• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,871 posts in this topic

On 4/2/2024 at 12:49 PM, fishbone said:

All interest is (obviously) on the 8.5 Kansas City Action #1 and it's multi-million dollar hammer price ...............

Action #1 mod-restored 8.0  is over $330K with juice ---- any guesses where this will end / should end  at ?  Can it hit $500K with juice ?

500K with BP added in

On 4/2/2024 at 12:53 PM, Professor K said:

Mystery Men 10? Science Comics 4? Fantastic 6 or 7? Champion 8? 9? USA 3? Silver Streak 2 for cryin out loud? 

A B is still a good grade, just not great. Mystery Men 10 is a good cover, but much of the credits goes to the colorist. The deep green on the bad guys makes the cover. Simon's line work could be better. Silver Streak 2, Science 4 and Fantastic 7 are pretty good.

The others you mentioned don't do much for me.

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 4/4/2024 at 3:59 AM, Gotham Kid said:

Dont think the Heritage Bats1 will hit 270k again, or anywhere near. It'll be on the low side.

we shall soon find out never say never 

On 4/4/2024 at 9:11 AM, lhcomics said:

My goal this year is to complete my Batman 2-10 run. I wish my goal for this was last September when this #2 sold for $15,600. I just bid $20,040 and got immediately shot down. 

Batman 2 CGC 6.5

great book though

On 4/3/2024 at 4:16 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Last time this sold, this  exact book was sitting at about $140k until the last 24 hours, whereupon it popped to $270k with BP.  I guess we will learn something about current market conditions soon enough 

IMG_9628.png

$156k... quite the haircut. 

On 4/4/2024 at 11:45 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Quite. That’s a loss of over $100k in just a coupla years.

Gold is not immune 

Low grade Bat 1/Cap 1 seem to perform more like SA keys since they are routinely available.  They're more like an asset than a collectible.  

On 4/4/2024 at 1:38 PM, buttock said:

$156k... quite the haircut. 

That's a scalping!

On 4/4/2024 at 2:07 PM, szav said:

Several other 100k range losses so far too, the cap 1, the sensation 1.  They’re still getting great prices, so worse for the consignor’s/flippers than the market overall maybe.

Specifically on the Bats 1, it was net loss of 40% irrespective of fees. 

The percentage loss on the other books was lower, but still undesirable for the consignor.

On 4/4/2024 at 12:11 PM, szav said:

And a bath for the ages on the million dollar plus loss for the ToS 39.

Woof.  But in fairness, $2M was just a ridiculous price to pay.  In a case like this you have to take into account what the book is actually worth, and it ain't $2,000,000