• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,136 posts in this topic

Not sure what to make of all this on again off again casting (news?) (rumours?) do we have any reason to think this movie is actually going to be made? Will there be any announcements about anything this summer or is everything on hold...indefinitely? (shrug)

Do we have any reason to believe they can still make movies that people will pay to see?  It's one train wreck after another.  Look what they've done to Indiana Jones.  Makes you wonder if making money is important, anymore.  But the layoffs will eventually happen.  The big shots will score points and stay rich while the working stiffs are canned.  I wonder how they can train wreck a movie based on a beautiful, blonde haired, blue-eyed, white, biological female doll and her straight relationship with a handsome, white, biological male doll?

And stop blaming audiences for train wrecks.  Pixar flops so "audiences are tired of animation".  The Flash flops so "audiences are tired of super hero movies".  Audiences are not going to flock to bad story telling.

Edited by RobHW

On 7/4/2023 at 11:04 AM, RobHW said:

Do we have any reason to believe they can still make movies that people will pay to see?  It's one train wreck after another.  Look what they've done to Indiana Jones.  Makes you wonder if making money is important, anymore.  But the layoffs will eventually happen.  The big shots will score points and stay rich while the working stiffs are canned.  I wonder how they can train wreck a movie based on a beautiful, blonde haired, blue-eyed, white, biological female doll and her straight relationship with a handsome, white, biological male doll?

And stop blaming audiences for train wrecks.  Pixar flops so "audiences are tired of animation".  The Flash flops so "audiences are tired of super hero movies".  Audiences are not going to flock to bad story telling.

boy, there were some i cheered at ESPN this week.   awful tv and radio "personalities."

On 6/30/2023 at 12:12 PM, Mr Sneeze said:

Dr Doom came to life on the big screen in a little sci-fi fantasy film back in 1977. Those in the know, know who came first, but for everyone else, he will seem a copy.

This. And I have never been a fan of the franchise since that moment he stepped through the door. I sat there as an 11-year-old (my mom took me thinking all kids want to see it), and I was optimistic based on the hype. The white polymer-armored guys who preceded him looked like Iron Man but had mere guns. Ugh. My first thought was “40 years later and we’re wasting modern special effects to recycle Buck Rogers rayguns and spaceships? Where’s the flying and repulsors???” Then Dr Doom in Black stepped in and I was done.

I wanted the MCU at the same time we got Superman the Movie. 

Matt Smith is a good choice, as he can play the character believably for a number of years.  I hope Mr. Fantastic's stretching ability does not look weird and cheesy again.  If the writers create a good and believable story with a great villain they don't kill off in the end, I think the movie will make money and be a success.