutes, including whether or not she's sentient and how much investment she has in the goings-on at the TVA.

"I can cryptically tease that you’ll see her again. There’s much more to be revealed, and it’s fun to watch that unfold. The beautiful thing about this character is you don’t really know who she is, where she’s from, what her origin story is, how sentient she is, if she has a horse in this race at all, and what her intentions are, if any. Like any good, exciting adventure, TV or film, you are left wondering that all the time. So she’s an intriguing character, and that will continue."