• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,947 posts in this topic

On 9/9/2021 at 1:03 PM, MrBedrock said:

But on instagram whenever a high grade book sells for a big price every subsequent hopeful seller asks substantially more.

Oh c'mon Mr B, we know they can ask whatever, don't mean they're gonna get it. I know you said that in jest. :signfunny:

On 9/9/2021 at 1:10 PM, Timely said:

They could be worth more as this copy had Off-White pages. A White paged copy should garner more, in theory.

I didn't think of that. Well there is a good chance one of the other 3 owners (assuming someone doesn't own 2 or all 3) will decide to cash in now. Maybe one of them will be a white page (assuming one of the other 3 are white) . Who knows, the next one may hit 4 million. 

On 9/9/2021 at 5:44 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

This book has highs and lows, depending on eye appeal and chance. But $180k for a Cap 1 4.0 with a rusty staple is new territory, IMO.

and for that Bat 1 2.0 that ends in a few hours? New record on the way there, too. It’s at $150k now, and it ain’t done yet

$222k for the 2.0 Bat 1 with tape. 

it’s official. Collecting has untethered itself from reality

56575F33-D531-49A5-8CD2-94043B349FF4.png

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 9/9/2021 at 10:02 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Me, big time

Blown the F out. Live bidding raised it $50k! My comfortable lead, going into the live portion, wasn’t 

I thought us Holocaust collectors were dwindling, but apparently not

E668A0D2-F595-45C7-B74C-AC4C0B47BECC.png

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 9/9/2021 at 12:27 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

$222k for the 2.0 Bat 1 with tape. 

it’s official. Collecting has untethered itself from reality

56575F33-D531-49A5-8CD2-94043B349FF4.png

I would say prices are unreal but this result for a Batman 1 is not what I would reference as the most exemplary indication of that.  Relative to every other book in the hobby in regard to cultural significance the Batman 1 is uber huge.  So this does not boggle me when stuff nobody's ever heard of outside the hard core hobbyists is getting the prices they're getting.  It would boggle me, in fact, only if the others got the prices they're getting and this did not get what it did or even more.     

On 9/9/2021 at 2:49 PM, Point Five said:

Zip #22 CGC 3.0 $13,333.20  :blush: :blush:

Very tough book, but I didn't realize how much demand there is for MLJs overall.  When I put my Zip run together I don't think I paid more than $4-500 for any of them other than the 22.  I wish I would have kept them!

On 9/9/2021 at 4:52 PM, buttock said:

Very tough book, but I didn't realize how much demand there is for MLJs overall.  When I put my Zip run together I don't think I paid more than $4-500 for any of them other than the 22.  I wish I would have kept them!

I mean, I expect to see ridiculous prices at the 9.x level as those books are just freaks of nature and will always have rich collectors duking it out. But five-figure sales for a 3.0 and a 6.0 is wild. Whew.

so 7102 pretty much swept the board on the MH Peps for about 707K

but also did some window shopping - Torch 3 (this after he went hard for Timely's yesterday), Wonder Woman 5, and...the Terrifying Tales 12.  Deep pockets, varying interests.  

so roughly 3/4 mil - just today

Mehdy is that you?