• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Zack Snyder Appreciation Topic
1 1

272 posts in this topic

Sounds like Netflix is pleased with their Zack Snyder partnership.

The Stone Quarry Productions, a banner run by filmmaker Zack Snyder, producing partner Deborah Snyder, and executive Wesley Coller, has signed a first-look film deal with Netflix.

The two-year deal anchors the filmmaking team to the streamer for which it made Army of the Dead, a zombie heist movie that is among the most-watched movies released by the digital company. And it comes just weeks after Snyder set up his next movie, sci-fi adventure tale Rebel Moon. The latter falls under the new deal.

“My goal and hope are to bring as much quality content as I can and do it on a giant scale,” Zack Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter, brimming with energy. “Big projects and big movies.”

The company previously had a deal with Warner Bros., the studio for whom Snyder guided, either as director or producer, most of the DC superhero offerings in the modern age of comic book movies (except the Christopher Nolan Batman movies). That deal ended in 2019 and the duo spent time considering with whom they wanted to tie a knot.

“For us, it was so important to find a partnership that was based on mutual respect,” Deborah Snyder says. “The creative process works best when everybody trusts each other and you can take chances and be creative. For us, we don’t usually play it safe. The content we make is a little bit edgier. And I think it’s important to have a good partnership and hear each other.”

On 2/7/2022 at 11:14 AM, Comics-n-ERB said:

Last night I watched the Justice League Gray version.

Were some of the scenes changed from the Snyder version to the Snyder Gray version?  It's been several months since I watched the Snyder version ...........

Either way, I enjoyed it!

IIRC, only the Knightmare Epilogue was slightly different in Justice is Gray.

Some of the scenes look very different, though. In the main thread, I mentioned that the contrast in metallic surfaces, and black/silver details stand out much more in JIG.

On 2/9/2022 at 4:33 AM, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

"It wasn't perfect. But I had a good time!"

Movies do not have to be perfect to have fun or be good. You know that.  Any reasonable person knows that. I would in fact say all films have flaws., if you want to poke at them enough. 

On 2/11/2022 at 8:27 PM, drotto said:

Movies do not have to be perfect to have fun or be good. You know that.  Any reasonable person knows that. I would in fact say all films have flaws., if you want to poke at them enough. 

To say it was somewhat flawed comes across as mentally you forced yourself to find something because you initially thought it was going to be the same as the 2017 film.

So it's a win that even with that mindset you still came away feeling like it was fun.

On 3/1/2022 at 5:20 PM, Bosco685 said:

Netflix celebrating Zack Snyder's birthday today. That has to feel different from WB Studios.

Haven't watched Army of the Dead yet.  Loved Watchman, loved 300, Sucker Punch was pretty but to me that story was a bit of a mess.

On 3/1/2022 at 5:28 PM, media_junkie said:

Haven't watched Army of the Dead yet.  Loved Watchman, loved 300, Sucker Punch was pretty but to me that story was a bit of a mess.

Same.

I kinda use Sucker Punch as a reel to fish out whether someone is a Snyder fan or a true DCEU fan.