• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Merry Marvel Marching Society (MMMS)
2 2

125 posts in this topic

I'm still working at completing my set of Philadelphia Gum Super Hero Stickers from 1967:

30-12-201212716PM.jpg

30-12-201212711PM.jpg

Vintage sticker sets are typically much more difficult to complete than vintage bubble gum card sets since stickers tended to be used and thus destroyed.

:frown:

On 4/16/2024 at 9:46 AM, TheComicsPreacher said:

Hello!

I picked this FF41 double-cover up off the boards this morning and am VERY curious to know if anybody here has any ideas about the custom MMMS name stamp that appears on the cover with the member's name, as appears here for "Willie"? (of the Willie Cosey variety; not the Willie Lumpkin variety)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Looks like Willie took his membership very seriously -- probably stamped all his comics. Hmmm, is there a "Willie Cosey" pedigree designation in the offing?

Willie appears multiple times in the MMMS lists published in those SA issues: Daredevil #37, Avengers #49, Marvel Super-Heroes #13, AND Thor #149!  Those issues all came out the same month, but that was three years after he stamped the comic you bought, FF #41.  Wonder if he ever knew he hit the quadruple whammy?

On 4/27/2024 at 12:16 PM, ivrimark said:

Looks like Willie took his membership very seriously -- probably stamped all his comics. Hmmm, is there a "Willie Cosey" pedigree designation in the offing?

Willie appears multiple times in the MMMS lists published in those SA issues: Daredevil #37, Avengers #49, Marvel Super-Heroes #13, AND Thor #149!  Those issues all came out the same month, but that was three years after he stamped the comic you bought, FF #41.  Wonder if he ever knew he hit the quadruple whammy?

Oh wow - this is too cool!!! I have all of these books so I will now check out the letter section for exactly what you describe - this makes this book so much more special to me. Thank you so much for making this note!!

(worship)