• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's X-MEN film (TBD)
3 3

566 posts in this topic

On 12/20/2023 at 6:40 AM, Bosco685 said:

Isn't a large portion of the controversy rooted in them having a problem calling them X-MEN?

That's what I heard, but haven't looked to see if it was true. 

On 12/20/2023 at 6:07 PM, VintageComics said:

Isn't a large portion of the controversy rooted in them having a problem calling them X-MEN?

That's what I heard, but haven't looked to see if it was true. 

Not know if that is current, but a year or so ago they were intending to call the X-Men "The Mutants".

On 12/20/2023 at 9:34 PM, D84 said:

I have a feeling the MCU X-Men movie will do the same to the comics value than Fant4stic did for theirs.

I don't know. FF books soared in the last few years. I don't really look at the recent pullback since 2021 as an indicator as that's more of an economic pullback than one that's strictly hobby-centric. 

On 12/20/2023 at 6:40 AM, Bosco685 said:

I somewhat agree with his statement regarding continuity of character (ie Mario) because it was the way they screwed around with the characters/group in the first X-Men movie that was partially why it sucked.  However if they do it right with the right actor (ie SLJ  as Fury), than it can work out well. 

Looking forward to a new X-Men game on your Xbox? Well it won't be happening before 2036. Sony has an exclusive deal with Marvel for all X-Men games too until then. Frankly, I'm getting sick of Marvel. Now they're ruining my favourite franchise by making me buy a new console if I want to play their video games? :censored: that and them. 

https://www.windowscentral.com/gaming/xbox-is-not-allowed-x-men-games-until-2036-according-to-illegally-breached-insomniac-games-materials

On 12/21/2023 at 12:55 AM, s-man said:

I somewhat agree with his statement regarding continuity of character (ie Mario) because it was the way they screwed around with the characters/group in the first X-Men movie that was partially why it sucked.  However if they do it right with the right actor (ie SLJ  as Fury), than it can work out well. 

An X-men franchise that focuses on women won't do well for the many reasons we've discussed in many threads. 

Let's hope Fiege and Iger get their heads back into Avengers (2012) headspace and create another winning story arc that appeals to everyone through a quality storyline and not through virtue signalling, which is the death knell for anything it touches. 

Edited by VintageComics

We can confirm from our sources that there have been discussions about mutants having a more pronounced role in the upcoming phase of the Multiverse Saga than initially anticipated. This is in hopes of establishing mutants in a more meaningful way on Earth-616 before the conclusion of the saga.

Some ideas include a Mutants series on Disney+, focusing on individual stories for several mutants (a-la What If…?) or an X-Men film under the Marvel Studios brand down the road prior to Avengers: Secret Wars. 

According to one source, another idea that’s been tossed around involves an Avengers vs. X-Men film set between the members of the 616 Avengers and the X-Men. However, it’s still too early to discuss, as the X-Men have not yet made their way to the 616 universes just yet.

On 12/21/2023 at 1:51 PM, Bosco685 said:

An Avengers vs X-men film would be a total waste of IP much like B v S was a waste. 

They rushed that movie and could have built a multi-movie universe out of it instead. 

Disney is hurting financially and that makes me nervous about their intentions as desperate people don't make good decisions so here's hoping they don't rush it. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 12/21/2023 at 3:31 PM, VintageComics said:

Disney is hurting financially  

I don't follow DIS. Casually, I know its recent hard times. Just as casually, I know the rumors in the popular business press about Iger shopping around Disney assets. I read the Boards & stuff as well. 

Frankly, I don't believe it is possible to change or alter or improve or whatever Disney's current corporate & creative culture. It's too severe. Zealots are zealots. My fan-based zealot's take on Disney is that its culture calls the shots, not Iger or some other [clear-headed] individual.

I call for Disney to sell MARVEL to SONY or any other interested party. Sony would be great bc it isn't owned or operated by folks educated in the USA or Europe [I'm making a rhetorical guess here]. The House of Mouse is rotten cheeze & will be until its next Little Mermaid renaissance. That ain't gonna be FF or XM or X-She or whatever's currently clever on TikTok. 

An Avengers vs X-men film would be a total waste of IP much like B v S was a waste. 

Blame that on WB for tampering with the roadmap Zack Snyder was building out. Including the 'Dawn of Justice' Snyder and Terrio didn't want to use, but were told to work with.

Yet the concept was a solid one about an Elseworlds Batman that needed to work towards redemption for losing his way after years of general audiences experiencing Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney and Christian Bale. So with this approach trying to change up the Bruce Wayne/Batman story audiences may have started to feel like had been told repeatedly across all those films and shows like Batman TAS and even Batman 1966.

On 12/21/2023 at 4:24 PM, TupennyConan said:

I don't follow DIS. Casually, I know its recent hard times. Just as casually, I know the rumors in the popular business press about Iger shopping around Disney assets. I read the Boards & stuff as well. 

Frankly, I don't believe it is possible to change or alter or improve or whatever Disney's current corporate & creative culture. It's too severe. Zealots are zealots. My fan-based zealot's take on Disney is that its culture calls the shots, not Iger or some other [clear-headed] individual.

I call for Disney to sell MARVEL to SONY or any other interested party. Sony would be great bc it isn't owned or operated by folks educated in the USA or Europe [I'm making a rhetorical guess here]. The House of Mouse is rotten cheeze & will be until its next Little Mermaid renaissance. That ain't gonna be FF or XM or X-She or whatever's currently clever on TikTok. 

You make great points. Rare for you, but I have to admit it. :baiting:

On 12/21/2023 at 4:28 PM, Bosco685 said:

Blame that on WB for tampering with the roadmap Zack Snyder was building out. Including the 'Dawn of Justice' Snyder and Terrio didn't want to use, but were told to work with.

I had no idea there was this infighting happening. 

I just always felt like something was off about this movie, because it felt rushed and disjointed. This explains why. 

If you know of any easy links to read up on this I'd appreciate it. 

On 12/21/2023 at 4:30 PM, VintageComics said:

I had no idea there was this infighting happening. 

I just always felt like something was off about this movie, because it felt rushed and disjointed. This explains why. 

If you know of any easy links to read up on this I'd appreciate it. 

Thread bumped with the article.

merry_xmas.gif.ac56936490d7e0d4a68a0944ad4918eb.gif

On 12/22/2023 at 3:52 PM, mattn792 said:

Introducing the Ex-Men's leader, Jane Howlett:

Marvel Announces A Brand-New Wolverine (msn.com)

:tonofbricks:

This reeks of the late 80's when the whored out Punisher and Wolverine in literally EVERYTHING to make a buck. doh!