• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,935 posts in this topic

On 11/23/2023 at 3:54 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

There's not a lot that can be gleaned from this result beyond speculation on which variables might've affected the sale. Some may point to the label making a difference, others would point to the apparent condition of each copy (the 4.0 looking sharper than grade while the 5.5 looks more ragged and too much off the right edge). Also, the bidder dynamics might've changed over two days with additional collectors getting onboard for the latter auction ...perhaps looking for bargains... who weren't involved on the 16th (note: This point would've been moot if the books had been auctioned back to back). hm

Is it about the CGC grade, how each book presents, the label, timing or something in the notes about each book's history? (shrug) ...Inquiring minds want to know! :shiftyeyes:

Well... these are auctions. Sometimes they are not manipulated.

On 10/27/2023 at 10:36 PM, lou_fine said:

Any idea if this was a long time comic book collector or a drive by newbie speculator to the comic book collectibles market who thought they could make a quick killing and fast getaway, only to get themself financially killed in the process?  :tonofbricks:  :tonofbricks:

Speculation is speculation... collecting is collecting..

On 11/25/2023 at 8:47 AM, sartrexpress said:

Well... these are auctions. Sometimes they are not manipulated.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm saying, although manipulation isn't outside the realm of possibility in some instances. I'm just suggesting that auction results should be viewed as a bigger picture. It's a mistake to ascribe "trends" to any particular auction based on a couple of results without assessing all the extenuating variables.  Any number of factors can be responsible for a difference.  Speculation on any market shift involves looking at a range of criteria.

On 11/25/2023 at 9:14 AM, sartrexpress said:

Speculation is speculation... collecting is collecting..

This! ...Folks love to speculate, but there's always an inclination to read too much into any one sale. The one analysis which has real merit is MasterChief's in depth research into Promise Collection sales.

On 11/24/2023 at 6:46 PM, RareHighGrade said:

The HA auction starting on 12/22 has some amazing books in it.  Something for everyone.

A copy of this "modern Action 1 :roflmao:" just sold on IG for 13k, down from high of 43k

image.thumb.png.50c1ee4608ca92ed1d1a676733c81a34.png

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 11/26/2023 at 10:42 PM, Gotham Kid said:

A copy of this "modern Action 1 :roflmao:" just sold on IG for 13k, down from high of 43k

image.thumb.png.50c1ee4608ca92ed1d1a676733c81a34.png

And how do you feel about that P? Ah just kidding :bigsmile:. I'll tell you, out of all the cool dudes and dudettes that frequent the GA section here I get the impression you dislike that book more than anyone. At least the prices they sell for. 

On 12/2/2023 at 8:38 AM, Robot Man said:

Actually, par for the course now days. A lot of these books (although “key”), seem down right common.

I mean, how earth shaking is it to see books like this any more. (shrug)

I believe the Superman 1 will be the highest unrestored grade Heritage has ever offered.

Highest Spiderman 1 they have offered is a 9.4

On 12/2/2023 at 11:39 AM, Robot Man said:

I get it. High grade, big numbers. So what? Most people here can only dream of owning even a super low grade copy. Personally, I am much more impressed to see truly rare GA books in any condition. The kind that never turn up in ANY grade. Collections like Jon Berk’s, BangZoom and Gator’s Centaur collection, now those were impressive.

I don't think it is a competition.  If it were we couldn't get excited about anything that wasn't as impressive as the the Promise Collection.  It has been a while since any auction house has had some of these unicorn books.  Look how excited people got over a Detective 27 cover only.