• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What comic would you consider spending a small fortune for?
4 4

98 posts in this topic

Maybe i would consider this comic for a fortune....There were only 10 copies of this sketch cover ever produced....and the artist got 9....I got the ONLY  1 sketch cover available to the public...I had someone familiar on these boards do a pre code piece for me....PRICELESS........especially if Lady Death ever takes off....

LADYDEATH.JPG

On 8/8/2019 at 12:36 PM, marvelmaniac said:

In the past it would have been Rawhide Kid #1, Kid Colt Outlaw #1 or any of the JIM/ST 1-20 issues I need, however...

As I have gotten older I no longer have the desire to spend money on comic books, it just does not excite me as it used to and I feel the prices have become outrageous (is it because I became "that old guy"?), at this point I cannot even see myself spending $25.00 for any book.

Feel exactly the same here, though I'd pay $25 for a $100+ book ;)

On 8/9/2019 at 5:56 AM, Bookery said:

As a dealer I'll purchase anything I can market.  But on a personal level, there are no "mega-keys" that do anything for me.  But I'm a sucker for the ultra-rare (and often over-pay because of it).  I'd love to own a Kokonut Comics just because there are only a couple of known copies.  I love rare pulps whose existence seems to number in single digits.  I currently have a true 1st edition of "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde"... but in the variant binding that is so rare, it appears I may have the only copy.  I own a Charlie Chaplin poster circa 1916 whose title-variation may be unique.  I have what may be the earliest lobby card to depict Boris Karloff.  None of this stuff will bring what even a lower-grade AF15 will... but I find it fascinating for some reason.

Did you ever find a copy? 

On 7/25/2022 at 12:53 PM, BlowUpTheMoon said:

FB_IMG_1658767811523.jpg.24b77cd8b7f958e2f7ad13a0f8d84809.jpg

Interesting... then that's 3 graded copies (along with the CGC 6.0 and 8.0)...  since this is listed as a file copy, I wonder if there are actually more out there that never got public release?