• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,891 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Point Five said:

I won one. Jesus. I'm a bit in shock.
Had to mannup... there won't be a second chance.

Reveal hidden contents

$264 plus ship. :acclaim:Wait, are you guys talking about a *different* Heritage auction?

1410879912_ScreenShot2021-06-18at3_57_07PM.png.8324b29cbe580d8838a34d27dc3cc69a.png

Whatcha get? 😁

I remember when a buddy had a Batman 1 in a sweet 5.0 unrestored for 11K and had it for a year... and he did shows up and down the East Coast .... mid 90's. But then, 11K was the equivalent of 16 million today. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

2 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

I remember when a buddy had a Batman 1 in a sweet 5.0 unrestored for 11K and had it for a year... and he did shows up and down the East Coast .... mid 90's. But then, 11K was the equivalent of 16 million today. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

11k in 1994 would be ~20k today; ~23k if in 1990 and ~18k if in 1999. Still sounds like a good deal to me!

Is this a record setting price for this copy of Donald Duck as I guess they must be getting back in vogue after being in the cooler for a long time:  :luhv:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/cartoon-character/four-color-178-donald-duck-rockford-pedigree-dell-1947-cgc-nm-96-off-white-to-white-pages/a/7244-94042.s?ic16=ViewItem-BrowseTabs-Auction-Archive-ThisAuction-120115

lf?set=path%5B2%2F4%2F1%2F3%2F8%2F24138684%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Sold for a rather astounding $90K and big congrats to the consignor of this book here who I believe is one of our very own here.  (thumbsu  :applause:

2 hours ago, goldust40 said:

The Promise Collection has now reeled in $5 million in this session, and there's still some ways to go.

I tallied it up at $7,020,840 just for the first session. Median price since Jimbo mentioned it was a whopping $25,200. Remember that simply means half of them went for more than the median, half for less.

50 minutes ago, Kevin76 said:

I paid $1200 for this raw copy from a LCS and got it slabbed, was part of a golden age collection he got, a lot of it was full of color touch, glad this wasn't one. I wonder if we'll see a trickle down effect across the board on the other grades.  

Detective140.jpg

I also have a 3.5. One of my favorite books. Should have upgraded before today 😭

00830EC6-23AF-4335-8BE2-2744D396E000.png

3 hours ago, nearmint said:

I threw in a few bids.  Pretty sure Barry giggled at them.

More than giggled, he had a live text thread going with the entire Heritage customer list and posted a few of these

image.jpeg.cbe631eb8e6f3752f7ee9b68aabca569.jpeg

Edited by GACollectibles

4 hours ago, bpc3qh said:

The AA 61 sold for $138,000, and the AS 33 sold for $33,600. Great prices for both I'd say.

Not from my own personal POV as per a post I had made in the other thread since I thought bidders did not yet have a chance to "feel out" the auction at such an early stage, along with another boardie's response:  hm  (shrug)

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Yes, totally surprised at what some of these mid-run non classic cover Cap and Joker 'Tec books managed to run up to.   :whatthe:

Makes me wonder if the AA 61 with the all-time classic Solomon Grundy cover would have gone higher than its final $138K price point  since it was only the second lot in the auction and most likely before bidders knew how much they would have to up their game in order to win some of these Promise Collection books later on?  hm  

Looking at some of these results so far, from my own personal POV, I would say the winner of the AA 61 got themselves a relative steal in comparison.  (shrug)

2 hours ago, Peter G said:

Yup, I agree. You put that book up again today and it’s a $250,000-$300,000 book 🤨

Edited by lou_fine

4 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Not from my own personal POV as per a post I had made in the other thread since I thought bidders did not yet have a chance to "feel out" the auction at such an early stage, along with another boardie's response:  hm  (shrug)

I was being a bit facetious with the 250-300k estimate but I do feel it would have gone higher if it was later in the auction.  It was too early. People weren’t sure what to make of this promise pedigree. 

4 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

So far I am 100% in my pursuit to keep this collection intact!

If only everyone was as dedicated as you and me, we could get it done!