• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR 4: LOVE AND THUNDER directed by Taika Waititi (11/5/21)
9 9

960 posts in this topic

On 7/20/2022 at 5:16 PM, Bosco685 said:

There was so much more wrong with Doctor Strange 2 other than Wanda's motherly desires it is sad. And I wanted to love that movie because of my fan appreciation with Doctor Strange and Scarlet Witch.

And the more that has come out, it sounds like Marvel Studios changed its mind mid-stream how to package up the movie. Leading to the extensive reshoots and trading entire scenes. Raimi being seasoned must have kept him cool throughout the experience.

If studios (especially Marvel) didn’t learn that this should never be done after the Star Wars sequels, I’m afraid it will never stop. 

The most cringe inducing dialogue award goes to Jane Foster while fighting Gorr near the end of the film: "My name is not Lady Thor, it's Mighty Thor, and if you can't say Mighty Thor it's doctor Jane Foster. And finally, eat my hammer!" 

This is an absolutely spot on review of this garbage movie:

Edited by Artboy99

On 7/24/2022 at 12:46 PM, paperheart said:
Overseas, #ThorLoveAndThunderDisney_Thor2_ThorLoveAndThunder_2022.png crossed the 300M mark after grossing 31.8M on 3rd weekend over 47 markets, -47.1% drop from last weekend, for a 322M international cume. Allied to 276.5M in the US, new #ThorDisney_Thor2_Thor_2022.png hits a 598.2M Global cume at #BoxOffice. Eyeing a 710M-720M Global run

Stupidest NBA Flops Of All Time - YouTube

So, less than The Batman...

On 7/23/2022 at 12:27 PM, Artboy99 said:

"My name is not Lady Thor, it's Mighty Thor, and if you can't say Mighty Thor it's doctor Jane Foster. And finally, eat my hammer!"

You know those people who go around social media and make-up stories? "This guy at the store was being obnoxious, so I gave him a serve. The pimply-faced oik scampered away in fear." I never imagined in my entire life that someone like that would get a job writing dialogue for Marvel Studios.

On 7/26/2022 at 10:19 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Looks like Variety is the original source for the other articles.  

Thanks. (thumbsu

-J.

Not for theNumbers. It is a box office aggregation site like Box Office Mojo that performs its own data quality validations before publishing content.

Is the argument that Love and Thunder didn't cost much more than The Batman? Because that wouldn't make any sense. While both directors may have shot the same amount of material (about 4 hours), The Batman is not reliant on VFX for much of its runtime. It would be common sense to assume that Love and Thunder was significantly more expensive to produce, despite half of the film not making it to screen. I have to imagine that the Thor cast was more expensive to sign, too.

On 7/26/2022 at 8:14 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Is the argument that Love and Thunder didn't cost much more than The Batman? Because that wouldn't make any sense. While both directors may have shot the same amount of material (about 4 hours), The Batman is not reliant on VFX for much of its runtime. It would be common sense to assume that Love and Thunder was significantly more expensive to produce, despite half of the film not making it to screen. I have to imagine that the Thor cast was more expensive to sign, too.

I didn't say anything about Batman.  Batman also cost too much and didn't make enough money.  Just like Thor.

That's what those two have in common.  

-J.