• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,896 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2024 at 4:13 AM, Gotham Kid said:

touching 4.3Mil (with BP)

Wow, comic bidding patterns are starting to resemble OA bidding patterns, with big bids being put in early rather than being played close to the vest as has traditionally been the case.

I wonder if that's the case for the biggest ticket books because their unique nature makes them more like OA, and therefore owners of comparable books are putting in defensive bids to protect the valuation.

Posted (edited)

guessing 5Mil over the weekend

there are 2 8.5s :whatthe:, didnt know that. Is there a scan of the other ?

image.png.55b4decf5f06a5008ab87819f721824e.png

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 3/14/2024 at 5:54 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, it could also be the AI bubble gang as even only a couple thousand shares of Nvidia purchased back in 2016 would be more than enough to get you this Kansas City pedigree copy of Action 1.  :whatthe:  (thumbsu

On 3/14/2024 at 6:14 PM, Aman619 said:

yeah and if youve ridden up Nvidia all the way, and just sold cause its finally dropping, youve got a lot of new cash to play with.  good point.

Most definitely, but the problem with these things is that you never really can tell when the ride is at the top and coming to an end.  (shrug)

Especially since a lot of investors had cashed out back in 2016 at the pre-split price of $50 when it had more than doubled in just a year.  Litte did they know that it would continue to move up in a volatile fashion until it hit the $900 price point (i.e. pre-split price of $3,600) during the past couple of weeks.  :whatthe:

So, if you are a lucky holder of Nvidia shares today which I sadly am not, would you sell before the AI bubble bursts or do you stay the course because you buy the story that it's still only the early innings in the AI revolution that's going to be a game changer for all of us.  I still remember reading a financial article back in January in which they speculated that the value of Nvidia might possibly pass Apple by 2030.  I guess 2030 is a lot closer than we thought because the market cap of Nvidia vaulted pass both Google and Amazon last month and has moved ahead of Saudi Aramco this month to become the #3 most valuable company in the world behind both Apple and Microsoft.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

Definitely seems pretty frothy and like a bubble that's about to burst, especially since it's now right on the heels and just a short hop away from Apple.  Then again, it just might not be a bubble and actually a buying opportunity even at this seemingly nosebleed price of close to $900 since its forward earnings with its forecasted growth rate actually still gives it a lower valuation than some of the other Magnificent 7 companies and also a lower valuation than your average Nasdaq 100 company.  I guess the talk of another possible stock split and the speculative possibility of it being added into the Dow 30 also doesn't hurt.  Or is it just another one of these short-lived hot tech stocks or the recent pandemic driven stocks and a possible flash in the pan, especially given the cyclical nature of the industry it's in?   Nevertheless, all I can say is that I just wish I still owned some shares of this company here.  :cry:

Bottom-line:  You really don't have to be a rich billionaire in order to afford this Kansas copy of Action 1 because I bet there's a lot of regular joes (like you hopefully, but not me unfortunately  lol) out there holding Nvidia shares that on paper at least would have no problem picking up this book here if they really wanted to, especially since Nvidia has always been one of the hot popular stocks to own or to trade for as long as I can remember.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/17/2024 at 2:20 AM, lou_fine said:

Most definitely, but the problem with these things is that you never really can tell when the ride is at the top and coming to an end.  (shrug)

Especially since a lot of investors had cashed out back in 2016 at the pre-split price of $50 when it had more than doubled in just a year.  Litte did they know that it would continue to move up in a volatile fashion until it hit the $900 price point (i.e. pre-split price of $3,600) during the past couple of weeks.  :whatthe:

So, if you are a lucky holder of Nvidia shares today which I sadly am not, would you sell before the AI bubble bursts or do you stay the course because you buy the story that it's still only the early innings in the AI revolution that's going to be a game changer for all of us.  I still remember reading a financial article back in January in which they speculated that the value of Nvidia might possibly pass Apple by 2030.  I guess 2030 is a lot closer than we thought because the market cap of Nvidia vaulted pass both Google and Amazon last month and has moved ahead of Saudi Aramco this month to become the #3 most valuable company in the world behind both Apple and Microsoft.  :whatthe:  :whatthe:

