• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much does an autograph increase the value for resale?
1 1

58 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Are you talking about a raw book signed, or CGC Signature Series signed? 

Im looking at ebay and there are ZERO raw books signed by Dixon & Nolan that sold for more than $40, and those were all Vengence of Bane #1s

2 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Comic is in decent condition

Unfortunately the sig looks smeared somewhat:censored:

1 minute ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Yeah that's the one I have and I wasnt looking at completed sales.:frown:

From this bit of exchange, I'm guessing @Hollywood1892 is holding an uncertified VoB #1 (first print?) in Fine-ish condition signed by Nolan and Dixon.

If that supposition is correct, even $50 seems like a pipedream.

7 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

From this bit of exchange, I'm guessing @Hollywood1892 is holding an uncertified VoB #1 (first print?) in Fine-ish condition signed by Nolan and Dixon.

If that supposition is correct, even $50 seems like a pipedream.

It would appear like even selling it at all is a pipedream 

I imagine using it in a fireplace in the middle of winter to keep me warm would only give me a few minutes of peace and comfort.

$0.00 USD

=

$0.00 CDN

Edited by Hollywood1892

9 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

I imagine using it in a fireplace in the middle of winter to keep me warm would only give me a few minutes of peace and comfort.

$0.00 USD

=

$0.00 CDN

Not at all, someone would at least buy it as a reader, just a matter of for how much.

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I have a set of all the Kirby DC books that came out in the ‘70’s. New gods, Forever People ect. Bought of the newstand and signed at bottom of the splash page neatly in ball point pen. What are they worth? Priceless to me...

Priceless? I don't think there is any material good or service that is priceless. Everything has a price, it's just that price varies from person to person. I would sell those books for whatever the market would currently bear. That's because they aren't something I have any emotional attachment to. Your price would be heavily influenced by your emotional attachment and would therefore likely be much higher but I have a hard time believing there is NO price you would sell at. Your price may very well be unreasonable to anyone else but you have a price for those books. Is it $100K? Maybe $1M? Whatever the number is, there is likely to be a number at which point you would sell. Of course there is little chance of anyone paying it but if someone offered you $10M for those books, would you really not sell? Not being adversarial here, I get what most people mean by "priceless" and it's more a descriptive phrase that really means "I'd only sell for some ungodly sum of money". I just recently had this debate with some good friends and thought I'd chime in with my 2c

21 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

$0.00 USD

=

$0.00 CDN

@Hollywood1892 Don't throw it in the fire! you can send it my way!!!

8 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

Priceless? I don't think there is any material good or service that is priceless. Everything has a price, it's just that price varies from person to person. I would sell those books for whatever the market would currently bear. That's because they aren't something I have any emotional attachment to. Your price would be heavily influenced by your emotional attachment and would therefore likely be much higher but I have a hard time believing there is NO price you would sell at. Your price may very well be unreasonable to anyone else but you have a price for those books. Is it $100K? Maybe $1M? Whatever the number is, there is likely to be a number at which point you would sell. Of course there is little chance of anyone paying it but if someone offered you $10M for those books, would you really not sell? Not being adversarial here, I get what most people mean by "priceless" and it's more a descriptive phrase that really means "I'd only sell for some ungodly sum of money". I just recently had this debate with some good friends and thought I'd chime in with my 2c

It's called a joke...:baiting:

Of course I would sell them if I needed the money or maybe even a stupid price. Either one is unlikely at this time.

Everything in life is not just about money. I really feel for those who think it is. Money comes and goes, experiences and memories are just far more important to me right now.

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

It's called a joke...:baiting:

Of course I would sell them if I needed the money or maybe even a stupid price. Either one is unlikely at this time.

Everything in life is not just about money. I really feel for those who think it is. Money comes and goes, experiences and memories are just far more important to me right now.

Oh I fully agree, which is why I caveated with material good or service. There are a lot of things that are priceless, 2 of which you mention. 

4 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

mehMy bad

I've been a buyer for along time. Never sold a comic

Someone wants to buy a comic I have two signatures chuck dixon and graham nolan

And I was thinking $100.00

:frown:

Still dont know how to use the emojis properly either.

Wanted the emoji who is slinking around with a sad face 

Why would you slink around with a sad face? :sorry: It a hundred bucks that important to you right now? Would it change your life, does your kid need an operation? If you love it, keep it until you feel better about letting it go. I'm sure you have another book worth $100. that you are less attached to...

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Why would you slink around with a sad face? :sorry: It a hundred bucks that important to you right now? Would it change your life, does your kid need an operation? If you love it, keep it until you feel better about letting it go. I'm sure you have another book worth $100. that you are less attached to...

Thanks for getting me out of the dumps

Lol

And no I dont need the money.

17 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

The comic itself isnt in bad condition 

It's the signature that looks smeared 

If you got it signed to try and sell it, yep that's gonna affect any value.

If you got it signed cause you love the creators and the book... who cares!?!?

(also if you got it signed to try and sell it, word to the wise, don't get a book signed that's already market flooded both raw and CGC, especially if your copy isnt minty) 

49 minutes ago, shadroch said:

Did you really stand there and get him to sign all those books at one time?

Sure, it was only around 5 of them. Just the first issue of each title. He was just sitting a table with a few other artists by the pool at SDCC El Cortez. No lines, no hassle or money exchanged. He was happy to do it for a wide eyed kid. Times sure have changed...

Edited by Robot Man

19 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Sure, it was only around 5 of them. Just the first issue of each title. He was just sitting a table with a few other artists by the pool at SDCC El Cortez. No lines, no hassle or money exchanged. He was happy to do it for a wide eyed kid. Times sure have changed...

I must have misunderstood. I was picturing you standing there with complete runs of Fourth World, JO, Kamandi and the like.