• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,875 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Aman619 said:

well, you were there well in good time to take advartage of the god times we see for comics today.... but you made made choices to buy the books you loved at prices that made sense for you.  Unfortunately many of those have remained esoteric items (cool 50s DCs) still not absorbed into the mainstream that the new big money guys covet.

Too many of them have received undue attention. :cry:

I put up "Keep off the Lawn" signs but, kids these days, they don't pay attention! :preach:

9 hours ago, Funnybooks said:
15 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, I just can't stand all this SUSPENSE here even though the 1, 3, and 4 are missing:  :taptaptap:

Missing or held back?

I believe it was stated that the Suspense run started from issue #5, which would explain why those early issues are missing. :gossip:

Since they aren't in the current auction, I imagine these later issues are most likely scheduled for the next Heritage Auction. :taptaptap:

The ones that I find rather strangely odd are Seven Seas 4 and Seven Seas 6 which are both conveniently missing from the short Seven Seas run. hm

Edited by lou_fine

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, it's only stoopid if you are naughty (tsk) and take a look at the actual book itself with the clearly misaligned front cover :p, instead of only focusing on the CGC 9.8 label like you are supposed to be doing:  :makepoint:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F4%2F0%2F7%2F5%2F24075926%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

I needs to make up some little round stickers for my books. 

0627B52F-675F-4741-AA62-F4AB884CC114.jpeg

48 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, it's only stoopid if you are naughty (tsk) and take a look at the actual book itself with the clearly misaligned front cover :p, instead of only focusing on the CGC 9.8 label like you are supposed to be doing:  :makepoint:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F4%2F0%2F7%2F5%2F24075926%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

That's one gorgeous book though. I can definitely live with the slight misalignment. Not $264K worth of living with it mind you, but I can live it lol.

3 hours ago, Scrooge said:

Post Session # 1, the batch is now up to (I had missed 2 books that are now in the count) - $2,439,575 (before BP).

Since yesterday, the largest increase goes to the Eerie I believe. Went from $21,000 to $60,000.

What do people think of this price? The Eerie 1 is currently sitting at 75k (with BP) that's an all time public sale record for this book. Is it an outlier because of the ped and grade? Or has the market shifted (similar to what happened with Mask 1 and 2 in the last couple of years). I guess we'll need more sales to find out? It has been a book I thought was undervalued compared to the rest of the PCH market for a while. 

I have a question about how quickly comic lots go through on the HA Sunday auctions. This is because I try to figure what time to be near the PC, when a lot I'm interested in comes up.  Would you say 100 comics per hour, or would it be more, or ?  Has anyone timed it, to determine an average, or is there a reference?

8 minutes ago, fifties said:

I have a question about how quickly comic lots go through on the HA Sunday auctions. This is because I try to figure what time to be near the PC, when a lot I'm interested in comes up.  Would you say 100 comics per hour, or would it be more, or ?  Has anyone timed it, to determine an average, or is there a reference?

You can always set it up to b a phone bidder and they will call you!

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I believe it was stated that the Suspense run started from issue #5, which would explain why those early issues are missing. :gossip:

Since they aren't in the current auction, I imagine these later issues are most likely scheduled for the next Heritage Auction. :taptaptap:

The ones that I find rather strangely odd are Seven Seas 4 and Seven Seas 6 which are both conveniently missing from the short Seven Seas run. hm

Coincidence? I think not hm

1 hour ago, Mmehdy said:

What a amazing day....for Ga and Oa and Sa collectors...$9,283,050...just day 1 total....check out that R Crumb Piece I think it went for 260K...carzy

June 17, 2021.  A date which will be long remembered by funny book collectors.  New dawn, folks.  So many people with their knickers in a twist this past Spring how the sky was going to fall, the bubble this, the bubble that.

4 hours ago, Aman619 said:
5 hours ago, adamstrange said:

I too failed to select the right parents.  I wish I had read the instruction manual more carefully.

well, you were there well in good time to take advartage of the god times we see for comics today.... but you made made choices to buy the books you loved at prices that made sense for you.  Unfortunately many of those have remained esoteric items (cool 50s DCs) still not absorbed into the mainstream that the new big money guys covet.

The best way to make big money in this hobby has always been to have completely plebeian tastes!

1 hour ago, fifties said:

This is because I try to figure what time to be near the PC,

Just select to have Heritage text you when your lot is about to start (i think it's like 5 lots before yours comes up?).  You can also enable audible alerts, which cause your PC to alert you audibly (so have your speaker volume up high enough) as your lot approaches.  

Edited by Pantodude

1 hour ago, tth2 said:

The best way to make big money in this hobby has always been to have completely plebeian tastes!

(thumbsu