• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan EXPO Dallas Comic Con Roll Up Tour Pics 2019
2 2

126 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Crops068 said:

So the only comics I ended up purchasing was the Con goodies of foil Batman 608 and Foil Batman: Harley Quinn.  Just didn't have the time to dive into the different comic sellers for books to be fair.  Spending 1 day there with mini-me was jam packed.

I however did get a bunch of stuff signed and submitted to CGC.

Ed McGuinness, Spider-Gwen #25, all three Unknown Comic cover variants.

Mike Zeck, Secret Wars #7 and #8 along with Captain America Annual #8.

Joe Rubenstein, Wolverine Limited #1 and Infinity Gauntlet #1 along with a Thanos sketch!

Scott Williams and Jim Lee, Batman 608 and Justice League #1 (David Finch Sketch variant).  Jim Lee also signed Batman: Damned # 1 (his variant cover).  608 is being facilitated tomorrow and signed by Jeph Loeb as well.

Got to meet Khary Payton and Ryan Hurst, both pretty cool individuals.

Lastly mini-me received his 1st graded book.  It is a story that once I have permission I will provide more details but he talked about it the whole way home (3hr drive).

For your viewing pleasure.  My "happy" Thanos by Rubenstein!

Rubenstein_Sketch.jpg.d0feab6304ad95e2b1d59479806988bb.jpg

That's an awesome sketch Crops!! I guess his "happy" sketches, my Wolvie and your thanos, were winners! Joe seemedbin a good mood! ^^

10 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

very nice!!  were u looking for those comics or spur of the moment?  What was your best deal?

Really there wasn't much in the way of slabs... at the con... what I was looking for was slabs of:

Jimmy Olsen 134 in 8.0-8.5

30 centers of X-Men 98, 99, or 100...

The  crow 1 NM ish

Although I talked to dealers before hand and knew not much of what I was looking for would be there... I had saved to spend enough for them, so it was kind of a seat of the pants deal...

I think the best deal I got was the Rubenstein sketch at $60, followed by Strange Tales at $140, followed by the raw ASM #59 for $80 that says VF- but I "think" is in a little better condition...

Worst deal was the avengers 684 where I over paid like $40-60 lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

It's the last comic then photo OP, wish more had joined in to the thread, but @Crops068 and I had fun... :foryou:

20190505_095559.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

It was more than fun, it was amazing.  It was busy, busier than I have experienced before but shockingly not as busy as I expected, unless you were over in the celeb area that place was a madhouse. 

Getting there for doors opening yesterday I was able to get all the signatures from artists done with witnessing no later than 10:30.  With the exception of Jim Lee, because his was a prepaid private signing.  Which left the rest of the day to walk around and get celeb stuff or whatever mini-me wanted.  So yeah ended up with Ryan Hurst and Khary Payton sigs and table photos.  Then some stuffed animal shopping, because no convention is complete without some odd animal for the kiddo and he found 2.

For context though the last con I went to was total the size of likely just the artist alley for this one.  So there is that.

This was also my 1st time interacting with CGC directly and submitting items.  Their booth, with the exception of literally at doors open, always had a wait.  The witnesses were friendly and if you were at the booth and they walked up, they would ask "anybody looking for/need a witness?"  Which I thought was spectacular.  One of the witnesses actually gave me some really useful info about getting a 3rd signature for one of my books, which is happening sometime today.  The most positive though was @Brittany M.  Reading the comments here on the forums about here and meeting her in person.  The comments are correct but they are not enough.  She is invaluable and made my time at the CGC booth not only memorable but superbly positive.

And here is mini-me's 1st slab (there is a story to this which I will tell at a later date).

X-Men_Classics_2_9.8.jpg.bf427fd2c12efcf2e01630c239b51b04.jpg

Edited by Crops068
At-age

I didn't video or picture it but there was a pretty epic Band of Spideys going through the outer ring yesterday. 

Front man was Spider-Punk with a speaker in tow blasting music, as he moved along the hallway more and more joined in.

37 minutes ago, Crops068 said:

I didn't video or picture it but there was a pretty epic Band of Spideys going through the outer ring yesterday. 

Front man was Spider-Punk with a speaker in tow blasting music, as he moved along the hallway more and more joined in.

There was one before spider-punk that was break dancing too lol

Battle Royale

Shame Mylar isn't as photo genic as I thought... :(

there is a barb wire #1 movie adaptation in this pic, and got some side boob action :banana:

Pamela Anderson photo 

20190505_124423.jpg

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Bbabababa, blueee MEANIES!!

20190505_115737.jpg

8 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

There was one before spider-punk that was break dancing too lol

Battle Royale

Shame Mylar isn't as photo genic as I thought... :(

there is a barb wire #1 movie adaptation in this pic, and got some side boob action :banana:

Pamela Anderson photo 

20190505_124423.jpg

Are you the guy in the red shirt?

Who is the other guy doing hover hands?

would love to meet Pam Anderson ! I know they rush you thru those pictures but was  she cool to meet?

Edited by comics4all

3 minutes ago, comics4all said:

Are you the guy in the red shirt?

Who is the other guy doing hover hands?

would love to meet Pam Anderson ! I know they rush you thru those pictures but was  she cool to meet?

Thanks yes I'm in red... and my brother was being nice since she greeted me shook my hand and was commenting on my book... she put her arm around me he called it awkward... for him.

I was hoping for 80's or 90's big hair lol but spandex will do :shy:

24 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Thanks yes I'm in red... and my brother was being nice since she greeted me shook my hand and was commenting on my book... she put her arm around me he called it awkward... for him.

I was hoping for 80's or 90's big hair lol but spandex will do :shy:

Very cool!

She is a ICON! would love to meet her & Carmen Electra!