• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2022 at 6:16 PM, MR SigS said:

I think maybe you quoted the wrong post. 

No I quoted the right post, at least I think I did if you are referring to the writers of the show and not that review.  The original plan for the show, according to reports, had to be scrapped after Filoni and others reviewed the scripts. If they had to rewrite everything with the same writers, chances are good they fixed what was wrong but only by half measures without understanding or knowing about the other movies and shows. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 6/24/2022 at 6:41 PM, The Meta said:

Ignorance is no excuse in the eyes of the law

Not excusing anything. Filoni should have been on board from day 1, but he’s not officially the Feige of Star Wars…yet. 

I liked the show, but I think it could have been better in some areas. 

On 6/24/2022 at 4:45 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Not excusing anything. Filoni should have been on board from day 1, but he’s not officially the Feige of Star Wars…yet. 

I liked the show, but I think it could have been better in some areas. 

Without understanding or knowing about past canon

This is what we've come to as a society, screw continuity, just make money

idiocracy-ow-my-balls.gif

On 6/24/2022 at 9:05 AM, The Meta said:

Thats because they DO have extremely short term memories 

There is nothing Star Wars that is worse than the sequels

I remember seeing a few Power Rangers in the Boba Fett series that make me disagree with you.:p

On 6/25/2022 at 4:39 AM, fett said:

I remember seeing a few Power Rangers in the Boba Fett series that make me disagree with you.:p

Robert Rodriguez has got your back!

Boba_Fett_Jazz_Shooter.gif.16c1a2000f5ca3ccdf1e02327dd731e4.gif.9ac814debeb2381b924ae4819dd5dce7.gif

Or maybe it was some motion laser that required such moves.

:shiftyeyes:

On 6/25/2022 at 1:23 PM, MR SigS said:

Awesome documentary! 

Set in 2505, I think we're ahead of schedule. I figure programs like this are right around the corner.

Yeah pretty much there 

Dancing with the Stars

Big Brother

Survivor

Ru Pauls Drag Race

Any program someone travels around and eats

Anything to do with fashion 

Honey BooBoo

On 6/27/2022 at 11:08 AM, Bosco685 said:

I've only stared at that injury since '84. Thanks for saying something, I was scared I'd forget it was there

On 6/23/2022 at 10:35 AM, awakeintheashes said:

I'm glad I read this before typing out basically everything you said lol 

One thing the on-screen stuff has't conveyed well is the way in which Palpatine leashed and demoralized Vader. The comics have done it very well, but I wish they would show the extent to which he has before they allude to it on screen like the finale did. It doesn't really click with viewers , and I don't fault them. 

It doesn’t fit with the Sith goal of eliminating all the Jedi either.  They know Obi is still out there and they know easy ways to draw him out.  It just makes no sense they’d let him off.

I have really enjoyed this series.  I thought it started rather slowly but has built up.  I am almost caught up.  It may have been mentioned earlier but I cannot believe Vader's voice is not James Earl Jones but some technology through Respeecher.  Amazing.  I need to pull out my Vader helmet with voice changer and get in the true spirit.