• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,226 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

I am going to wake up tomorrow regretting that I didn't mute Brian.

One day I hope to visit the great State of Texas ... and I'm making a beeline for your shop. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... see if there really is a faux bat cave with a stripper pole in the middle....

3 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Tec 114 9.8 @ 156K :insane:

There are 2 copies in 9.8

You know who's favorite Joker cover that one is ? GOD BLESS ...

On 6/7/2021 at 6:22 PM, lou_fine said:

I would be totally shocked if it hits more than $300K, let alone the $500K mark that's being mentioned here.  :whatthe:

Now if it had come in as a CGC 9.8 graded copy, then that might have been a different story in terms of its chances to crack $500K or even $300K. (thumbsu

Not sure why, but I've always thought of 'Tec 140 as almost being more of a SA book than a true GA book since it's well more than 100 issues past the first appearance of Batman.  Will definitely be nice to watch and see where it finishes up at in the end though. :popcorn: :taptaptap:

As for both of the Grundy books, still way too early to tell, but I definitely see no problem with AA 61 easily getting into 6-figures, especially considering its all-time classic cover along with the fact that no other HG copies have ever been offered in a public auction to date so far.  :cloud9:

I can’t believe my initially assessment was almost right. Tec 140 almost hit $500K.

5 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

i was high bidder on an all winners for around 3 secs.

Fair Warning!

5 minutes ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I can’t believe my initially assessment was almost right. Tec 140 almost hit $500K.

That's only because I decided to "mannup".... only thing, now that it's mine, where shall I live ? GOD BLESS...

Watched the 3 super high grade Archie’s with amazement.  By far the nicest known examples the #10, 14, and 15 sold for a grand total of $43k. I’ll be satisfied with my lesser copies for now.  The Promise books are such freaks of nature my guess is they will have little impact on GA pricing overall. 

image.jpg

6 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Watched the 3 super high grade Archie’s with amazement.  By far the nicest known examples the #10, 14, and 15 sold for a grand total of $43k. I’ll be satisfied with my lesser copies for now.  The Promise books are such freaks of nature my guess is they will have little impact on GA pricing overall. 

image.jpg

... true, but I predict a 2 year resurgence in the GA market ... a lot of appetites will be "wetted". GOD BLESS....

1 hour ago, october said:
1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

450k+ for that is bonkers

So many crazy numbers. Hard to wrap one's head around it. 

The biggest problem is how this is going to shift perceptions on everything.

Dollars aren't worth much anymore is the problem moving forward.

6 minutes ago, october said:

Whoa. Very strong price on the 7.0 Subby 32. 

I almost jumped in on the 28 ... but I know it would have been a foolish tail-chasing exercise ... but it IS  one my top 5 Subby's. and settled cheaply. GOD BLESS...

1 minute ago, VintageComics said:

The biggest problem is how this is going to shift perceptions on everything.

Dollars aren't worth much anymore is the problem moving forward.

For people like you and I, the wrong magnitude of man has entered the fray. GOD BLESS...

9 minutes ago, october said:

Whoa. Very strong price on the 7.0 Subby 32. 

That was a gorgeous 7.0 that I thought about bidding on...and then realized it was 2021 and decided against it. lol

Did anybody manage to see why it only graded a 7.0? Maybe some wear / creasing that isn't showing up in the scans or is it a bunch of color lifting across the book (the colors seem spotty on that book)

I also thought the Pep #22 3.0 Voldy went cheap.

That sounds like peanuts for one of the rarest and most important GA keys ever published.

Just now, VintageComics said:

That was a gorgeous 7.0 that I thought about bidding on...and then realized it was 2021 and decided against it. lol

Did anybody manage to see why it only graded a 7.0? Maybe some wear / creasing that isn't showing up in the scans or is it a bunch of color lifting across the book (the colors seem spotty on that book)

It has creasing and edge tears on the right side if you zoom in. I have a 5.0 that's in about the same shape. It's hard to see with the yellow background.