Definitely seems pretty frothy and like a bubble that's about to burst, especially since it's now right on the heels and just a short hop away from Apple.  Then again, it just might not be a bubble and actually a buying opportunity even at this seemingly nosebleed price of close to $900 since its forward earnings with its forecasted growth rate actually still gives it a lower valuation than some of the other Magnificent 7 companies and also a lower valuation than your average Nasdaq 100 company.  I guess the talk of another possible stock split and the speculative possibility of it being added into the Dow 30 also doesn't hurt.  Or is it just another one of these short-lived hot tech stocks or the recent pandemic driven stocks and a possible flash in the pan, especially given the cyclical nature of the industry it's in?   Nevertheless, all I can say is that I just wish I still owned some shares of this company here.  :cry:

Bottom-line:  You really don't have to be a rich billionaire in order to afford this Kansas copy of Action 1 because I bet there's a lot of regular joes (like you hopefully, but not me unfortunately  lol) out there holding Nvidia shares that on paper at least would have no problem picking up this book here if they really wanted to, especially since Nvidia has always been one of the hot popular stocks to own or to trade for as long as I can remember.  hm

:banana: I’m still holding my Nvidia stock.  They have the only viable AI solution right now and I work for someone also in the AI silicon game and our product isn’t even close to the Nvidia solution.   

Wish I had bought more :sorry:

On 3/18/2024 at 6:43 AM, batman_fan said:

:banana: I’m still holding my Nvidia stock.  They have the only viable AI solution right now and I work for someone also in the AI silicon game and our product isn’t even close to the Nvidia solution.   

Wish I had bought more :sorry:

Well, a true comic book collector would want the best of both worlds and simply take some of their Nvidia off the table, pick up the Kansas City copy of Action 1 for their collection, and sit back and enjoy life.  lol

Of course, that's assuming you was astute enough to have picked up a few thousand shares prior to their last stock split at what many thought was already a high price back then. :wishluck:

On 3/21/2024 at 1:37 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, a true comic book collector would want the best of both worlds and simply take some of their Nvidia off the table, pick up the Kansas City copy of Action 1 for their collection, and sit back and enjoy life.  lol

Of course, that's assuming you was astute enough to have picked up a few thousand shares prior to their last stock split at what many thought was already a high price back then. :wishluck:

If it had been under 2, then I would be good but at today’s high bid, not even a fantasy of bidding

On 3/21/2024 at 5:03 AM, batman_fan said:

If it had been under 2, then I would be good but at today’s high bid, not even a fantasy of bidding

Don't you miss the old days when we were all so much younger and thought that a million dollars was a fantasy world and one that we would never ever see and only dream of having one day?  :)

Now, we live in a real world where a million dollars wouldn't even get you anywere close to buying a house in most of the major cities in North America :( and yet also one where Jensen Huang has made countless new millionaires on paper at least with the Nvidia company which he founded and started back in 1993.  (thumbsu

On 3/22/2024 at 3:27 AM, lou_fine said:

Now, we live in a real world where a million dollars wouldn't even get you anywere close to buying a house in most of the major cities in North America . . ..

Really? I haven't priced houses anywhere, but here in the Detroit suburbs a million dollars would get you a mansion. But then again you did say major city . . ..

On 3/22/2024 at 4:40 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

Really? I haven't priced houses anywhere, but here in the Detroit suburbs a million dollars would get you a mansion. But then again you did say major city . . ..

I've heard tell a million can even git'cha a manchin in West Virginny! :shiftyeyes:

On 3/22/2024 at 6:00 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

I've heard tell a million can even git'cha a manchin in West Virginny! :shiftyeyes:

Having grown up in the Detroit area, I've always dreamt of living someplace as chic and cosmopolitan as West Virginny!

On 3/22/2024 at 1:27 AM, lou_fine said:

Don't you miss the old days when we were all so much younger and thought that a million dollars was a fantasy world and one that we would never ever see and only dream of having one day?  :)

Now, we live in a real world where a million dollars wouldn't even get you anywere close to buying a house in most of the major cities in North America :( and yet also one where Jensen Huang has made countless new millionaires on paper at least with the Nvidia company which he founded and started back in 1993.  (thumbsu

The company I work for has created about 10,000 employee millionaires and more than 1/2 that multi-millionaires

On 3/22/2024 at 2:40 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

On 3/22/2024 at 3:00 AM, Cat-Man_America said:

Well, I guess it all depends on your definition of a "mansion" as this is what $2.48M or $80K over asking got you here back in 2016: :fear: :sick:

4453-w-14th-ave-2-4m-home.jpg?crop=1.777xh:h;*,*&downsize=510px:*510w

backyard-of-2-4m-vancouver-home.jpeg

Edited by lou_fine