• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's X-MEN film (TBD)
3 3

555 posts in this topic

On 8/31/2021 at 10:29 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I was never not alright, so...

Come on now. No need to continue a topic just to have the last word.

:foryou::foryou::foryou::foryou::foryou:

In case you didn't see what was posted.

On 3/26/2021 at 2:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

1963: Stan Lee gives into concerns 'Mutants' may not connect with readers so he ended up calling them 'X-Men' to account for X-gene making women and men mutants

1963-1969: X-Men

1970's: X-Men

1980's: X-Men

1990's: X-Men

2000s: X-Men

2010's: X-Men

2019: Victoria Alonso declares 'X-Men' is outdated as it doesn't account for female members

2020: Was she serious with that comment without reflecting on the decades of female members? Hope they see through the noise how wrong this is.

2021: MCU zombies declare "Well Stan originally wanted it to be 'The Mutants' so let's honor his original desires and ignore 58 years of lore and publicity including in comic books and films!"

:facepalm:

Ignorant of the comic book history, but more about the wokeness theme.

X-MEN MCU THEORY REVEALS MARVEL'S MOST IMPORTANT MOVIE ISN'T WHAT YOU THINK

On the MCU Theories subreddit, one X-Men fan recently laid out three popular options for how mutants could make their way into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. However, the most interesting option comes from a comment shared by redditor u/HandBanana666, who points out that in the comics, the origins of the X-Men can actually be traced back to the Celestials, who coincidentally are set to make their first major on-screen appearance in Eternals this November.

“They do have a cosmic origin in the comics,” writes u/HandBanana666. “The X-gene was created by the Celestials.”

cb188927-b9d9-4dda-8b6b-3500f7b3f336-x-men-celestial.jpeg.07ea21a07c7d9609d30725c153cf38f8.jpeg

A quick bit of research confirms this is true. The Celestials were invented by Jack Kirby in 1976. Originally introduced in Eternals #1, the Celestials are the oldest and most powerful beings in the multiverse. They’re also responsible for creating both the Eternals and their arch-enemies, the Deviants, by meddling with the genetics of the ancient bipedal apes who went on to become humans.

Four years later, tucked into What If Volume 23, Marvel revealed a new wrinkle in the story of the Celestials and their experiments on early man. Not only did they create Eternals and Deviants, but it’s possible they also created the X-gene that manifested thousands of years later to turn some humans into “mutants.”

2a00af2d-7d28-45ef-8c7e-bb1c445f7100-screen-shot-2021-09-21-at-121631-pm.jpg.b8a206a15c0772aed12b8da8526b894b.jpg

:wishluck:

On 9/24/2021 at 9:09 AM, Bosco685 said:

In the above panel, "the first two" refers to Eternals and Deviants. The last experiment in which the subject is not mutated is what becomes regular human beings. This doesn't refer to the birth of X-mutants.

ComicBook.com spoke to James McAvoy recently, the actor who played Professor X in the X-Men prequel series, starting with 2011's X-Men: First Class and ending with 2019's Dark Phoenix. We primarily discussed his return as Dream's voice in the Audible adaptation of The Sandman (the entire interview is forthcoming). However, we also took the opportunity to ask if he's had discussions with Feige about returning as Professor X, whether that's something he's even interested in, or if he feels similarly to Hugh Jackman about putting his X-Men role firmly in his past.

"I'm all about doing good stuff, and when I got asked to play Charles the first time, it was good stuff," McAvoy says. "It was good writing, and I was excited. If people offer me good writing, I'm always going to be excited, but I do feel like I've had a good ending with Charles and I got to explore some really good stuff, particularly in the first two movies that I did for him as a character. So if my time is done, I'm happy with the time that I spent and the time that I was given and if good writing comes in and people want to do stuff with me, I'll always be open to that, but it's got to be good."

On 6/29/2021 at 11:23 PM, Bosco685 said:

Even as a goofy character in Guns Akimbo, he did a fantastic job in an action role.

Don’t forget that his range is incredible, going from the action role above all the way across to playing a farting zombie, and so it is quite conceivable that he could play Wolverine as well. It’s not far-fetched.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 9/27/2021 at 5:02 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Don’t forget that his range is incredible, going from the action role above all the way across to playing a farting zombie, and so it is quite conceivable that he could play Wolverine as well. It’s not far-fetched.

Totally agree. Even in The Woman In Black, he played such a dark and troubled individual.

On 9/28/2021 at 12:25 AM, TupennyConan said:

As long as Harry doesn't cry, wear sequins, or high kick, I'm okay with it. 

Unlikely.  You're confusing him with Tom Holland, who played Billy Elliott.

On 9/27/2021 at 3:02 PM, Ken Aldred said:

If Michael Keaton can play Batman... and it came off well... Radcliffe can play Wolverine, honestly.
Throw him in a workout routine with trainers for a bit & get his costume right & it would be just fine.
Just give us someone who can act & loves the role. And who wouldn't love this role - what a fun character to play.

On 9/28/2021 at 9:50 AM, HighVoltage said:

If Michael Keaton can play Batman... and it came off well... Radcliffe can play Wolverine, honestly.
Throw him in a workout routine with trainers for a bit & get his costume right & it would be just fine.
Just give us someone who can act & loves the role. And who wouldn't love this role - what a fun character to play.

Biggest problem for me isn't so much who plays it, but how's it played

Do we need another PG13 Wolverine?

On 9/28/2021 at 9:53 AM, Dr. Dank said:

Biggest problem for me isn't so much who plays it, but how's it played

Do we need another PG13 Wolverine?

I hear you.
I think with Wolverine - maybe when he's first intro'd into the MCU - he is PG/PG-13. And maybe he stays at that 'level' in the X-movies.
But you save the 'R' stuff for his solo movie, more like what Marvel did with the Claremont/Miller limited series back in the day.
Let him blood & guts tear people apart & curse & smoke in his solo movie(s).