• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,866 posts in this topic

Private sales are sometimes not all cash transactions.  In these cases, the selling auctioner/dealer often themself assigns a value to the trade portion of the deal.  Who other than the folks at Comiclink really knows what the book sold for earlier?

Edited by namisgr

Posted (edited)
On 4/4/2024 at 7:11 PM, szav said:

And a bath for the ages on the million dollar plus loss for the ToS 39.

guy paid 2Mil for it,so butt-hurt champion of all time

image.thumb.png.3791ba49c3ee3488f14bc3bafd6bc770.png

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 4/4/2024 at 12:31 PM, szav said:

Clearly CLink is the superior venue right???

In all seriousness, hats off for brokering that original deal it it was 2 mil cash.  Does Josh sell houses?  Not that I want to sell mine right now but I may look him up when the time comes.

I wonder if it went to the same guy that bought all the other uber-HG SA books that were recently listed.  If so, then everybody seemed to make money off of him.  

On 4/4/2024 at 1:07 PM, szav said:

Several other 100k range losses so far too, the cap 1, the sensation 1.  They’re still getting great prices, so worse for the consignor’s/flippers than the market overall maybe.

Right. They’re still good prices for anyone who bought prepandemic 

On 4/4/2024 at 12:45 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Right. They’re still good prices for anyone who bought prepandemic 

I wish people would stop comparing pricing today to pandemic pricing. There were a lot of irrational decisions being made during the pandemic, pricing being only one of them. I paid $5K OVER msrp for my car during the pandemic. People locked themselves away from loved ones. People moved away from jobs and are now in a position where they either need to move again or not work. It was silly times and not remotely indicative of real life. 

On 4/4/2024 at 1:04 PM, LordRahl said:

I wish people would stop comparing pricing today to pandemic pricing. 

A loss is a loss. Blaming panic during the pandemic doesn't make it go away. I just want everyone, especially dealers, to forget pandemic pricing. The prices still reflect pandemic factors even though they have come down.

On 4/4/2024 at 4:54 PM, szav said:

More record breaking prices for PL 17... almost 30k for a 3.5.  Would a Showcase 22 or Sensation 1 even go for that much in the same grade now?  Feel like I must have missed a movie or TV show announcement or something.

image.png.1452c9ea0c18949c157c9ff20a791f7c.png

- Classic Matt Baker (Debated)

- Good Girl Cover

I only see this book going up.

On 4/4/2024 at 5:41 PM, Terry JSA said:

- Classic Matt Baker (Debated)

- Good Girl Cover

I only see this book going up.

You forgot best "rack" in the Golen Age, although Dagar 14 is a close second.

Edited by Mr.Fantastic

On 4/4/2024 at 10:45 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Quite. That’s a loss of over $100k in just a coupla years.

Gold is not immune 

IMG_9630.jpeg

I thought this was a good price valued at what it should be (and more than I thought some people would say).  But that was before I discovered here that it had sold for 270K previously.  I'd still say it's a proper price at 156 and that it looks bad only when compared to that stupid 270 price.  

Edited by BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES