• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LDarkseid1 said:

That did sell eventually though right? Or was there a 6.0 that sold? I can't remember.

no, the 6.5 did not sell. The 6.0 you are thinking of is the Rockford copy that sold right before the Heritage auction of the 7.0 copy.

21 hours ago, Scrooge said:

FWIW, just b/c Mitch has talked and posted about the Promise collection every 5 minutes; at last count, the 271 Promise books in the auction currently have a combined bid of $1,946,005 (before BP).

Post Session # 1, the batch is now up to (I had missed 2 books that are now in the count) - $2,439,575 (before BP).

Since yesterday, the largest increase goes to the Eerie I believe. Went from $21,000 to $60,000.

OT and discussed before, I know, but how many complete copes of Tec 27 and Action 1 exist? Raw and restored, total? I'd guess (maybe) 200 copies of T27 and 250 of A? I do know that a significant number of ungraded copies of each book have been in private collections for decades. 

15 minutes ago, twmjr1 said:

OT and discussed before, I know, but how many complete copes of Tec 27 and Action 1 exist? Raw and restored, total? I'd guess (maybe) 200 copies of T27 and 250 of A? I do know that a significant number of ungraded copies of each book have been in private collections for decades. 

Guess I could sell my E Restored Tec 27 4.5 for a great price now ? I am 58 and always said that book will buy me a nice house someday but i think that day i waited to long. :facepalm: We can start a fake bidding here and see if it get's me to the sale thread @Gotham Kid(thumbsuI just cant see you buying a Hulk 181 or

spotlight 5 :whistle:

Edited by woowoo

8 minutes ago, twmjr1 said:

I'd feel comfortable saying 150 + of both books but 200 or 300 certainly is a possibility (we'll jus never know). 

Just now, Chicago Boy said:

Sell it !!! I need another Tec 27  auction to follow 

But a low grade 1.5 unrestored Gerber copy i got from him 30 years ago that i had restored to a E.4.5 that's only worth a 9.8 spotlight 5 and 9.8 Giant size x 1 :devil:

42 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

no, the 6.5 did not sell. The 6.0 you are thinking of is the Rockford copy that sold right before the Heritage auction of the 7.0 copy.

Awww ok thanks! I knew I was mixing those two up.

5 minutes ago, woowoo said:

But a low grade 1.5 unrestored Gerber copy i got from him 30 years ago that i had restored to a E.4.5 that's only worth a 9.8 spotlight 5 and 9.8 Giant size x 1 :devil:

Can any of it be unrestored ?  Not that it is not awesome the way it is....

51 minutes ago, october said:

I just take it as a sign from the universe to repay the favor to my own kids, by spending everything. :cloud9:

Be sure to flaunt it! lol

4 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Can any of it be unrestored ?  Not that it is not awesome the way it is....

It looked 3.0 but spine was split in half so I guess i could have it all removed since the was no cleaning cover But pgx says cleaned and press that's not true and they would not of been able to tell in 2007. I guess it would get a 1.0 unrestored since it has both front and back cover what's worth more now that restored is starting to get popular.

1 minute ago, woowoo said:

It looked 3.0 but spine was split in half so I guess i could have it all removed since the was no cleaning cover But pgx says cleaned and press that's not true and they would not of been able to tell in 2007. I guess it would get a 1.0 unrestored since it has both front and back cover what's worth more now that restored is starting to get popular.

The fact that you have the option is fantastic regardless of what you decide to do obviously.  1.0 unrestored good go for a premium IMO. Maybe your not looking at a price diff but to have a unrestored copy (for me)  is always best if that is an option 

1 hour ago, adamstrange said:

I too failed to select the right parents.  I wish I had read the instruction manual more carefully.

well, you were there well in good time to take advartage of the god times we see for comics today.... but you made made choices to buy the books you loved at prices that made sense for you.  Unfortunately many of those have remained esoteric items (cool 50s DCs) still not absorbed into the mainstream that the new big money guys covet.

18 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

The fact that you have the option is fantastic regardless of what you decide to do obviously.  1.0 unrestored good go for a premium IMO. Maybe your not looking at a price diff but to have a unrestored copy (for me)  is always best if that is an option 

Yup unrestored is number 1 even if its a 1.0 Make it affordable to many just wanting a copy (thumbsu

Action 7 1.0 pic 0.jpg

Edited by woowoo