• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,943 posts in this topic

I've always been happy with HA's grading, going all the way back to 2008!... but in 2022 I received my first badly overgraded book from them and had to return it.

Their grading may have loosened a bit over time... and they are doing a LOT more volume than 10-15 years ago, so that could be a factor as well. Still pleased with them overall.

On 2/21/2024 at 1:22 AM, adamstrange said:
On 2/21/2024 at 12:59 AM, tth2 said:

I just went to check out the previews for the upcoming April Signature Auction and there were so many low grade GA books that for a second I thought I had accidentally opened up the ComicConnect auction.

Heritage should reimburse you for the time you wasted, and, more importantly, the trauma you suffered. :sumo:

You get me. :luhv:

On 2/20/2024 at 10:10 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 2/20/2024 at 2:40 PM, batman_fan said:

You remember last hammer price?  Not that I will be bidding

https://itsalljustcomics.com/2020/06/12/comicconnect-to-auction-all-star-comics-8-cgc-9-4-and-sensation-comics-1-cgc-9-6/

This was the promo write-up for these two books in their Event Auction 43, but did they actually sell since I can't find it in their auction archives?  ???

On 2/20/2024 at 11:22 AM, adamstrange said:

Heritage should reimburse you for the time you wasted, and, more importantly, the trauma you suffered. :sumo:

jimadler.jpg

On 2/20/2024 at 8:16 PM, waaaghboss said:

Is HA known for slightly overgrading raw books?  Just got two graded and one was .5 lower,  and the other 1 point  lower.

have heard that it's not uncommon. ive seen pretty decent disparities come from HA raw books so i've started to seal and just lock it away

On 2/26/2024 at 10:53 PM, batman_fan said:

Recent Heritage sell.  Hammer all in was $2160.  Look at that lower right corner :sick:

Is this considered "DC Chipping" hm

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 8.50.42 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 8.53.22 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 8.55.23 PM.png

Holy mackerel. That is definitely a case of someone buying the grade, not the book. I cannot believe CGC gave that book a 5.5. It should've been a 3.5 at best.

It seems like grades have softened up across the board at CGC since Blackstone took over. I wonder if the same thing has occurred over at NGC. If it has, it might be a deliberate attempt to try to make a quick buck through resubmissions while completely disregarding the impact on the company's reputation. If they have one good year, they may sell the company and let the hapless buyer deal with the long-term fallout. If that what's going on, then it's sort of like what some stock market manipulators have done with pump-and-dump schemes.

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 2/26/2024 at 4:45 PM, szav said:

This looks like it could be intentional CT trimming with the holes punched in it right?  ... will be very curious to see how the collectors in this range feel about that aspect of it too.   Does this book match any old purple label copies?

image.png.458c4daa5c59bad0dc21683a1ef64c95.png

This is criminal. Seriously... This is an iconic piece of history. I cannot believe CGC is promoting this.