• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,079 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, twmjr1 said:

A 4.5 All-American #25 just went for 11.4K, that's over 4 times guide. First Dr. Mid-Nite. Not so long ago this book could not be given away, practically. What is going on with GA books now?

Seems quite a few GA books are going for well above guide tonight. I placed a bid on a G- crime book and it went for for $25 over what I can get a VG copy for directly at My Comic Shop.

44 minutes ago, twmjr1 said:

A 4.5 All-American #25 just went for 11.4K, that's over 4 times guide. First Dr. Mid-Nite. Not so long ago this book could not be given away, practically. What is going on with GA books now?

Was watching this and ready to bid, thinking I was in the ball park. Wow was I wrong. Almost 4x what I was willing to spend. 

Edited by NEED MO DAKKA

2 minutes ago, szav said:

Some Ducks did very well...and I was surprised at some Richie Rich prices.

On 6/22/2021 at 3:16 AM, Dr. Love said:

Absurd, Thor's a god for God's sake

One of the first comics I ever bought (when I was about 5, so circa 1979) was a Thor comic, and I didn't understand it at all. It put me off Thor for many, many years. I bought a Sad Sack comic the same day, and I understood that one—so at age 5 I definitely would have voted for Sad Sack over Thor!

Edited by jimbo_7071

45 minutes ago, jimbo_7071 said:

One of the first comics I ever bought (when I was about 5, so circa 1979) was a Thor comic, and I didn't understunderstand it at all. It put me off Thor for many, many years. I bought a Sad Sack comic the same day, and I understood that one—so at age 5 I definitely would have voted for Sad Sack over Thor!

That’s funny. I probably did the same thing. I loved Sad Sack and so did my dad as he was in the service. He would buy them, read them and give them to me and my brother.

I never got Thor as a kid either. Didn’t understand it. Still don’t care much for him. Probably only have a couple of his books in my collection. 

20 hours ago, szav said:

A 0.5 incomplete (and restored to boot) More Fun 55 went for 9k in this week's auction. Insanity reigns.

This was the book I was most surprised for: $9,000us

I was actually working out a deal to buy a coverless/incomplete copy this week, and only found out about this one when I checked GPA to get some more pricing info to make sure my offer decent. Well, that's one less grail I'll never be able to afford even in super low grade :D

lf.thumb.jpeg.d3ec85e0d9efc10fb5107b67efcfba08.jpeg

The All-American 25 surprised me, but I can kind of understand it. However, I feel more sales are happening on HA recently that surprise me and I do not understand. For example, last weekend's auction, a CGC 5.0 America's Best Comics #25 with OW pages sold for a little over $2K after buyer's premium while a CGC 5.5 with OW pages (though less eye appeal due to an obtrusive stamp on the cover) sat on eBay BIN at a bit under $600 until a bit after the entire bidding for this copy (I grabbed the eBay one since I was debating about pulling the trigger for like the past 6 months or so before this anyways).  I value eye appeal, but not at 4x another copy's price, which was a big stand out to me.  Maybe there's another reason that I'm missing though.

There is a book in slightly lower condition and already going for ever so slightly more than the same books currently listed on eBay BIN right now (with same page quality and slightly nicer grade by 0.5 though it's graded by someone else). Curious to see what the auction will go for. I wasn't actively watching HA auctions selling for much more than similar books listed elsewhere until recently, so I'm not sure if others have observed the same on books they were watching. I noticed it a few other times recently, but I can't remember exactly when or on which books at the moment.

Edited by NEED MO DAKKA
Grammar

2 hours ago, clarkkentdds said:

AF 15 9.6 coming to HA... any estimates? 
I’m going to say $5M easy... probably more. 

No way but that would be awesome.  Excited for that one and the Bats 1 6.5.  Heritage continues to blow away the competition.  If anything the completion is falling farther behind

Edited by Chicago Boy