• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,854 posts in this topic

I feel like it’s more likely the FF 5’s are just super hot right now, and it’s less any kind of shill bidding. I think I saw some kind of recent rumors about Dr. Doom. But could be shilling, on both copies I guess. This isn’t eBay so someone’s gunna have to foot the bill at the end lol. Not saying it’s not possible someone could ditch payment, sure it happens but it’s tougher with these auction houses than EBay. eBay just feels like a massive shill farm.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 8/19/2022 at 6:05 AM, Kryptic1 said:

The ComicLink auction opened last night and there’s a FF #5 CGC 9.4 already at $210k, almost $50k over the GPA high.  Two people put in bids that high within hours of the auction opening?

Well, that's probably because it's about the one and only single SA book that I've ever really wanted after I started vintage comic book collecting back in the 80's.  :luhv:

I probavbly would have gotten my fix if I was lucky enough to have run across a copy in the used bookstore back in the day, but was never ever so lucky even though I wouldn't have known the significance of the book at the time.  :(  :facepalm:

On 8/19/2022 at 9:57 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

I feel like it’s more likely the FF 5’s are just super hot right now, and it’s less any kind of shill bidding.

I would tend to agree with you here since the lower graded CGC 9.2 Truckee Meadows copy had sold for $150,150 on Heritage back in April of this year and their latest CGC 9.2 graded copy in their current Signature Auction is already sitting at $150K with still another 3 weeks to go.  (thumbsu

On 8/19/2022 at 10:09 AM, lou_fine said:

I would tend to agree with you here since the lower graded CGC 9.2 Truckee Meadows copy had sold for $150,150 on Heritage back in April of this year and their latest CGC 9.2 graded copy in their current Signature Auction is already sitting at $150K with still another 3 weeks to go.  (thumbsu

Yeah I mean those are pretty big and visible books in two bigger auctions. Not sure someone would want to draw that kind of attention, especially being the same comic. But who knows 🤷‍♂️.

On 8/18/2022 at 10:54 PM, Gotham Kid said:

FF #5 must be a WHOLE lot more important than FF #1 meh

image.thumb.png.71b4b351df7c7215e7d935f2407569b5.png

image.thumb.png.742bae0a991aa38f9c77f2a177cc147f.png

Heck, even X-Men #1 in same grade

image.thumb.png.710ace9fbf4199e8c376d95fa314d4d0.png

Must be the WHITE pages lol Can only be...

Yeah I saw that. I believe I know who is bidding up these books... he's been well known to create fake large sales before so this was no surprise given he is holding 2 FF5's in 9.4 I believe and can't sell em for his unrealistic sky high price. 

On 8/19/2022 at 11:29 AM, Dark Knight said:

Yeah I saw that. I believe I know who is bidding up these books... he's been well known to create fake large sales before so this was no surprise given he is holding 2 FF5's in 9.4 I believe and can't sell em for his unrealistic sky high price. 

Well, maybe somebdy needs to assure that he gets a couple more copies into his personal collection which he also wouldn't be able to sell then.  :devil:

On 8/19/2022 at 1:09 PM, lou_fine said:

I would tend to agree with you here since the lower graded CGC 9.2 Truckee Meadows copy had sold for $150,150 on Heritage back in April of this year

But then a 9.4 sold in the June Heritage auction for $162k.

On 8/19/2022 at 12:38 PM, Kryptic1 said:

But then a 9.4 sold in the June Heritage auction for $162k.

Well, I guess that's what can happen when the supply of these in-demand books starts coming out of the woodwork and ends up showing up in every single major auction on a regular basis.  hm

On 8/19/2022 at 12:19 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, maybe somebdy needs to assure that he gets a couple more copies into his personal collection which he also wouldn't be able to sell then.  :devil:

lol well looking at it now, that might be the case. If that happens, he can corner the high graded FF5 market :nyah:

On 8/19/2022 at 3:19 PM, lou_fine said:

And he's not even a real doctor.

On 8/18/2022 at 11:03 PM, Cat-Man_America said:

Wait a minute, ...did I accidentally click on the "Tell me you're middle-aged without telling me you're middle-aged" thread?  :whatthe:

I’m sorry to inform you, my friend, that even middle age is in my rear view mirror 

On 8/20/2022 at 2:24 AM, LDarkseid1 said:
On 8/20/2022 at 1:09 AM, lou_fine said:

Yeah I mean those are pretty big and visible books in two bigger auctions. Not sure someone would want to draw that kind of attention, especially being the same comic. But who knows 🤷‍♂️.

Why isn't the crypto crash affecting the prices of comics? :taptaptap:

On 8/20/2022 at 7:52 AM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Because GA comics are the safest investment on the planet.  :bigsmile:  I think our history has demonstrated that...unless you invest in photo-cover singing cowboy westerns...:insane:

Hey man, if you hang a copy of Gene Autry comics on the wall and play "Back in the Saddle Again," it's like Gene's personally serenading you. You can't put a price on that.

Edited by jimbo_7071