• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,875 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

What a amazing day....for Ga and Oa and Sa collectors...$9,283,050...just day 1 total....check out that R Crumb Piece I think it went for 260K...carzy

Hey Mitch;

No mention of the stunning record setting prices for the BA books in your post here, so I guess you are still holding onto all of your copies even in this FOMO driven crazed marketplace for these almost common as dirt books for now?  :devil:

Being a much longer term TCBC as compared to a late comer like me :cry:, I imagine you must have cherry picked all of these books like MS 5, GSXM 1, XM 94, IH 181, ASM 129, TOD 10, etc. right off the shelves of the LCS at a big discount to the cover price and have them all safely stashed away in mylar for all these long decades.  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

3 hours ago, tth2 said:

The best way to make big money in this hobby has always been to have completely plebeian tastes!

...and a time machine.  Right now I wish I bought a heck of a lot MORE back in the day.

7 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Well, it's only stoopid if you are naughty (tsk) and take a look at the actual book itself with the clearly misaligned front cover :p, instead of only focusing on the CGC 9.8 label like you are supposed to be doing:  :makepoint:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F4%2F0%2F7%2F5%2F24075926%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

That's more than I paid for my restored Action # 1 for gawd's sake...

9 hours ago, woowoo said:

It looked 3.0 but spine was split in half so I guess i could have it all removed since the was no cleaning cover But pgx says cleaned and press that's not true and they would not of been able to tell in 2007. I guess it would get a 1.0 unrestored since it has both front and back cover what's worth more now that restored is starting to get popular.

unrestore it and then tape the spine to the book from the inside. might get a 2.0 or 2.5 blue

9 hours ago, Aman619 said:
12 hours ago, tth2 said:

The best way to make big money in this hobby has always been to have completely plebeian tastes!

...and a time machine.  Right now I wish I bought a heck of a lot MORE back in the day.

That goes without saying.  But who would've thought that I'd be directing my time machine to the day that Marvel Spotlight 5 came out rather than GSX 1 or Hulk 181?

Sadly, I did buy MS 5 and Hulk 181 off the newsstand (but not GSX 1, although I did buy X-Men 94), but they are all long gone.

8 hours ago, Crowzilla said:

unrestore it and then tape the spine to the book from the inside. might get a 2.0 or 2.5 blue

CGC doesn't upgrade for tape anymore. No way would I tape up a Tec 27. I'd unrestore  the whole thing and get the 1.0 if it's a possibility.